• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Who else monitors a seller's posting frequency? Nine minutes between sales posts? Someone didn't get his scans together in advance. 

I really need better things to do with my time.  

Nine minutes! That's an outrage!

2 minutes ago, Mr Sneeze said:

Nine minutes! That's an outrage!

I know...and dangerous for the seller too...in that nine minutes I could get seduced by the books in somebody else's thread! :whatthe:

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:54 AM, Point Five said:

Just a note that EC Phanatic started a thread in General, apologizing for the threadcrapping the other week.

Nice wieners!  (thumbsu

6 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:
On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 2:16 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I just died a little. Thanks for that.

I can't breath lollollol How the hell did that happen?good grief.

They are so handsome!!! :luhv: 

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a rating system similar to Ebay, Amazon, Abebooks, Biblio, etc. like Negative, Neutral, Positive or a scale of 1-5?  

We could do away with the useless Kudos threads since in my opinion they are useless, we could do away with the Probation and Hall of Shame Lists and all the consternation that often goes along with the nomination process plus the time and effort associated with each.

We could have a poll that each seller must set up as part of the requirements and it is linked in the sales thread just like type of payment, return policy, board exclusive, etc.  When a seller lapses on those, they get pointed out.  The poll would be ongoing with the results visible.  It takes less than a few minutes to set this up and a standard template could be copied and pasted. 

Buyers do not need to cast a vote but it is available.  No text feedback is even needed as some of those sites I mentioned just have a rating system.  

Since those on the PL and HOS can still sell as nothing prohibits them, buyers proceed at their own risk (I realize posters point out the seller is on a list but there is nothing that actually prevents them from selling unless CGC bans the account).

A rating system would allow buyers to move forward at their own risk and it would hopefully ease up on the turmoil over the nominations and effort.  

I assume the biggest drawback would be for the potential for someone to vote who hasn't transacted with the seller either in a negative or positive way and that may be enough to make this hair-brained idea even more ill-functional as it sounds.  Not sure if the poll starter can see who and how a vote is cast but that would help.

I did not post this in the PL/HOS discussion since it is not just specific to those rules.  My second rambling, early morning post of the day :tonofbricks:

While I like the idea, someone falsifying a rating would compromise any value of having a rating scale in the first place.  An advantage to the "turmoil and effort" is often a problem can be resolved through soliciting public(board) opinion and I've seen more instances of dispute related to weaknesses in communication from one or both parties more so than any outright chicanery.

Edited by steveinthecity
clarity

2 hours ago, steveinthecity said:

While I like the idea, someone falsifying a rating would compromise any value of having a rating scale in the first place.  An advantage to the "turmoil and effort" is often a problem can be resolved through soliciting public(board) opinion and I've seen more instances of dispute related to weaknesses in communication from one or both parties more so than any outright chicanery.

True and many of the nominations become must-read melodramas that I admit I am drawn to.   

30 minutes ago, Bird said:

I just want to let people know that after being out of work for almost 9 months due to quitting my job and not realizing how long the process takes in NJ to get your Psychology license that I got my license today and start my new job on Monday (signed the contract about 2 months ago and was waiting on license confirmation). So be forewarned, get the fugg out of my way if there is something I want to buy because cash is flowing again!!! I don't know if I should post :sumo: or :banana:.

the heck with it, I'll do them both!!!

:banana:

:sumo:

BIG time congrats and good luck with your new job! :headbang:

2 hours ago, Bird said:

I just want to let people know that after being out of work for almost 9 months due to quitting my job and not realizing how long the process takes in NJ to get your Psychology license that I got my license today and start my new job on Monday (signed the contract about 2 months ago and was waiting on license confirmation). So be forewarned, get the fugg out of my way if there is something I want to buy because cash is flowing again!!! I don't know if I should post :sumo: or :banana:.

Congrats.

Posting on these boards was just a warm up for the psychology field anyways.

On 7/25/2019 at 7:52 PM, Bird said:

Congrats!

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 9:33 PM, Park said:
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:52 PM, Bird said:

Congrats.

Posting on these boards was just a warm up for the psychology field anyways.

Abnormal psych?