• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The less I do the lazier I get. It's a cycle. :ohnoez:

There are several metric tons of truth in that concept!

You Americans and your imperial jargon. hm

Why, I went to the frappe shoppe to ponder you missive and concluded the frappe was several metric ounces of blinding!

:ohnoez:

Noob :baiting:

I was duped! Purchased two books from rubberflipz (aka symbiotic). I did get the books but I don't like buying from people on the list and at least I know his real name now. (tsk)

Looks like HOS for you!!!!!!!!!!

:jokealert:

On the plus side you now know his identity and can avoid him in the future! (thumbs u

Heck, if he re-re-re-re-returns and succeeds in slipping under the radar enough to sell, you can out him and be Forum Heroic!

On the plus side you now know his identity and can avoid him in the future! (thumbs u

Heck, if he re-re-re-re-returns and succeeds in slipping under the radar enough to sell, you can out him and be Forum Heroic!

Looks like he had two new board IDs banned.

I'm still waiting for the apology from when I outed him and he insulted me for "assuming things". I'm sure one of his shills will be along shortly to issue it.

Hello,

My rather large sales thread seems to have disappeared.

I did not have pictures up yet but all of the books are slabbed and I posted rules for the thread.

Please let me know if there was a problem with the thread and what I can do to fix it.

Hello,

I did not have pictures up yet but all of the books are slabbed and I posted rules for the thread.

Please let me know if there was a problem with the thread and what I can do to fix it.

If I remember correctly you were posting first pages and pages of placeholders, a few of these are sometimes tolerated if the books are coming fast behind, but usually threads are removed if nothing is actually posted for sale.

My advice is to start a new thread, check the rules, and then just post one book after another, hard and fast, which is how people generally like it around here...

...well that's at least how I like it. lol

Hello,

If I remember correctly you were posting first pages and pages of placeholders, a few of these are sometimes tolerated if the books are coming fast behind, but usually threads are removed if nothing is actually posted for sale (with grades and prices).

My advice is to start a new thread, check the rules, and then just post one book after another, hard and fast, which is how people generally like it around here...

I was up until 2:30AM last night posting an index with a list of all of the books for sale.

I still had place holders for the individual books that were to be listed with pictures so that they could be viewed easily without posts from others cluttering up that portion of the thread.

It is a large job but aside from business hours (I have a day job) I had planned to put a lot of effort into filling in the blanks.

If you haven't deleted the thread I would appreciate it if you would put it back up and give me the opportunity to finish it.

Edited by Dr Chaos

Hello,

If I remember correctly you were posting first pages and pages of placeholders, a few of these are sometimes tolerated if the books are coming fast behind, but usually threads are removed if nothing is actually posted for sale (with grades and prices).

I was up until 2:30AM last night posting an index with a list of all of the books for sale.

I still had place holders for the individual books that were to be listed with pictures so that they could be viewed easily without posts from others cluttering up that portion of the thread.

It is a large job but aside from business hours (I have a day job) I had planned to put a lot of effort into filling in the blanks.

If you haven't deleted the thread I would appreciate it if you would put it back up and give me the opportunity to finish it.

You would need to appeal to Moderation. I'm only today's comedy relief.

Seriously you should contact one of the Moderators.

You would need to appeal to Moderation. I'm only today's comedy relief.

Seriously you should contact one of the Moderators.

I sent a PM to one of the moderators.

Thanks for your help.

I think the problem you ran into was the placeholder pages.

If you wanted to start a sales thread with a list of books, with grades and prices in the first post, that would be fine.

The constant "bumping" with placeholders got your thread pulled. So start your thread, list the books w/the grade and prices and then post the scans later on when you have time.

That will fly. Creating a 4 page thread with only one relevant post will not.