• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

I edited that .. don't wanna wreck his whole thread .. just got annoyed the way he hid the winnah thanks paddy post .. then waits till next morning to say he under priced 

So he posted winnah to your :takeit: ?  That's a clear sale acknowledged by the seller.

Could you post your pm with the seller please?

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

It isn't.  About $40.

I had a VF/NM copy sitting over multiple sales threads for around $20 for a while that didn't sell -- a buyer just picked it up for $12 from me.  No offense to the seller, but there's no way that's a $200 book raw.   Graded, yes, but it needs to be a 9.8 to fetch that. 

If anyone thinks a raw 9.4 ASM 265 sells for $200, I have a cgc ss 9.8 Milgrom I will sell to you at a steal of $400

Edited by revat

13 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

So he posted winnah to your :takeit: ?  That's a clear sale acknowledged by the seller.

Could you post your pm with the seller please?

Keep in mind the book being marked sold and WINNAH thanks paddy was wiped from thread ...

IMG_8367.PNG

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan

3 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Keep in mind the book being marked sold and WINNAH thanks paddy was wiped from thread ...

IMG_8367.PNG

I'm convinced.

"The value ($20) in the posting was a mistake. As I pointed out to you in my PM to you . . . Don't get bitter because you thought you'd found a deal too good to be true. It was in fact a mistake on my part. A mistake for which I apologized in my PM."

It wasn't a typing mistake which I could understand.  Based on your PM exchange this was a valuation error on your part.

"I edited it after you swore at me in your reply."

There's no reason to edit his ^^ since you swore at him in a pm and not in the thread and he'd already reneged on the deal.   He clearly edited his thread because he didn't want to do the deal.

Chris, you're reneging on a deal because you under-priced a book by $20 or $30.  Honestly, you should place more value on your reputation. 

Edited by thehumantorch

4 minutes ago, telerites said:

Why would someone get a $40-$50 books pressed and slabbed?  

Isn't that just foolish and giving money away?

It's more about this guy torching his reputation.  CPannell when he spends $40 pressing and subbing it and it comes back a 9.6 and is worth $85 afterwards

1qcft0.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

2 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

It's more about this guy torching his reputation.  CPannell when he spends $40 pressing and subbing it and it comes back a 9.6 and is worth $85 afterwards

1qcft0.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

The seller should make an agreement with the would-be-buyer.  Sell it for $200 and split the profits 50/50.  Then everybody gets $90 more.  Seems like the easiest win/win available.

3 minutes ago, revat said:

The seller should make an agreement with the would-be-buyer.  Sell it for $200 and split the profits 50/50.  Then everybody gets $90 more.  Seems like the easiest win/win available.

He would have to get a 9.8+, no?  And the profits would be less the pressing, postage, subbing...

It seems he should just follow-thru on the original deal and all would be good; although, reputation damage has already been done.

25 minutes ago, revat said:

Yep.

It's a slam dunk; the seller should go ahead and send paddy that $90 now.

1 hour ago, telerites said:

He would have to get a 9.8+, no?  And the profits would be less the pressing, postage, subbing...

It seems he should just follow-thru on the original deal and all would be good; although, reputation damage has already been done.

Yep, reputation has taken a hit.  

This is a probation worthy transaction.  Paddy, a nomination would be prudent.