• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

We talked about this before, but I was looking over a certain thread with "freebees" at the end. I hadn't found anything left that I was interested in, so I was not in the mix for the free books, but I wanted some opinions on this.

I should also note that it is ultimately the seller's call, but again, this is just for opinions on "buyer etiquette" from the forum faithful.

How much is enough? In a thread with tons of buyers who can snag freebees, should a few people get all the books? At what point should these guys think "Hey, I've grabbed a pile of free comics, maybe I should give someone else a shot?", or is it perfectly fine for one person to get them all and leave the other buyers out in the cold?

(shrug)

Was wondering how my fellow sellers feel about an issue that's been bugging me for awhile. What's your opinion of posters who, in the midst of your sales threads, post requests for specific books and/or titles?

I find these posts disruptive. I've already picked out the books intended to be offered before starting the threads. It takes time to respond to these posts that would be better spent addressing requests, scanning and pricing additional offerings, and providing information via p.m. to serious customers interested in listed books, and it clutters up the thread and makes it harder for customers to find books.

Am I over-reacting?

A little. Sure, repeated requests from board members (especially ones that rarely reach into their pockets) is annoying but it is all part of business. What happens over time is that approach is taken with everyone that PM's about a book or someone looking for a discount. You tend to only be nice with those who have a history of Buying it at listed price.

In all honesty Bob, you have lost sales with me based on the wording of your reply.

Man,you gotta love it when a fellow boardee uses a BUBBLE ENVELOPE to ship a SLAB. Common freakin' sense should tell you that the SLAB will be broken on arrival.....OF COURSE IT IS! doh!

:censored: :censored: :censored: and :censored:

:cry::popcorn:

Man,you gotta love it when a fellow boardee uses a BUBBLE ENVELOPE to ship a SLAB. Common freakin' sense should tell you that the SLAB will be broken on arrival.....OF COURSE IT IS! doh!

Shawn, that is sad! Sorry it happened to you.

You'd think, with all the threads about just this sort of thing..... I mean, I haven't been here a few months and there is something like this happening or at least talked about once a week or so.

doh!

-slym

You'd think, with all the threads about just this sort of thing..... I mean, I haven't been here a few months and there is something like this happening or at least talked about once a week or so.

doh!

-slym

Exactly! (thumbs u

doh!

-slym

Exactly! (thumbs u

Well, at least they didn't mail it in NO envelope and a sticker on the outside of the clear case. That's a plus - I think. (shrug)

We talked about this before, but I was looking over a certain thread with "freebees" at the end. I hadn't found anything left that I was interested in, so I was not in the mix for the free books, but I wanted some opinions on this.

I should also note that it is ultimately the seller's call, but again, this is just for opinions on "buyer etiquette" from the forum faithful.

How much is enough? In a thread with tons of buyers who can snag freebees, should a few people get all the books? At what point should these guys think "Hey, I've grabbed a pile of free comics, maybe I should give someone else a shot?", or is it perfectly fine for one person to get them all and leave the other buyers out in the cold?

(shrug)

Interesting topic of conversation here. Honestly? When I see threads with the freebies for those who buy, I tend to steer clear once the freebies start arriving only because it means I'm going to have to wade through a TON of posts to try and find something for sale. I DO appreciate it when the sellers close the the sales portion down first before the freebie-mania begins so I can know to move on.

But, it IS on the individual to play politely but I have often seen this work out for the person with the fastest internet connection be the one to get first pick on the free comics. An easy solution would be for the seller to limit people to one freebie, but as you said, it's the seller's call.

Dude, if you wanted me to use more than just a bubble mailer and a manila envelope, maybe you should have paid moore than $15 for shipping!

Geez, the nerve of some people around here! :mad:

Complaining about my award-winning packaging...shoot...

(shrug)

I assume you are referring to my thread, so I will comment.

I asked people to not be hogs, and I think that was respected. I try to keep things simple when I give stuff away, because it's a lot of work just running the thread let along policing who gets what giveaways.

On the other hand, I have seen threads where someone snags almost all of the free stuff because they have a fast connection, and I feel that is pretty weak. This is especially true when the seller announces that freebies will follow the priced books, as some people buy in order to get a shot at the giveaways. That's one reason I only announce the freebies AFTER the sales thread is done. That generally cuts down on the people who only buy to get a shot at the giveaways, and cuts down on potential disappointment if someone doesn't end up with any.

I hope it doesn't turn into a finger pointing "It's your fault" situation...

yesandno.gif

Bubble wrap ? :pullhair: Good luck!

Well hopefully the sender will contact pitboss ASAP and make things right :sumo:

I've shipped hundreds of slabs this way and yours is the first to ever get damaged. Maybe your mailman is too rough with packages.

I've shipped hundreds of slabs this way and yours is the first to ever get damaged. Maybe your mailman is too rough with packages.

lol

True Dat!

Hey! Steal your own joke... :baiting:

See my humorous rantings below:

Dude, if you wanted me to use more than just a bubble mailer and a manila envelope, maybe you should have paid moore than $15 for shipping!

Geez, the nerve of some people around here! :mad:

Complaining about my award-winning packaging...shoot...

At least Josh uses bubble wrap, I just etch the address information directly into the slab :D