• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

This whole thing is nothing but same song, third or fourth verse. He has never had to face any consequences to his actions, which is the main problem here if a sale goes sour. Until he matures in his business dealings, no one will see any difference in him.

Frankly, I think waiting 30 days is too long. If someone can't pay or ship in about two weeks, unless previous arrangements have been made, then there is a problem.

Agreed, the 30 days wait is too long. Maybe 20 days to allow for bad weather, emergencies, etc.

Ive been holding books for one member for like 45 days..

But hes a friend, keeps adding. And I told him I would gladly work a larger box for him since itsgoing to the UK. And now he waits longer because I am getting two of his books SS at WWPA for him, that he shipped a short while ago.

Helping friends :cloud9:

Aye, and there's the rub: communication. Pat, you and your friend have established a set of guidelines to dictate the way this purchase will be conducted and so, you're able to work outside of the pre-established guidelines.

I don't thinks anyone wants to see him banned (shrug)

I just personally think his arrogant approach to the situation is what's pizzing people off.

personally i think anyone who receives money and doesnt send the books should be banned. Im a member of 3 other forums (noncomic) where things are bought and sold and this type of action is auto-ban on first offense on every one of them.

I don't thinks anyone wants to see him banned (shrug)

I just personally think his arrogant approach to the situation is what's pizzing people off.

personally i think anyone who receives money and doesnt send the books should be banned. Im a member of 3 other forums (noncomic) where things are bought and sold and this type of action is auto-ban on first offense on every one of them.

And rightly so I think.

Maybe because, if this is looked at in the extremity, this is theft. Or at least obtaining money by deception.

It may not contravene board regulations, but it sure does break the law meh

Informing the buyers about delays would also be helpful. :juggle:

:applause: When I had a 5 day(2 weeks of illness total) all inclusive stay at the hospital I made sure one of the things I did before being admitted was inform the few boardies that were expecting books from me. All were understanding. Communication is key.

If nothing else, ban him from the Comics Market - Forum Only Selling Area altogether.

But you are forgetting, he operates with immunity... or at least you would think from this

Try to ban me from posting. Try.

We can't ban butter from corn on the cob let alone a board member. I won't buy from him and I won't sell to him. Sorry Conner.

Informing the buyers about delays would also be helpful. :juggle:

:applause: When I had a 5 day(2 weeks of illness total) all inclusive stay at the hospital I made sure one of the things I did before being admitted was inform the few boardies that were expecting books from me. All were understanding. Communication is key.

Not that Jason needs any accolades from me or anyone else, but I can confirm what he says. I was one of those people expecting books from him and he PM'd me saying he was ill and would probably spend a couple of days at the hospital. When he recovered, he PM'd me again and we finished the deal. (thumbs u

And guess what? Both of his emails started with a polite apology and he clearly explained the reason for the delay. (A delay which, to be honest, was not much of one to begin with - we're only talking about a couple of days, here!)

And that's what it's all about: communication and common courtesy! Cap_Freak's behavior was totally unacceptable and completely unprofessional. Personally, I wouldn't buy a single thing from him, even if he gets out of the probation list :sumo:

(thumbs u

Life can throw any of us a curve ball at anytime but that's no reason not to act honorably. Many of us here on the boards have problems, some more than others, yet most of the board members here are top notch. If you sell books in the marketplace offer the same service you yourself expect to receive. :sumo:

Wo's Cap_Freak (shrug)

doh! Some kid, he's causing a ruckus here with his poor practices of selling and buying in the market threads.

Lots of interesting reading here within the last two days or so.

Edited by Boboset

Here's where I get to take some flak...

Aside from him masking in his name calling, Connor hasn't actually broken any board guidelines... yet. AND I'd like to make sure that the distinction between community guidelines and board guidelines is clear as he certainly knowingly violated the rules of the community, but I'm not seeing where he's done anything to get banned just yet.

There has already been a banning where no real rules were broken. CGC has banned for ethical issues in the past that have caused major disturbances on the board...

Wo's Cap_Freak (shrug)

doh! Some kid, he's causing a ruckus here with his poor practices of selling and buying in the market threads.

Lots of interesting reading here within the last two days or so.

I saw the number of posts there were here since my last visit, got up and fixed myself a little dinner, and brought the plate back "here" and read while I ate...

lol

-slym

Aside from him masking in his name calling, Connor hasn't actually broken any board guidelines... yet. AND I'd like to make sure that the distinction between community guidelines and board guidelines is clear as he certainly knowingly violated the rules of the community, but I'm not seeing where he's done anything to get banned just yet.

There has already been a banning where no real rules were broken. CGC has banned for ethical issues in the past that have caused major disturbances on the board...

I think I Red something about that.

They wouldn't let the guy off the Hook. hm

What the heck?

This was posted in my selling thread...

"Just, . . . wow."

(Im)Pressed to a CGC NM+ 10.0 Gem Mint Pristine Mint Warehouse Find Low Print Run

Archival Museum University College Archives File Copy Publishers Legal

TOP HIGHEST SENSES

Gobs of Dough. Bread. Manna. Female Breasts.

He made the same post in a bunch of other threads.

This guy needs the ban hammer... :mad:

I was wondering what the heck was going on as well when I saw that posting. Figured there was some inside joke between you all.

hm

I just saw Arch's post in the Mod area where he banned HELLO.

"Hello...Goodbye" Man, they have to laugh sometimes themselves at this stuff.

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of DeeDee. Don't really remember terrible posting but due to the uproar that her and D&S caused it was decided that neither should no longer post here.

Edited by Mephisto

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of DeeDee. Don't really remember terrible posting but due to the uproar that her and D&S caused it was decided that other should no longer post here.

Forgot about that. Yes. Well deserved. :applause: