• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Having seen a little bit of Trade discussion going on lately, I was wondering if people would like to see a 'Trades Only' sub-forum? I think it's a good idea and would probably take off if given a chance.

It would keep trades seperate for Sales and WTB threads so they stayed clean, and prospective traders wouldn't have to trawl through those forums to find the stuff they want either.

Having seen a little bit of Trade discussion going on lately, I was wondering if people would like to see a 'Trades Only' sub-forum? I think it's a good idea and would probably take off if given a chance.

It would keep trades seperate for Sales and WTB threads so they stayed clean, and prospective traders wouldn't have to trawl through those forums to find the stuff they want either.

myself and another board member have books in transit at this moment -- and another trade being worked on with another boardie -- I say (thumbs u

If people who are against could post their reasons then that would probably help towards integrating it if it ever did happen. If there's something about it people don't like then maybe that could be worked around to make a larger amount of boardies happy :)

If people who are against could post their reasons then that would probably help towards integrating it if it ever did happen. If there's something about it people don't like then maybe that could be worked around to make a larger amount of boardies happy :)

I love the idea Gav. Then I can get rid of some of these nasty Silver Age books for the Copper and Moderns that I love. :insane:

Not specific enough - no way in HeII we need another sub-forum here, that would be insane, but putting a Trade section in the WTB area would be fine.

But if we keep adding sub-forums to this main section, it WILL get as bad as the detractors say, and fast.

You're gonna get me castrated if my day to day wife reads that. :eek:

Kelly Brook

^^

Jason, I've been waiting for it already with those photos. The next would be the event where she woke you up in the middle of the night with a quick SNIPPPP!

:sick:

Edited by Bosco685

You're gonna get me castrated if my day to day wife reads that. :eek:

Kelly Brook

^^

Jason, I've been waiting for it already with those photos. The next would be the event where she woke you up in the middle of the night with a quick SNIPPPP!

:sick:

:o She doesn't need ANY ideas.

Cap Freak (Connor),

I sent you a PM yesterday, that is still unopened in your message box. I tried to give you a little advice to make things right with these people. I hope that you will. If you're going through a tough time right now, then just refund everyone's money and don't log on to the boards for a while. The important thing is for you to start paying back the folks that you owe money to. After you honor your commitments, do as you wish.

Andy 2c

Conner,

No stake in this except for community solidarity, but...

I'd highly recommend taking a breather before posting again. When you do, apologize publicly and right the wrongs with the people you've had bad dealings with. I'd suggest doing so before the mods wake up tomorrow and check this out. It's not 100% guaranteed yet, but it's very likely you'll at least get a suspension for your posts (if you don't get banned).

Keep in mind that this board is a treasure trove of knowledge and an excellent resource for anyone in the hobby...and it's not a huge community. It would be a bad for your collection to sully your name so early in your collecting life. People don't soon forget things like this, but an apology would go a long way. Everyone has bad days/weeks/months.

Cool down and make things right publicly and do so before the mods get to you. I don't think you're beyond redemption quite yet. (thumbs u

Conner,

No stake in this except for community solidarity, but...

I'd highly recommend taking a breather before posting again. When you do, apologize publicly and right the wrongs with the people you've had bad dealings with. I'd suggest doing so before the mods wake up tomorrow and check this out. It's not 100% guaranteed yet, but it's very likely you'll at least get a suspension for your posts (if you don't get banned).

Keep in mind that this board is a treasure trove of knowledge and an excellent resource for anyone in the hobby...and it's not a huge community. It would be a bad for your collection to sully your name so early in your collecting life. People don't soon forget things like this, but an apology would go a long way. Everyone has bad days/weeks/months.

Cool down and make things right publicly and do so before the mods get to you. I don't think you're beyond redemption quite yet. (thumbs u

Just finished reading the other thread and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed in Conner. I think we all saw him as a young example of ourselves who shared our passion and who was intelligent and well spoken.

Life gets in the way and we have certainly all made mistakes but Conner's attitude and lack of apology don't sit well with me. Hall of shame member is going too far but probation list permanent member makes sense.

Edited by thehumantorch

Capfreak's debacle was utterly painful to watch but entertaining in a car wreck kind of way. Thanks for the entertainment.