• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

A few people were constantly abusing the use of them. That is probably the most contentious thread around with a few very distinct opinions and the most points given out I've ever seen. Someone decided laughing while on a time out was a great way of continuing to push their agenda and a few others followed. 

They were asked repeatedly to stop, but they did not. 

We asked for a software change, I guess this was the only option. I would have preferred another way.

Name names!

We want our laughs back!

Or, as suggested by Buzzetta and Greggy - if you troll whilst suspended - you get another month.

This really is too silly for words - a whole forum altered because some unknown people get upset about something - and then act out.

crazy.gif.8824777030157c36b9cc0fb461bc2161.gif

They have gotten 3 weeks off, that's when they troll more.

One of them wasn't even ON suspension (now he is) he just didn't want to come here and post anymore, so he posted emojis, which in my mind IS coming here...

:tonofbricks:

Don't shoot the messenger, lol. I wanted software changes.

16 minutes ago, greggy said:

The easiest way to deal with this issue was to ban them.

No get rid of the emoticons.

Like they can't troll with the other emoticons?

I'm going to do it with a random person soon just to prove a point. 

You I can deal with, so don't test me;) :foryou: You already spilled the secret to making you toe the line;)

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Are punitive membership fees an option?  Say first repeat offense garners a sentence of $9.95/month for 6 months.  All proceeds go to funding the annual boards’ pizza party.

I suggested credit cards years ago to avoid shills, didn't seem to go over well. I suppose it's more work.

How about one of the best Comic Book magicians shows up and magically changes the people posting the emojis so that they are happy and content? or in the alternative make it so you can't post emojis while on time outs?

21 minutes ago, greggy said:

The easiest way to deal with this issue was to ban them.

No get rid of the emoticons.

Like they can't troll with the other emoticons?

I'm going to do it with a random person soon just to prove a point. 

They shouldn't have let you back in after they banned you the first time. :baiting:

1 minute ago, skypinkblu said:

I suggested credit cards years ago to avoid shills, didn't seem to go over well. I suppose it's more work.

How about one of the best Comic Book magicians shows up and magically changes the people posting the emojis so that they are happy and content? or in the alternative make it so you can't post emojis while on time outs?

It certainly seems like an easy software tweak to me, and I was a programmer in a previous life.  But maybe the game has passed me by and my thinking is obsolete.  (shrug)

Just now, mattn792 said:

It certainly seems like an easy software tweak to me, and I was a programmer in a previous life.  But maybe the game has passed me by and my thinking is obsolete.  (shrug)

I dunno, I've never been a programmer...I have changed channels on tvs, that's about all the programming I can do.

2 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Looks like they have created more work Sharon, with the emoji feature. :whistle:

The Boards functioned pretty well before we had them, and at least there was no masked or veiled trolling which is harder to prove and more subject to interpretation in a lot of cases.

I like the emoji feature myself, but  it seems to be proving a headache to administer.

At least without them the trolling would be far more easier to pinpoint.

1 minute ago, G G ® ™ said:

Looks like they have created more work Sharon, with the emoji feature. :whistle:

The Boards functioned pretty well before we had them, and at least there was no masked or veiled trolling which is harder to prove and more subject to interpretation in a lot of cases.

I like the emoji feature myself, but  it seems to be proving a headache to administer.

At least without them the trolling would be far more easier to pinpoint.

I didn't like it at first, but I got used to it and started using it more often, not like Greg, but more often, it made things easy.. 

What would be best if some people realized that in a community, you don't act like you are the only one who matters.

Good night and stay safe:)

(See, smileys work, too;) like landlines;)