• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So, if someone throws up the :takeit: in my sales thread, after a week or so still hasn't paid, with poor communication and multiple missed promises to "pay tomorrow," then comes back to me saying someone else will be paying and he'd like me to ship to that other person's address, would that be grounds enough to cancel the deal? It'd make me feel pretty sketchy.

It seems like the buyer was stringing to along to buy time for him to sell to a third party. :popcorn:

only way I do that deal is if he accepts a ZERO return policy under any conditions.

you give him a tracking number and you're done. if it gets lost, not your problem, his problem, if it's not as the final buyer expects, not your problem, his problem.

if he doesnt accept that condition you say no deal. Say you cant guarentee that he'll be a happy customer (since the book isnt going to him) so you arent comfortable with the new sales terms the mid-buyer has placed.

if he is happy to have it paid for by him, and shipped to him (the mid-buyer, not the final flipee) then you'll do the sale. Otherwise it's accept the no condition no return policy

:preach: :preach: :preach: :preach: :preach:

Back when I first started coming to these boards regularly the sales threads were full of raw books for sale way below ebay prices (usually 30-50%). The sellers were basically looking to unload books for a little bit of money without hassling with ebay fees. The majority of sellers were selling ONLY here.

In the many years since then, the population has shifted to sellers that do both, they sell here and on ebay, but offer a lower price here than they do on ebay. So while yes you can still get good deals here in comparison to ebay, the days of buying with meat on the bone are pretty much gone. Occasionally you can buy in bulk from someone that has like 100+ books to sell that will get you a good deal because you save them sweat equity. I can't remember the last time I had a successful WTB thread here. If I post a price range I'm willing to pay, I'll get responses that are always higher.

What does this have to do with the Hulk 340 in question? Well, if the majority of the audience is looking for flipportunity and you offer them $5 growth potential then why bother buying, waiting for, then opening, and listing a package only to repack to make $5?

You have to cater to your audience. Sales 101. Now if this place was crawling with collectors only and you were offering that deal and someone needed it for their collection then you might be in luck, but I assure you that's not what the majority here are.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

/rant

This?

I thought I already summed this up. It ALWAYS comes down to price regardless of the audience.

So, if someone throws up the :takeit: in my sales thread, after a week or so still hasn't paid, with poor communication and multiple missed promises to "pay tomorrow," then comes back to me saying someone else will be paying and he'd like me to ship to that other person's address, would that be grounds enough to cancel the deal? It'd make me feel pretty sketchy.

It seems like the buyer was stringing to along to buy time for him to sell to a third party. :popcorn:

only way I do that deal is if he accepts a ZERO return policy under any conditions.

you give him a tracking number and you're done. if it gets lost, not your problem, his problem, if it's not as the final buyer expects, not your problem, his problem.

if he doesnt accept that condition you say no deal. Say you cant guarentee that he'll be a happy customer (since the book isnt going to him) so you arent comfortable with the new sales terms the mid-buyer has placed.

if he is happy to have it paid for by him, and shipped to him (the mid-buyer, not the final flipee) then you'll do the sale. Otherwise it's accept the no condition no return policy

+1.5

Got it ban hammer. Looks ominous but appropriate !!!

Sslim66 seems to have no intentions of paying money he admits he owes me. So frustrating.

Thx for anyone's help here! Or suggestions... (shrug)

What area is he in?

Yep! Paid for 50% of dd1 and then has been hiding under 3 different shill I'd s on the boards

A real piece of work and I have offered ship book back and I'll refund providing book is the same as received and pay over time and pay with books and $. I got the sound of crickets on every phone call email and pm

What else can I do? Been accommodating and nice the. Demanding and no answers either way.

Let's see what character sslimm66 decides to show the boards how honorable he is ?

Do the right thing man!!!

hm ..... Buyer lives in Tennessee and seller lives in Florida so Im not for sure we should use Kentucky law. Though I have a feeling they would be a bit stricter. lol