• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I think you take these things too personal. :( Sometimes whether it is a sales thread, PIF or the TGT, it is all about the right person seeing the item at the right time. You had some cool items, no doubt. There is nothing wrong with your prices, but they are about the same or a few dollars more than listings on ebay. Some that sell on the boards try to beat ebay prices when possible since there is no fees here. Hope that helps...

Definitely not taking it personally and sorry to make it sound that way just trying to figure this whole sells thing out I bought a couple of collection and want to sell off the stuff I don't want from those and a few thing from my collection. I paid more for the books than most people would have so I don't have as much room to sell super cheap, just looking to recoup some of the cost.. Looking more for pointer than anything.

pointers:

start a thread.

put the rules/intro in the first post.

make each of your next posts in the thread have one item/lot per post.

include any images for that item in that post.

list a price and a condition for that item/lot.

lower grade copies typically sell better in reader lots, especially when you have sequential numbers.

the members here often attend plenty of conventions. think about how you are competing with those other sellers. If you're books are $1 bin books, then remember that's what you're competing against, and you also have to consider that shipping costs and delivery waits are to be considered.

No one's going to buy a $1 comic, with $3 shipping ($4 total and a week wait) when they could grab it just about anywhere locally.

So since my sells thread seem to be going no where should I just bypass the board all together and sell at other venues? Don't seem to know what the trick is to selling here unless you give stuff away, literally. Rant over. Please feel free two tell me if you think my prices are out of wack.

You sold a couple things and are overpriced on a couple others. Not sure what you're ranting about. It ALWAYS comes down to price.

I think as Sean stated, it is a bit confusing. The images are different sizes, larger images in spoiler tags, you have the title and descriptions above the image and price below the image - it's like putting a puzzle together trying to figure out just what you're selling and for how much! :D

Maybe in the future, use clickable thumbnails so the images are all the same size and layout and people can click to zoom in and get detail. Also list the books and prices all together either at the top of the image or bottom of the image. (thumbs u

Can someone explain to me what this OP posted rant is about?

Is he complaining that he listed his Amazing Man #22 based on the price guide and is pissed at himself (and Overstreet) cause it apparently is one of those "Overstreet lists it for $A, but it actually sells for 3-5xA" books...

am I reading it right?

Overstreet had GD listed at$200.

His books is missing the centerfold and the staples, so it's gotta grade out at less than good right?

love that the OP is derailing HIS OWN thread...

He cares about the subject but yes… it’s quite a self-derailment.

I am guilty because I replied… :sorry:

at least your answer could potentially settle him down (the fact that Overstreet is inaccurate in both directions sometimes high, sometimes low vs market)...

Can someone explain to me what this OP posted rant is about?

Is he complaining that he listed his Amazing Man #22 based on the price guide and is pissed at himself (and Overstreet) cause it apparently is one of those "Overstreet lists it for $A, but it actually sells for 3-5xA" books...

am I reading it right?

Overstreet had GD listed at$200.

His books is missing the centerfold and the staples, so it's gotta grade out at less than good right?

He actually thinks Overstreet is listing low prices for some GA books so his friends can buy them cheaply? :screwy:

Also he does realize that a no centerfold/no staples book is incomplete right? That book comes back NG from CGC (right? since it's just a pile of wraps) So Overstreet doesn't even have a price for the book even if the book is selling at x multiples of guide.

Here's the thing about the guide. It's based off of reports from sales from dealers. Dealers may not always be interested in getting the biggest possible bang for their buck, they instead be more interested in turning out inventory. So a dealer may be more interested in burning out a AM #22 for $200 in Good to get it out fast rather than holding it, grading it, and having to pay multiple workers to take it down and show it to someone to then go "wow that is $1,000? I never heard of that book". One of the things that bothers me is that OSPG does not take HA/CC/CL sales into account when compiling prices (at least as far as I know, if an advisor or someone knows more than me, please correct me.)

Also I never understood the mentality that OSPG is a bible. It's a guide. It's right in the name. You use it as a tool to price books but the market moves MUCH faster than guide. Anyone wanna list a NM 98 or a FF 52 at guide? Heck, at double guide? Why do people still feel that it is the bible after all these years?

Also I never understood the mentality that OSPG is a bible. It's a guide. It's right in the name. You use it as a tool to price books but the market moves MUCH faster than guide. Anyone wanna list a NM 98 or a FF 52 at guide? Heck, at double guide? Why do people still feel that it is the bible after all these years?

It’s not just that it "moves faster": it moves, and it’s enough, because the Guide, as accurate as it can be, could never follow the insanity of current movie speculation (for example) as it was unable to follow the insanity of early 1990s "speculation".

I recall I bought two copies of New Mutants #87 when it came out and sold one for about $40 a few weeks later. In Italy. Go figure… lol

An annual guide needs to be cautious and in today's market can really only be considered a guide. I like that sales thread. Be happy with your sales price and lose the idea of trying to get the most. Silliness.

In the vain of shadow image above could anyone help to clue me in on what I might be doing wrong in my sales thread? I have a hulk 340 9.4 selling for 5$ less than any on eBay plus I am offering free ship[ping. Technically if another savvy boardie wanted they could buy my book and flip it for a small profit. It is a pretty concise listing with the title , price and grade in bold at the top. At the bottom I give the cert.# and I state money back satisfaction guaranteed. Is there just no demand for this book right now? I did the same with a Punisher #1 a month or so ago and had no luck. Are these copper books of no interest right now?, because I am offering some good deals.

In the vain of shadow image above could anyone help to clue me in on what I might be doing wrong in my sales thread? I have a hulk 340 9.4 selling for 5$ less than any on eBay plus I am offering free ship[ping. Technically if another savvy boardie wanted they could buy my book and flip it for a small profit. It is a pretty concise listing with the title , price and grade in bold at the top. At the bottom I give the cert.# and I state money back satisfaction guaranteed. Is there just no demand for this book right now? I did the same with a Punisher #1 a month or so ago and had no luck. Are these copper books of no interest right now?, because I am offering some good deals.

We like GREAT Deals.

Lets not forget that as many buyers as there are on these forums, it is still a small number compared to big venues such as Ebay. As someone said earlier, unless the book is smoking hot, it better be a very good price if you want it to move quickly. That or as always, the right person comes along at the right time.