• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Adam: When Greg first stole from me I met Frank at a restaraunt at which point he told me Greg had gotten into similar trouble before. Our conversation got cut short because I received a phone call that Greg was back outside his store selling comics and I left to head down there. Frank told me I should not go to the store by myself because he was worried about his brother's temper, and he offered to mediate the situation before it escalated. Now Frank is claiming he knows and knew nothing.

Frank: Helping Adam get his books back though, WTF? I have never even seen the guys books, not back then, not now. I wouldn't even know what books he is saying were taken and helping him, ummm, I don't think so.

I have no dog in this fight. But if I had had a conversation with someone during which that person told me my brother had stolen $30,000 worth of comics from him, I would remember that conversation vividly, even five years later.

AHHHHHHH, the truth comes out, so you guys are a little tighter than you lead on, hmmmmm. A little bully gang thing goin on here.. Making sense now Roy. Helping Adam get his books back though, WTF? I have never even seen the guys books, not back then, not now. I wouldn't even know what books he is saying were taken and helping him, ummm, I don't think so. I believe that he owes me an apology actually for bringing me into this whole thing. I stand firm on that. Digging a hole? What is this the comic book bully club? :(

If you have no idea what books they were, are you concerned at all that you may be in possession of some of them? Your brother works for you, does he sell any of his stuff at your place? I know you want to say you have nothing to do with your brother's dealings but if he is working with you, pleading ignorance really doesn't work. Just remember, like it or not you are judged by the company you keep.

No way. Almost. all my books were stored since about 06. Literally sold the first handful of books from my collection, rt here over the past week or so. The last time I actually sold

Anything was a successful deal w/ Adam several years ago. He bought my amazing spiderman run. Haven't added anything to the collection since so no I definitely am not in possession of any of his books.. My brother has no comics. He doesn't sell any at my shop. It's not a comic book Store although I have been advertising for them, none have come in yet. If u ARE ignorant, playing ignorance is all u got. Wish I could lie and offer more but id be making up stories. I know it would be more interesting if I did. Short answer is no. I'm not worried at all about owning any of those books. I wish I did though, I'd gladly give them to Adam if I knew they were stolen. And if I would have purchased any books from my brother I would invite adam over to go through them and if any were his, I wouldn't question it. He'd be walking out of my house with them. I never bought any books from my brother so that is not even a possobility.

Roy, I am Actually going to do my best to get Adam and my bro to sit down and try to work out whatever they can. I think my brother will make things rt. I'm not Doing this to clear my name. As you suggested, rather doing this because from the things that Adam has told me, and putting the pieces together of what I am learning and what I know, I think it's the rt thing to do. Hopefully they can work this out, I'm confident that' this is still a situation that can have a happy ending...

Edited by F. Palma

No way. Almost. all my books were stored since about 06. Literally sold the first handful of books from my collection, rt here over the past week or so. The last time I actually sold

Anything was a successful deal w/ Adam several years ago. He bought my amazing spiderman run. Haven't added anything to the collection since so no I definitely am not in possession of any of his books.. My brother has no comics. He doesn't sell any at my shop. It's not a comic book Store although I have been advertising for them, none have come in yet. If u ARE ignorant, playing ignorance is all u got. Wish I could lie and offer more but id be making up stories. I know it would be more interesting if I did. Short answer is no. I'm not worried at all about owning any of those books. I wish I did though, I'd gladly give them to Adam if I knew they were stolen. And if I would have purchased any books from my brother I would invite adam over to go through them and if any were his, I wouldn't question it. He'd be walking out of my house with them. I never bought any books from my brother so that is not even a possobility.

Fair enough, thanks for the response.

Got stuck at an all day volleyball tournament today, and I have the feeling I missed something.

Did I?

Or was it calm and quiet around these parts?

Got stuck at an all day volleyball tournament today, and I have the feeling I missed something.

Did I?

Nothing too out of the ordinary. lol

Did I?

Nothing too out of the ordinary. lol

You know, the usual Friday stuff...that keeps going into Saturday...and if anyone else has a strong opinion about it, might have an appearance in the wee hours of Sunday too.

I was actually thinking that last night. That the Friday thread was right on track but too late for the East Coasters to see it. lol

I was actually thinking that last night. That the Friday thread was right on track but too late for the East Coasters to see it. lol

If it wasn't for so many douchesacks that come here,all we would have to talk about is pressing. lol

I dont come into this thread that often, but I'm going to make it a habit of stopping in here more!!!

I just want to express how much I like checking out this forum every single day, Its bookmarked in my phone and I do check this all the time.

I just want to add my two cents into this whole conversation.

I understand what some boardies do when they try and warn other boardies of a possible scam or with a seller that had a bad dealing with in the past, I do not consider that thread crapping at all. I know in the past Justin HarveySwick received a strike for doing so and I feel he was right in making others informed of what was going on. Mostly everyone on this forum knows what a scam looks like!! A new boardie comes along with 1-10 post count posting a key book in the sales threads for about 50% fair market value, everyone knows this screams SCAM just like it would on ebay, craigslist or your neighborhood for sales ads, but the thing that kills me is that boardies keep commenting and bumping the thread to the front page with 200 comments ( just let it die ).

But at the same time, I'm sorry that I'm 31 years old and found this forum about almost 2 years ago, and not at this site's inception like others did, can you hold that against someone? If you go back and check the *Class of ....* whatever year thread you will see a great number of great contributing boardies started the same year as I did, I do not comment/post as much as some do but I think in my opinion I'm a good forum board member. I understand the old timers will look at this post and maybe say noob, but I think I did a good job in contributing, and I handle my sales threads accordingly and the people I sell my books to are happy.

My point is, don't hate on the new comers, people like that are going to keep this forum alive. If not it will die off, time will tell if someone is a scammer just for the sales forums on this site.

There might be legit honest people that hear about this site and come here to particapte and might want to buy and sell some books at some time, you cant hold that against them. BUT we all know what a scam looks like!!!! There are so many options out there to protect boardies from scammers ( I know some boardies take these, just to make out on a deal) dont get sucked into them. But please dont hold being new as being a bad person

Im sorry for the rant just my opinion as of late with this site. oldies blaming newbies, for all the problems. I wish I was older ( so I could have collected older books when I was young for cheap) and I wish I would have known about this site when I was 20 because I would have been a old wiseman then just like everyone else!

Jim, I didn't receive a strike for doing that. I got a wrist slap for calling solarcadet a with a space between the "i" and the "c". ;)

I thought you got the slap for starting the NOOB guide and encouraging new people to join and stay?

;)

let's keep the thread title "GENERAL DISCUSSION - keep the other threads clean" everyone before Sharon stops by

I don't think people look at the Noob Guide anyway! There's a new thread asking how to upload a photo or questions about pressing every other week! doh!

:gossip: I got a wrist slap for the hula girl too! :eek:

What is pressing?

I don't think people look at the Noob Guide anyway! There's a new thread asking how to upload a photo or questions about pressing every other week! doh!

What is pressing?

gifstache.com_2269_1350072004.gif

What is pressing?

gifstache.com_2269_1350072004.gif

hm I still don't understand. Perhaps, I never will.