• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Your like the energizer bunny. you just keep going and going. I met Adam, maybe 4 times in my life. I don't really KNOW the guy any better than I know you. I've known my Brother all my life and well, I honestly don't know who to believe but I do find it HARD to believe the allegations Adam is throwing into this are 100% the truth. No one really knows the truth besides Adam and Greg.. Like I said, let them figure out their mess. I want no part of it. I have about as much of a right being dragged into it as you do.

I'm not an energizer bunny because I like busting balls. Ask anybody, I'm the freaking forum hippie that loves almost everyone. lol

No, I'm doing this because this isn't a random internet community with a bunch of nobodies. This place is a tight knit community and many people here know each other personally, sometimes for a lifetime. Many people here meet each other at shows, hang out, talk on the phone, visit each others homes, etc.

I can tell you that I'd trust Adam before I'd trust my own brother...and you and I seem to have similar brothers. Interesting co-incidence I must say.

You have been untruthful from the start about how much you knew about all of this and you're being untruthful now. Feel free to keep digging and pretending you don't know.

I only stated what I heard. Just like Adam stated what he heard. Sheesh what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You initially stated that you knew nothing about your brothers dealings.

Adam said that you actually met with Adam to try to straighten your brother's dealings out.

You obviously lied to cover up the fact that you knew about your brother's dealings in an effort to sell books on here.

If you're untruthful about something like that (which is a pretty big thing in my opinion) what stops you from being untruthful about something small like ripping people off for a few $100?

Roy, I can sell on Ebay, locally, other comic forums or through my web site. I came on here because I heard great things about the selling forum. I sold the items on here that I had sold for probably significantly less than I would have if I put on Ebay so no, I am not covering anything up in an attempt to sell books here. I met Adam maybe 4 times in my life. Ask him, you guys are buddies, he'll tell you. One of those times was to help mediate those guys problems. The other 2 times was 1. when he bought a spiderman collection from me, 2. when we bought a small collection together and I think that actually might be it. 3 times unless I am forgetting something. Each time I met the guy was probably no longer 30 mins. Is this really relevant?

I've been following this thread and certainly have my hesitations, but threadcrapping is threadcrapping. Caveat emptor, buyers should be doing due diligence. I think the comments in Frank's sales thread are out of line.

The guy was untruthful, his brother is a thief, they have been in business together for many years and you think telling people this is thread crapping?

I'll chalk it up to you being relatively new here (I don't mean that in an offensive way) and I am totally against thread crapping myself but since the forums are left to community members to self police there is no other way to do it than to post in the sales thread.

Would you prefer that nobody mentioned anything? doh!

I only stated what I heard. Just like Adam stated what he heard. Sheesh what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

You know what type of person your brother is. You've spent a life with him and probably know him as well as anyone. Please don't expect us to believe you don't have a very good idea of his character and his problems from the past - it's not credible.

Distancing yourself from his reputation, repeating his lies about Adam - you have a serious credibility problem here because Adam has a stellar reputation and has bought and sold thousands of books here without a problem, pretending to have zero knowledge of your brother's poor character, and currently employing him in your store makes you a bad bet.

And yes, I might be a POS also.

You are literally dissecting every single word I say and trying to find little loopholes in my story when in fact it has never changed. Your assumption of me being untruthful holds no merit aside from your impression of my personal family relationship in which you don't even know me. At this point, I am only responding to make sure that my side of the story is told if it gets brought up and my rep comes into question.

Roy, I can sell on Ebay, locally, other comic forums or through my web site. I came on here because I heard great things about the selling forum. I sold the items on here that I had sold for probably significantly less than I would have if I put on Ebay so no, I am not covering anything up in an attempt to sell books here. I met Adam maybe 4 times in my life. Ask him, you guys are buddies, he'll tell you. One of those times was to help mediate those guys problems. The other 2 times was 1. when he bought a spiderman collection from me, 2. when we bought a small collection together and I think that actually might be it. 3 times unless I am forgetting something. Each time I met the guy was probably no longer 30 mins. Is this really relevant?

It is relevant because you initially said that you knew nothing about your brother's dealings which is untrue.

You think I want to spend a Saturday afternoon with a gorgeous day out sitting here and arguing with someone on the internet? lol

OK, with 60K posts maybe I do.

What makes this place awesome is that unlike eBay or other forums people make an effort to keep the dirt out.

People can choose who they want to deal with themselves but at least both sides of the story are out there so that they can make up their minds.

That's how this place works and why it works.

I've been following this thread and certainly have my hesitations, but threadcrapping is threadcrapping. Caveat emptor, buyers should be doing due diligence. I think the comments in Frank's sales thread are out of line.

The guy was untruthful, his brother is a thief, they have been in business together for many years and you think telling people this is thread crapping?

I'll chalk it up to you being relatively new here (I don't mean that in an offensive way) and I am totally against thread crapping myself but since the forums are left to community members to self police there is no other way to do it than to post in the sales thread.

Roy, I greatly respect Adam but he did Thread . He should have posted his discussion in here with a link to F. Palma's listing. I think that would have been the better way to go with it.

Roy's a trouble maker :makepoint:

lol

You have no idea how many people are reading this, how many people know each other (really well) and how deep of a hole you are digging here. Seriously.

I have plenty of people who dislike me immensely as everyone does but even they are siding with me on this one. Think about that.

At this point about the only thing that would clear you completely would be helping Adam get either his books or his money back. Anything short of that is really just hot air at this point. That's just my opinion of course but there it is.

Go outside. Seriously, get some fresh air. Take a deep breath. You did your job, you did it well.. You are welcome to post anything you want in any of my sales threads. No worries, it doesn't seem to deter ppl from buying and I appreciate your passion for this stuff.. you might be a little bit of a drama seeker, just a guess (tsk) but I do appreciate your passion for this stuff..

Roy, I greatly respect Adam but he did Thread . He should have posted his discussion in here with a link to F. Palma's listing. I think that would have been the better way to go with it.

I'll disagree with you on that one.

I was literally on the phone with Adam the day he was rushing around trying to find his $30,000 worth of stolen books. Imagine how you'd feel. I'd just forgotten about it until we fleshed all the facts out in these discussions.

Doing the right thing and making the general public aware trumps political correctness in a sales thread (which is a privilege, not a right) and when there is dishonesty involved it's better to let the community know than to keep a sales thread clean.

Again, just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Go outside. Seriously, get some fresh air. Take a deep breath. You did your job, you did it well.. You are welcome to post anything you want in any of my sales threads. No worries, it doesn't seem to deter ppl from buying and I appreciate your passion for this stuff.. you might be a little bit of a drama seeker, just a guess (tsk) but I do appreciate your passion for this stuff..

I've said my part. (thumbs u

Roy's not a drama seeker. Notice that this thread has over 600k views. Buyers here know to look in this thread as one means of vetting potential purchases. Roy's right, and he and the other veteran members know far better than I that the members work to keep the boards clean. If a red flag goes up, they will pursue matters doggedly. Go back 50 or 100 pages and follow some other conversation. You'll see that this is par for the course. Working to maintain a tightknit, reputable community among the morass of the internet at large takes people who care and people who are active. Roy's not looking to pick a fight. He's looking out for the integrity of a community in which he believes.

A post that didn't seem to get much attention was skypinkblu's. As she said, this forum is more than the selling boards. Members look to become part of the community across the different boards that interest them. Buying and selling is part of the community, and when folks seem to take an interest in the community simply as a financial tool, that can rankle some folks.

While I can understand your agitation with Roy, Mr. Palma, you should consider not only his standing on the boards, but the community that's built up here over time through the work of numerous people. You've shown a fair amount of diplomacy for the most part, but stepping back to see the situation from the community's point of view may do the situation some good.

Edited by DavidTheDavid

AHHHHHHH, the truth comes out, so you guys are a little tighter than you lead on, hmmmmm. A little bully gang thing goin on here.. Making sense now Roy. Helping Adam get his books back though, WTF? I have never even seen the guys books, not back then, not now. I wouldn't even know what books he is saying were taken and helping him, ummm, I don't think so. I believe that he owes me an apology actually for bringing me into this whole thing. I stand firm on that. Digging a hole? What is this the comic book bully club? :(

AHHHHHHH, the truth comes out, so you guys are a little tighter than you lead on, hmmmmm. A little bully gang thing goin on here.. Making sense now Roy. Helping Adam get his books back though, WTF? I have never even seen the guys books, not back then, not now. I wouldn't even know what books he is saying were taken and helping him, ummm, I don't think so. I believe that he owes me an apology actually for bringing me into this whole thing. I stand firm on that. Digging a hole? What is this the comic book bully club? :(

Here we go!! It's time to throw out the bully accusations! :banana: