• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I'm really curious who's going to buy those books in that thread.

:popcorn:

Looks like the "cool books" crowd is making the gutsy move of conducting all their business via PM. Nice.

Yes. Any sales, if any, will be via the PM route.

Dan

AHHHHHHH, the truth comes out, so you guys are a little tighter than you lead on, hmmmmm. A little bully gang thing goin on here.. Making sense now Roy. Helping Adam get his books back though, WTF? I have never even seen the guys books, not back then, not now. I wouldn't even know what books he is saying were taken and helping him, ummm, I don't think so. I believe that he owes me an apology actually for bringing me into this whole thing. I stand firm on that. Digging a hole? What is this the comic book bully club? :(

And so much for a sense of diplomacy.

Not my fight, though. Just my decision whether to accept a buyer or not.

RE: Davidthedavids posting: that single post makes more sense, is best written and gets the point across far better than any other postings that were geared toward me. I appreciate what you wrote and I agree with what you wrote and I respect the tightness of this community. I would have loved to sit back and become a part of this forum and community, and I felt as though it would have been a great place to network, build relationships and sell/buy but as long as things are being thrown at me with derogatory remarks, accusations and assumptions from whom I have to assume myself as a self policing biased board member, I have to respond and say my own peace. Yes, I have tried to be diplomatic, though difficult at times.

What I can't figure out is you here for a WEEK, and you figured out how to post sales threads (the first day)

and you not only found this thread, you changed the heading of the topic of this thread.

Were you here before?

BTW, PLEASE stop changing the topic, this is a community thread, not your private one..

I would have loved to sit back and become a part of this forum and community, and I felt as though it would have been a great place to network, build relationships and sell /buy but as long as things are being thrown at me with derogatory remarks, accusations and assumptions from whom I have to assume myself as a self policing biased board member, I have to respond and say my own peace.

;)

What I can't figure out is you here for a WEEK, and you figured out how to post sales threads (the first day)

and you not only found this thread, you changed the heading of the topic of this thread.

Were you here before?

BTW, PLEASE stop changing the topic, this is a community thread, not your private one..

Anyone accustomed to using a forum should be able to do those things. :shrug:

If I am changing the topic, I am doing it inadvertently. I am sorry about that. I am just clicking the REPLY to the specific person I am trying to reply to. Sorry about that, just trying to reply specifically. I was never on here no. I have a ton of experience with Ebay and selling so if my sales stuff comes across as though I know what I am doing and how to sell, it is because I have had a lot of experience doing so. That's it. And yes, the only offers I have received were via PM on todays books, obviously. Do you think that someone will post a "I'LL TAKE IT" after the threadcrapping thing?

If I am changing the topic, I am doing it inadvertently. I am sorry about that. I am just clicking the REPLY to the specific person I am trying to reply to. Sorry about that, just trying to reply specifically. I was never on here no. I have a ton of experience with Ebay and selling so if my sales stuff comes across as though I know what I am doing and how to sell, it is because I have had a lot of experience doing so. That's it. And yes, the only offers I have received were via PM on todays books, obviously. Do you think that someone will post a "I'LL TAKE IT" after the threadcrapping thing?

You typed in a title that changed the title of the thread, I've just been trying to get you to type in the correct title when you reply, so that it's consistent.

Some of us have these sent to us in emails, it gets CONFUSING.

As for the Take it's, I said it before, and I'll say it again, maybe you will understand it if I say it another way....you came here like gangbusters.

It APPEARED because of your rather aggressive responses, that you came with ONE agenda, to sell.

There were some accusations, I suggested you spend some time here and join the community and THEN see about selling.

I came here from eBay as well. I was asked to come by a few people, I had what was considered quite a bit of feedback...but it was suggested that I not sell anything until people got to know me.

I don't sell books for a living, so I didn't need to have early sales threads. I waited quite a while and met a lot of nice people.

I'm suggesting, especially since there has been some question about your background, you hang out, join in and show people that you are here with a purpose other than to just dump some "cool books" and save on eBay fees.

Get to know people for a few months, then worry about "take its".

AHHHHHHH, the truth comes out, so you guys are a little tighter than you lead on, hmmmmm. A little bully gang thing goin on here.. Making sense now Roy. Helping Adam get his books back though, WTF? I have never even seen the guys books, not back then, not now. I wouldn't even know what books he is saying were taken and helping him, ummm, I don't think so. I believe that he owes me an apology actually for bringing me into this whole thing. I stand firm on that. Digging a hole? What is this the comic book bully club? :(

My man, you were in no way mislead. From the very start I let you know that Adam was held in high regard around here. Maybe people should wear stickers on their foreheads to help you navigate your story better?

Apology? WTF? You don't tell the truth but someone else should apologize? lol

You can bury the truth all you want with spin but the fact is that you lied about what you knew about your brother. That one lie is enough to show people that you are not truthful.

You play a decent 'nice guy' routine but for all anyone knows it could just be another lie. Who besides the good Lord will ever know?

Roy, my man, I am not playing any routine, I am a nice guy. :) I am and have been this same way in personality since I started in business several years ago. This is me pal. Nice, respectful, defensive, fair, standing my ground, absolutely.. Liar, no. if I know more than I do, I would say it and defend my actions or admit the faults! One or the other.

Roy, man I gotta tell ya. You are honestly something. Prolly a great guy in many ways and I so appreciate how important this is to you. Who am I to try to discredit you in any way. your correct in all of your comments and postings about this community, what it stands for and your definiteions of truth and fact are great but if you sit here and try to tell me I am lying about something when I am not, I have to stand my ground, sorry man. When I got on here someone asked who I was and I put it all out there for everyone to see. My name, Ebay id, phone number, what I do etc.. Even my user name has my last name in it. If I was afraid of or if I was trying to hide something, I wouldn't have done that. Adams comments blindsided me. I actually PM'd Adam that day and said after that comment, I will not do business with you and he said "really? you thought I would with you?" and I said yes, I had no clue he associated me with this.. I guess I was naïve. That should shed a little light on things..

RE: Skypinkbu, good idea, I will have to see if I feel as though this is a good place for me. I am sure will be no skin of anyones back should I choose to not stay :)

I've been following this thread and certainly have my hesitations, but threadcrapping is threadcrapping. Caveat emptor, buyers should be doing due diligence. I think the comments in Frank's sales thread are out of line.

The guy was untruthful, his brother is a thief, they have been in business together for many years and you think telling people this is thread crapping?

I'll chalk it up to you being relatively new here (I don't mean that in an offensive way) and I am totally against thread crapping myself but since the forums are left to community members to self police there is no other way to do it than to post in the sales thread.

Would you prefer that nobody mentioned anything? doh!

Roy, I greatly respect Adam but he did Thread . He should have posted his discussion in here with a link to F. Palma's listing. I think that would have been the better way to go with it.

I'll disagree with you on that one.

I was literally on the phone with Adam the day he was rushing around trying to find his $30,000 worth of stolen books. Imagine how you'd feel. I'd just forgotten about it until we fleshed all the facts out in these discussions.

Doing the right thing and making the general public aware trumps political correctness in a sales thread (which is a privilege, not a right) and when there is dishonesty involved it's better to let the community know than to keep a sales thread clean.

Again, just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

Roy. I wholeheartedly respect you and your opinion. I feel awful that Adam (who I had the pleasure of meeting his family at NYCC and who I hold in the highest regard) was swindled out of $30,000. As a NYS attorney I would gladly handle the case for him if he wishes to sue, pro bono, however I believe the SoL has run on this if it was in 2009. But as an attorney I also believe bad facts make bad law. Adam did thread (he posted something in a sales thread that derailed the thread) yes he 1000% did it for good reasons. But I do think he should be punished in the same way that thread crappers do by the mods. It hurts to do that because we are almost (basically everyone except F.Palma) agreeing that this situation is messed up and its a really good thing that Adam got the info out there. I just think he shouldn't have thread crapped. I totally understand that you are going to disagree with me, just my feelings :foryou:

Jay, I love you bud. :foryou: But I disagree. How is the community supposed to self-police sales threads if members don't warn others about potential thieves? (shrug) Not everyone reads this thread. A lot of new members may not know anything about a new seller or see any warning if it was only posted here. I think the mods take thread krapping TOO seriously. If you're simply warning the community about a potential crook or HOS member ( ;) ) the community IS policing itself as it is supposed to do.

I don't think Adam did anything wrong by warning the community about a new member who could potentially steal from potential buyers. 2c

F. Palma

Why would you enter a group of people who watch out for each other like family and argue about your crooked brother?

You cant win this

Go about your business selling comic books build up some sold good feedback and EARN your respect

It isn't that hard to be nice

:)

You play a decent 'nice guy' FDQ injured victim routine but for all anyone knows it could just be another lie. Who besides the good Lord will ever know?

Fixed.

Reading these responses, "nice guy" isn't the first thing jumping to my mind.

Roy, my man, I am not playing any routine, I am a nice guy. :) I am and have been this same way in personality since I started in business several years ago. This is me pal. Nice, respectful, defensive, fair, standing my ground, absolutely.. Liar, no. if I know more than I do, I would say it and defend my actions or admit the faults! One or the other.

Roy, man I gotta tell ya. You are honestly something. Prolly a great guy in many ways and I so appreciate how important this is to you. Who am I to try to discredit you in any way. your correct in all of your comments and postings about this community, what it stands for and your definiteions of truth and fact are great but if you sit here and try to tell me I am lying about something when I am not, I have to stand my ground, sorry man. When I got on here someone asked who I was and I put it all out there for everyone to see. My name, Ebay id, phone number, what I do etc.. Even my user name has my last name in it. If I was afraid of or if I was trying to hide something, I wouldn't have done that. Adams comments blindsided me. I actually PM'd Adam that day and said after that comment, I will not do business with you and he said "really? you thought I would with you?" and I said yes, I had no clue he associated me with this.. I guess I was naïve. That should shed a little light on things..

RE: Skypinkbu, good idea, I will have to see if I feel as though this is a good place for me. I am sure will be no skin of anyones back should I choose to not stay :)

You guys just need to have a royal rumble then squash it right aftter. Those powerbombs do hurt a little tho..

Edited by DEATHLOK9147