• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Capfreak's debacle was utterly painful to watch but entertaining in a car wreck kind of way. Thanks for the entertainment.

+1

Kid sounds like a dirtbag. This hobby needs fresh blood but if it's wankers like this... No thank you (thumbs u

Edited by Boboset

Hall of shame member is going too far but probation list permanent member makes sense.

The reason he's in the Hall of Shame is that this is his FOURTH trip to the Probation List. :o

Hall of shame member is going too far but probation list permanent member makes sense.

The reason he's in the Hall of Shame is that this is his FOURTH trip to the Probation List. :o

Not to mention his terrible attitude and lack of remorse. His responses made me want to puke, this kid should be banned from the site entirely if at all possible. If an ebay transaction was met with his level of maturity I almost think someone would start a thread over how bad he is. What a degenerate.

What Vince, you never heard of "Eighth time is a charm" before? He had plenty of more games to play before Hall of Shame status. :insane:

And Dave, only kidding around with you, but Connor has shown a troubled side that well deserved his new "fame." Let's see what the mods think today when they get a few calls.

Here's where I get to take some flak...

Aside from him masking in his name calling, Connor hasn't actually broken any board guidelines... yet. AND I'd like to make sure that the distinction between community guidelines and board guidelines is clear as he certainly knowingly violated the rules of the community, but I'm not seeing where he's done anything to get banned just yet. Arch already instituted the 18 and over clause; however, my understanding of why he was still allowed to remain was that he was being "grandfathered" in and not subject to the new guidelines all stemming from that one kid who was a big fan of Poison Ivy and was under 18 (please correct me if I'm misremembering / misinterpreting this).

The fact is we have plenty of members here who are argumentative and unsavory at times. Honestly, how many of us can't think of at least one board member we'd like to see removed? Most of us, right? However, unless that person breaks one of the board rules, it's tough to justify this. And this is where the distinction between board rules and community rules is important: is Connor's behavior completely uncalled for, inappropriate, and shameful? Sure it is. But, the Administrators and mods have made it very clear that they are hands off when it comes to policing transactions within the marketplace.

However, this is where board solidarity comes to play. Until Connor comes to a place where he can fully own up to what he did, then board interactions with him should cease--in the marketplace AND beyond. If he chooses to antagonize to get a reaction, then he runs the risk of trolling which IS a direction of violation of forum guidelines and we know what road that could lead towards. If he CAN man up, do what he needs to do (full apology to the members he wronged directly and the community as a whole for causing such an uproar), then I'm fine with him resuming his place in the community... sans marketplace privileges.

Connor... I'd still like to think you're a good kid who wants to do the right thing here who allowed himself to make some easy decisions that lead to some hard consequences. Let's take today to make things right. We're past the point of everyone walking away from this feeling good, but it is possible for you to still do the right thing.

However, this is where board solidarity comes to play. Until Connor comes to a place where he can fully own up to what he did, then board interactions with him should cease--in the marketplace AND beyond. If he chooses to antagonize to get a reaction, then he runs the risk of trolling which IS a direction of violation of forum guidelines and we know what road that could lead towards. If he CAN man up, do what he needs to do (full apology to the members he wronged directly and the community as a whole for causing such an uproar), then I'm fine with him resuming his place in the community... sans marketplace privileges.

I totally agree with your logical analysis of the situation, as this is why he was most probably taking the stance of "I dare you to ban me from posting." He's been here long enough to play the system.

So what about this. Can we take this stance to the Comics General thread with the backing of the folks that were impacted by this individual? I've been tempted a few times last night so it is known by the wider audience what he did and how he handled himself.

This way, it is clear he has broken community rules, needs to learn a hard lesson as FOUR TIMES is way over the line, and even asking for support to follow your suggestion.

Otherwise, he is just going to play the system again, and there is very little impact Connor will experience from the situation other than a brief embarrassment.

Thoughts?

I don't thinks anyone wants to see him banned (shrug)

I just personally think his arrogant approach to the situation is what's pizzing people off.

I just personally think his arrogant approach to the situation is what's pizzing people off.

I think Mac Man has the right approach....short of a ban, but more like a virtual Scarlet A from the board until Cap makes right. That makes sense to me as it seems pretty clear (at least to me) that he doesn't yet understand 100% how a community works. You don't have to wrong a specific person to lose that person's trust or friendship.

Arrogant approach to dealing with people who believe he's trying to steal from them is pretty bad in my opinion. From my understanding, with the number of deals gone south, it could be considered enough to be kicked off ebay... That is assuming everyone would file claims and pursue the matter to its fullest. I'm making a comparision, I know this isn't ebay. ;)

Arrogant approach to dealing with people who believe he's trying to steal from them is pretty bad in my opinion. From my understanding, with the number of deals gone south, it could be considered enough to be kicked off ebay... That is assuming everyone would file claims and pursue the matter to its fullest. I'm making a comparision, I know this isn't ebay. ;)

Anyone who can read will know that Connor is not the person to buy comics from. He has done a pretty good job of marking himself.

No need to break out the torches and pitchforks. If he is OK with eating at a table all by himself then fine. Hopefully he will grow up and mature to the point of being a trusted member of the forums again. Until then he will be kept at arms length by everyone that counts.

This whole thing is nothing but same song, third or fourth verse. He has never had to face any consequences to his actions, which is the main problem here if a sale goes sour. Until he matures in his business dealings, no one will see any difference in him.

Frankly, I think waiting 30 days is too long. If someone can't pay or ship in about two weeks, unless previous arrangements have been made, then there is a problem.

This whole thing is nothing but same song, third or fourth verse. He has never had to face any consequences to his actions, which is the main problem here if a sale goes sour. Until he matures in his business dealings, no one will see any difference in him.

Frankly, I think waiting 30 days is too long. If someone can't pay or ship in about two weeks, unless previous arrangements have been made, then there is a problem.

Agreed, the 30 days wait is too long. Maybe 20 days to allow for bad weather, emergencies, etc.

Agreed, the 30 days wait is too long. Maybe 20 days to allow for bad weather, emergencies, etc.

To be perfectly frank? I'd say 7 days without any communication and there would need to be some fully explicated reasons for not doing so if it happened (none of this "it's too personal to talk about"). I'd say 14 days TOPS if the item in question was shipped priority and 21 days if shipped first class / media. I was deployed to the Middle East, and it never took more than 3 weeks for a package to get shipped to me (and military postal service is NOT the fastest out there!).

Ive been holding books for one member for like 45 days..

But hes a friend, keeps adding. And I told him I would gladly work a larger box for him since itsgoing to the UK. And now he waits longer because I am getting two of his books SS at WWPA for him, that he shipped a short while ago.

Helping friends :cloud9:

Informing the buyers about delays would also be helpful. :juggle:

Exactly! and this should be common sense :eek:

Communication is key (thumbs u :sumo:

Ive been holding books for one member for like 45 days..

But hes a friend, keeps adding. And I told him I would gladly work a larger box for him since itsgoing to the UK. And now he waits longer because I am getting two of his books SS at WWPA for him, that he shipped a short while ago.

Helping friends :cloud9:

YouDaManJesus.jpg

To be perfectly frank? I'd say 7 days without any communication and there would need to be some fully explicated reasons for not doing so if it happened (none of this "it's too personal to talk about"). I'd say 14 days TOPS if the item in question was shipped priority and 21 days if shipped first class / media. I was deployed to the Middle East, and it never took more than 3 weeks for a package to get shipped to me (and military postal service is NOT the fastest out there!).

totally agree - Especially if paypal is the method of payment used. No communication is unacceptable to me. If you have decided to sell product to trusting individuals then you need to man up and stay attentive like you would on an ebay transaction or running a business. When the buyer has a question - you should be available to respond in 24-48 hours. IMO It's my guess that most of us would not have a problem with a delay as long as the seller was communicating the problem.

As for the actual delivery - I agree with Mac Man

In the 2-1/2 years since I've joined the boards, I've witnessed a number of fiascos like this one, and it all boils down to COMMUNICATION. Most people are pretty patient as long as they're kept informed.

Plenty of sellers have said they have no problems with time payments or cancelling a deal if a buyer has overextended him/herself or has buyer's remorse. The problem arises when the takeit graemlin is posted and then the seller hears nothing for 30 days or has their PMs ignored. Likewise for buyers who get excuses or ignored by sellers about delays in mailing.

In many cases, the buyer/seller with a grievance has said that honest communication by the probationer would have gone a long way to salvaging the situation.