• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Not accusing this seller of any wrong doing except maybe a lack of common sense.

No returns on slabbed books and yet uses a small, blurry scan with some glare for good measure doh!

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9297998#Post9297998

"PayPal purchase add 4% Will offer 5% off with check or money order payment"

9% swing from paypal to check or money order?

Pass

It was a 14% swing yesterday.....10% discount for check.

I am a bit suspicious as this guy asks for a first time deal immediately a PayPal Friends & Family payment

I don't know the seller you're referncing...or even bothered to look at who you're talking about but I would not send payment via Friends & Family unless I either personally KNEW the seller or had plenty of good reason to TRUST the seller.

There is absolutely nothing to stop him from cancelling a friends & family payment, after he gets notification from you that the book has been shipped.

I don't buy much off this board, but the 6-9 or so times I have bought from boardies off here, I'll send via F & F, without being asked.

Just b/c I know the boardie I'm buying from has been around a while and he isn't going to screw me so I may as well put the 3% into his pocket and I'd rather see a boardie get an extra couple bucks out of a deal......than stuff any more damn money into Paypal's coffers, than I already do, every month when I pay my eBay/Paypal seller's fees.

I am a bit suspicious as this guy asks for a first time deal immediately a PayPal Friends & Family payment

I don't know the seller you're referncing...or even bothered to look at who you're talking about but I would not send payment via Friends & Family unless I either personally KNEW the seller or had plenty of good reason to TRUST the seller.

There is absolutely nothing to stop him from cancelling a friends & family payment, after he gets notification from you that the book has been shipped.

I don't buy much off this board, but the 6-9 or so times I have bought from boardies off here, I'll send via F & F, without being asked.

Just b/c I know the boardie I'm buying from has been around a while and he isn't going to screw me so I may as well put the 3% into his pocket and I'd rather see a boardie get an extra couple bucks out of a deal......than stuff any more damn money into Paypal's coffers, than I already do, every month when I pay my eBay/Paypal seller's fees.

lol wut? hqdefault.jpg

buyer just sent me a message. he asked if he still won because of the time stamp (took it in the thread) but am i supposed to honor it?

I have no idea what the PM was so I finished my deal with the other buyer and honored that one.

Thoughts?

buyer just sent me a message. he asked if he still won because of the time stamp (took it in the thread) but am i supposed to honor it?

I have no idea what the PM was so I finished my deal with the other buyer and honored that one.

Thoughts?

You have done nothing wrong. Posting the "per PM" suggests immediately a qualification is intended, and you are not obliged to even consider it until that is clarified. If the second buyer posted an unqualified take it in the interim than the book is theirs rightfully.

If you don't have a PM from the alleged buyer clearly stating he wanted those books, I really don't see how you could honor it.

Laziness doesn't equal a sale. Did he PM you :takeit: without specifying anything?

It's strange. He seemed to imply some sort of added condition "per PM" that didn't exist so it obviously wasn't agreed upon.

My opinion would be that he only "won" the one book and the other guy gets the second book. 2c

I posted I'll Take it on both books, and simply put Per PM to confirm shipping charges and paypal information; however, I suppose my phone decided to not send the PM. I only later received a message from the seller saying they had never received a message, when I thought my message had sent successfully.

Thoughts?

Since he was quick to make a condition-less PM, you should then make up a condition that he now has to agree to.

Like, Hector and Janet dual back rubs...happy ending is completely conditional and your choice to be decided at the time of the back rub.