• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Not accusing this seller of any wrong doing except maybe a lack of common sense.

No returns on slabbed books and yet uses a small, blurry scan with some glare for good measure doh!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9297998#Post9297998

To be fair, all the books in the sig are also blurry. They probably just went to the Seanfingh school of photography

When someone is asking double of GPA on raw books, is it bad form to PM an offer well under the ask? (around GPA)

I usually keep my offers within +/or/- 10%, so I usually just skip those sellers, just not sure if it is ok to send the offer.

An offer is not bad form as long as it's respectful.

Also, the book might be double GPA but is the book severely undergraded? There are some sellers who just plain undergrade their books and even over GPA their prices are bargains.

Not accusing this seller of any wrong doing except maybe a lack of common sense.

No returns on slabbed books and yet uses a small, blurry scan with some glare for good measure doh!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9297998#Post9297998

To be fair, all the books in the sig are also blurry. They probably just went to the Seanfingh school of photography

It's likely just a scanner that doesn't do slabs very well.

I'd say if someone is interested with the no return policy, they can always ask for better pics.

I'd say if someone is interested with the no return policy, they can always ask for better pics.

+1 My scanner blurs the heck out of slabs. Great for raw books though. Until I upgrade I use my iPad to take pics of slabs, however would always offer a return policy regardless.

I'd say the seller should be proactive and provide those extra (and hopefully clearer) pics up front

I don't think its bad form at all. I would first ask if there's wiggle room in the asking price and subtly reference GPA pricing. Doesn't hurt to ask.

In terms of "wiggle room" if they guy is pricing raws at 200% GPA he's going to have to do a full on watusi to get into the realm of reality.

I just thought it may be better etiquette then, "Hey dummy, do you want to sell the book or not?"

lol You're right, that is better.

9% difference with a check/MO vs paypal

It was better than that yesterday. He offered 10% off for using a check.

I'd say the seller should be proactive and provide those extra (and hopefully clearer) pics up front

Sure, but we all know that most comic book collectors (or many dealers for that matter) are not always the best business people.

I mean, the selling world is littered with terrible pictures. eBay, this forum, Facebook (the awesome thumb pics abound on Facebook) and even some dealer's consignments are full of bad pics.

Anybody experience in dealing with Matt Brennan / SpideyCollectibles / Thecomicnewsstand (= eBay-ID).

He seems to have nice books, at huge prices, but details about the deal seem to be changing continuously. I have now 57 mails from him about a single deal in 4 days time!?

Is he fake or reliable and just a bit strange?

"PayPal purchase add 4% Will offer 5% off with check or money order payment"

9% swing from paypal to check or money order?

Pass