• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So, if someone throws up the :takeit: in my sales thread, after a week or so still hasn't paid, with poor communication and multiple missed promises to "pay tomorrow," then comes back to me saying someone else will be paying and he'd like me to ship to that other person's address, would that be grounds enough to cancel the deal? It'd make me feel pretty sketchy.

Cancel the sale and then fix your avatar.

So, if someone throws up the :takeit: in my sales thread, after a week or so still hasn't paid, with poor communication and multiple missed promises to "pay tomorrow," then comes back to me saying someone else will be paying and he'd like me to ship to that other person's address, would that be grounds enough to cancel the deal? It'd make me feel pretty sketchy.

lol

Drop ship that sucka!

+1

I was wondering who this noob was.

I'm looking for opinions on what fraction of gpa a raw book gets (or should get) compared to its slabbed equivalent.

I understand in practice that will vary according to whether its a hot or key book or not, but I'm just looking to compare opinions for a ballpark rule of thumb.

...if there is one. (shrug)

I'm looking for opinions on what fraction of gpa a raw book gets (or should get) compared to its slabbed equivalent.

I understand in practice that will vary according to whether its a hot or key book or not, but I'm just looking to compare opinions for a ballpark rule of thumb.

In the past, Overstreet was usually quoted for raw books, but I don't think that apllies anymore. Today's marketplace is too dynamic.

Here's the problem with using GPA for raw. The owner is still giving an opinion on grade. In all probablilty, the book will grade less than that opinion. Add to that the cost of shipping,slabbing, shipping, and time spent, I think raw should sell for considerably less than GPA.

lol my rant got no response.

Either I'm on a lot of ignore lists or I'm 100% right,

I think the contrast of flipper v collector is not really true. The internet has encouraged entrepreneurs by definition. Increasingly many collectors have learned (or are forced) to sell comics to pay for comics. If you are a hobbyist without deep pockets, flipping books can help you build a collection you might not otherwise have. 2c

It was dead on. I felt as though maybe your account had been jacked.

backhand_rg.gif

It was dead on. I felt as though maybe your account had been jacked.

yep

Nah it's me.

Do I at least get credit for coining the word "flipportunity" ?

Willy-Wonka-You-Get-Nothing-560x420.jpg

It seems like the buyer was stringing to along to buy time for him to sell to a third party. :popcorn:

I think the contrast of flipper v collector is not really true. The internet has encouraged entrepreneurs by definition. Increasingly many collectors have learned (or are forced) to sell comics to pay for comics. If you are a hobbyist without deep pockets, flipping books can help you build a collection you might not otherwise have. 2c

I agree. I flip occasionally. I buy pretty often, and much if that is facilitated by selling. Once my wife's PhD actually generates a salary, maybe I can just amass comics until the ceiling is no longer visible. Until then, hard to pass up the profit.