• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I think this needs to be addressed here.

The way this looks is pretty bad form for any seller who wants to keep selling here.

If there's a clear explanation NOW would be the time to hear it.

The way this looks is pretty bad form for any seller who wants to keep selling here.

Shouldn't that say NWO?

:gossip: He's done this before. In 2008 he "O man, it JUST sold via PM"ed and was nominated for the PL because of it. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2572515#Post2572515

:gossip: He's done this before. In 2008 he "O man, it JUST sold via PM"ed and was nominated for the PL because of it. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2572515#Post2572515

It's nice to see he's mellowed since then.... lol

For a few extra bucks. :facepalm:

hm Maybe Swick keeps a dosier on everyone and their likes. He is like the Hoover of CGC! :o

:D

I was going to ask him which Hoover he meant the one that wore a dress or the one that sucks. hm

Was he nominated? I went 10 pages after that and it seems nothing came of it. Did I miss it?

I think the nomination was just dropped and they went along. Idk. Just shows a history with him. He miss priced the book. It happens. Everyone's done it at some point. Own it and sell it for your asking price.

So Swick tried to do Junk a solid

Specter did something unsavory

Swick calls him out on it

People taking sides and want more info

I have one question...

How long will Columbia Comics be suspended for?

I have one question...

For what, dirtbag?

I don't get it. Book offered at $1900 which interested buyer says he thinks was a fair price. Interested buyer offers $1500. Book sold to somebody else. Why lowball like that if you felt it was a fair price to begin with?

The other part about trying to resell it does seem shady though...

I don't get it. Book offered at $1900 which interested buyer says he thinks was a fair price. Interested buyer offers $1500. Book sold to somebody else. Why lowball like that if you felt it was a fair price to begin with?

1. Book didn't sell to anyone else. Seller pulled book because he underpriced it and got a ton of PMs saying such.

2. Why make an offere? No one wants to spend more money than they have to. Everyone tries to make a deal. The Seller's actions make me think even if a "I'll take it" was posted in the thread at the original asking price, there would have been a mysterious secret buyer who "just bought it via PM before you"...

I've had two purchases here on the boards over the years that the seller didn't know what they had, underpriced a book and I bought it. Both times the seller mentioned "guess I should have asked for more" or "I had no idea that this book was rare" or something to that effect, both times the seller completed the transaction no problem. I've also sold a few books (modern, not my area of attention) that I had no idea were hot and could have gotten 4-5x my asking price. Thats on me for not doing better research.

This forum cant FORCE a seller to sell a book that they attempted to sell and then got cold feet about their price. But if a seller wants to use this forum for selling books, then they should honor their listed (or PM offered) prices, if not they should go on the probation list.

I have one question...

(shrug)

The first part of your post is the "trees".

The second part is the "forest". (thumbs u

Book for sale at $1,900.

I offered $1,500 which I thought was a fair offer.

Seller counters with $1,625 and most likely regrets his own offer and creates a false "sold via PM" to get out of the offer.

The book didn't sell! The seller just didn't want to go through with his own offer. This isn't difficult to understand.

And I don't get the last part "why lowball like that if you felt it was a fair price to begin with." I didn't think it was a fair price, that's why I offered what was a fair price. :D I've long thought that SOT/Spectre's prices are :screwy: I just figured I'd try to work out a deal with him. Lesson learned as he doesn't honor deals.