• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

It's amazing how we go from

WTTB! a week ago

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7578980&fpart=1461

to our current situation.

It is a small world after all.

and thread krapping is allowed in this situation because?

Which thread crapping? I can't get that link to work for me.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7597757&gonew=1#UNREAD

It's thread crapping if there is a possible smoking gun in the room and people are asking questions for clarity?

Did I just enter the twilight zone?

Yes, it is definitely weird how it went from being new on here and learning the ropes with really good intentions of making some connections and sales, to someone who dealt with my BROTHER a few years back and putting up a post and linking ME to their situation and ending up here now. It is very interesting and I think it is a good idea that Adam and I discuss this publicly. I would strongly encourage that and am 100% open to doing so if he is. Maybe that will clear a few things up.

But didn't you and your brother own a comic book store together (or at the very least work together) until the store went out of business around the same time that Adam's books allegedly went missing?

And didn't you tell me via PM that your brother works for (or at least with you) in your coin shop now?

It's not like you and your brother are estranged. (shrug)

So you buy and sell comics, your brother owned a comic shop and buys and sells comics, you still work together now but you know nothing about what Adam is talking about?

Again, nobody has accused you of anything. You are just getting your back up simply because people are asking questions for clarification.

No way, you are so far off. I closed my shop and got out of retail in 2006! I didn't even know Adam at that point. It wasn't until a couple of years later that my Brother opened a store himself, I had absolutely nothing to do with the store when Adam and him had their problems, Adam will attest to that. That was his gig. I was absolutely no part of his shop. I want to say it was some time in around 2008 or 9. I don't remember. I just opened my shop in November of last year and asked my Bro to work for me. By the way, my Bro is a good guy. I would never throw him under the bus. If he ever stole 30K in books from Adam, he sure never showed it. He supports his Fam from paycheck to paycheck ever since he got married 10 years ago and if he ever came into some 30K windfall, it sure didn't show!

OH: And I was baptized in 1972. I went on my first date when I was 14 late bloomer I know, anything else you would like to know about me for your "clarification"?

So short answer, NO I DID NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THEIR DEALINGS.. I WAS NOT PART OF THAT STORE. Ask Adam, he'll tell ya.

I have a brother and I love him a lot and always have but when I found out that he was extorting money from people, lying about his circumstances and in short stealing from people by taking advantage of their good nature.

After giving him an opportunity to clear his name and pay people back by offering to help him make an honest living for himself, he declined and I threw him under the bus, cut him off from the family and told all his friends, family and contacts not to feed his problem.

Adam is one of those guys where if I had a bag full of money I could leave it with him, come back 10 years later and it would still be there waiting for me untouched. Not too many people like that anymore.

I'm glad to hear that you don't have any involvement. (thumbs u

Yes, it is definitely weird how it went from being new on here and learning the ropes with really good intentions of making some connections and sales, to someone who dealt with my BROTHER a few years back and putting up a post and linking ME to their situation and ending up here now. It is very interesting and I think it is a good idea that Adam and I discuss this publicly. I would strongly encourage that and am 100% open to doing so if he is. Maybe that will clear a few things up.

You are new. It might be more prudent to join in and learn a bit about the forums, take part in the collecting piece before you try and make any sales, let people get to know you first.

The sales place is a very small part of these forums.

When you come here and it appears that you are ONLY interested in hard core selling, it could make people a bit wary, even without someone posting something about you or your partner's past.

Right now all we know is you came here to sell and you are aggressively pursuing the ability to sell.

Meanwhile, while you are attempting to learn the forum and become a member in good standing, perhaps you should invite your brother to answer these other questions, since you say you don't have the answers.

Frank, based on the last PM you sent me, I was prepared to let this go because I was under the impression that's what you wanted, and I'd already said what I wanted to say. if you would prefer to continue our discussion here I am 100% open to it.

I am glad you feel that way about Adam, :applause: I can see you are an advocate for the guy. I apologize that I don't share your enthusiasm for his character, specifically because he basically made accusations associating me with criminal activity by association and creating doubt and assumption of guilt in other peoples minds from his posting. As a result, I am being unfairly judged based on his comments. if you were me, you would be a little ticked too. Just sayin..

Like I understand that its friday and everything but Frank is obviously a shill for his brother.

I will not believe otherwise unless Frank posts a picture with a shoe over his head.

Edited by A$APJimmylinguini

Adam, as long as my character is in question, and is a direct result of what you and ONLY you said, yes, I will continue to defend myself. This is you, these forums, so you have a reputation on here. I have a reputation locally that is impeccable and I think you know that. I encourage you to give me an example of any local collector or dealer saying anything different. I also think it is fair to clear up that I was NOT part of my Brothers comic book shop when you and him were dealing. I know first hand that my Brother told you that I was not interested in being any part of the business. I also think it is unfair for you to cast doubt subliminally in peoples minds by saying "I HEARD, BUT.." Keep this about you and me. I was blindsided by your posting yesterday. I had no idea you even considered me associated with your problems.

I am glad you feel that way about Adam, :applause: I can see you are an advocate for the guy. I apologize that I don't share your enthusiasm for his character, specifically because he basically made accusations associating me with criminal activity by association and creating doubt and assumption of guilt in other peoples minds from his posting. As a result, I am being unfairly judged based on his comments. if you were me, you would be a little ticked too. Just sayin..

I'm sorry,but Adams reputation is not in question here.Now how about paying back that 30K. meh

Post a picture of yoursself with a shoe over you head so we know you're real
screw post counts, time limits for new sellers, Jimmy's suggestion should be the new criteria for new sellers to sell here.

Edited by jsilverjanet