• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Also, my concern is this. Let's say I list an ASM #1 Fine for $10,000. Someone says :takeit: pending scan. I post the scan and then they say "I'll Pass" Now in actuality the book is a Fine and there is nothing wrong with it but what happened was in the time between posting and my putting up the scans the seller got cold feet for having to fork over $10,000 and used the escape clause of "not liking the scan" rather then just saying s/he didn't want to pay for it. Now in everyone else's mind there is a seed planted that there is something "wrong" with the book because why did person x pass on it and maybe they saw something that the other interested parties are missing. Thus people may pass on the book.

That is a good point and why someone posting a $10,000 book should have scans in the first place.

Also, my concern is this. Let's say I list an ASM #1 Fine for $10,000. Someone says :takeit: pending scan. I post the scan and then they say "I'll Pass" Now in actuality the book is a Fine and there is nothing wrong with it but what happened was in the time between posting and my putting up the scans the seller got cold feet for having to fork over $10,000 and used the escape clause of "not liking the scan" rather then just saying s/he didn't want to pay for it. Now in everyone else's mind there is a seed planted that there is something "wrong" with the book because why did person x pass on it and maybe they saw something that the other interested parties are missing. Thus people may pass on the book.

That is a good point and why someone posting a $10,000 book should have scans in the first place.

Excellent point

You post a scan with the book, all of discussion is out the window

Excellent point

Bingo!

Dan

Excellent point

If only there was some way to post the scan and the price in the same post at the same time. Sadly, we'll never know

Personally I think that pictures/scans should be a requirement in all listings. I get it, it's a pain to take pictures for a book thats $1.00. Ok so take a group shot.

In short: Put at least as much effort into taking our money as we put into making it.

It's why the place is going to mess. Too many hustlers. Buyers and sellers are always trying to take any angle possible.

Sometimes, the "good ol days" were better.

You guys are old. :P

It's why the place is going to mess. Too many hustlers. Buyers and sellers are always trying to take any angle possible.

I think we tend to romanticize the "good ol days". I've only been here for 6 years and still consider myself a newb. When I was a fairly new member, I had some bad dealings ( probation list worthy ) with a couple of "well respected", long time members. I was even encouraged at the time privately to nominate these people for the probation list ( I didn't ). Is it worse now? Probably. But if it was ever "perfect", it must have been that way before I arrived.

I think we tend to romanticize the "good ol days". I've only been here for 6 years and still consider myself a newb. When I was a fairly new member, I had some bad dealings ( probation list worthy ) with a couple of "well respected", long time members. I was even encouraged at the time privately to nominate these people for the probation list ( I didn't ). Is it worse now? Probably. But if it was ever "perfect", it must have been that way before I arrived.

The "good ol days" were before you got here. :baiting:

:cry:

You missed 'em by, like, 2 months....tops.

It was never perfect. Was it better than it is now? Ab-so--lutely!

You missed 'em by, like, 2 months....tops.

Yup. I remember the day the good times left, And fondly.