• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

If you go ahead and start the Paypal dispute, I bet he will amazingly reappear and answer your PM. I can't imagine selling comics for that large of an amount and not giving the buyer almost daily updates. I rarely sell but when I do sell a large $ book, I ship it quickly and with constant updates to protect them and myself.

I can't imagine selling comics for that large of an amount and not giving the buyer almost daily updates.

+1

I give people updates on five dollar books, but that's just my own personal twisted way of thinking. :idea:

I've purchased from that seller before. I know he's overseas and his communication isn't the best. He's disappeared before so it appears to be him MO.

I'm not vouching for him, just sharing my personal experience

The books I purchased did arrive, so hopefully your deal will be completed as well.

Good luck

I've purchased from that seller before. I know he's overseas and his communication isn't the best. He's disappeared before so it appears to be him MO.

I'm not vouching for him, just sharing my personal experience

The books I purchased did arrive, so hopefully your deal will be completed as well.

Good luck

The problem is, HE might not have gotten them yet. I agree with the good Dr. Why sell stuff you don't have yet?

I'm not a fan of the no picture sales either...

Wait 5 minutes, take some pictures on your own and then post a thread. If you are trying to pay for your purchase by selling it to someone else...well...those are people I'd avoid.

Why sell stuff you don't have yet?

+1

Too many things can go wrong. Lost in the mail. Stuff gets damaged, whatever. The if you already have taken funds from people, now you have to do refunds and such.

You can't wait a couple days and look through the books yourself and do a page count?

You're selling stuff sight unseen and that can cause too many problems IMO.

Agreed as well, just trying to give the buyer hope

I'm just stating " what if's " in general. I hope he gets the stuff too, but why the radio silence on such an expensive deal. And I doubt seriously if the seller is going to do a page count on every book and check for missing coupons and such. I hope I am wrong, and I hope this works out. :wishluck:

Again thanks for all the input it is very useful. Good to hear jsilverjanet you got your comics. It does give me hope lol

Also when does the gimp give the orders on who can call him a gimp? Only messsing

I got them in the end for a good price less than the $7500 so thought as he had good feedback etc and was covered with paypal was worth the risk. Shall update what happens.

Also I agree with you completely Dr x. If someone buys anything off me regardless of worth I give daily updates until they have it and are 100% happy.

Edited by *matterus023*

That is the problem with our Kudos subforum: people can ONLY leave positive feedback. So if the guy had 50 transactions and half were terrible, you'd only see the positive Kudos because negative posts, even if based on personal experiences, aren't allowed. doh!

I have pm'd him that is the whole problem. Confused what you mean?

I mean you can PM jsilverjanet to ask him about his experience rather than asking him if a purchase he made was expensive or not in a public post. ;)

Have you tried to email the seller through the PayPal account he provided? Maybe he just doesn't log into the Boards on a daily basis. But if you were really concerned, why not email him? I can't imagine him having an excuse for not responding then.

It does make sense for him to check in here. But he's obviously not doing that so I'm just suggesting that if it didn't work after a few days and it was bothering you, try emailing him.