• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

There was only one sales thread. Which was marked as closed after the sales ended

The second link, which you're probably referring to, is a PM message that I sent to buyers, am I right?

Here's the thread that's being discussed.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8091026&fpart=1

There was only one sales thread. Which was marked as closed after the sales ended

The second link, which you're probably referring to, is a PM message that I sent to buyers, am I right?

No, not a PM there was a thread you started just prior to that one for the same con.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=355999&Number=8062398#Post8062398

First post from prior thread in spoiler

I am pleased and very happy to announce the first pre-sale item for NYCC 2014.

CGC SS Forum board favorites Sajad Shah, and Adelso Corona have been working on an independent published book called Zindan. Book also features work from Sabine Rich, and Alonzo Espinosa.

The book will be released at NYCC 2014, with an exclusive 20 page penciled edition, which is only limited to 100 copies.

12515pc.jpg

Back-drop of Zindan:

Zain and Timur are introduced as orphans. Like many orphans, they find themselves alone in a struggle for survival. By sheer chance, these brothers are taken in by the Ansaars, an ancient secret order of noble individuals, who have sworn an oath of stewardship over the world's worst criminals.

This is where the story begins. As the prison that Zain and Timur call home falls to a greedy king, unimaginable evils are released into the world. With everything lost once again, Zain and Timur are thrust back into a big world. This time, however, it's different. This time, they have a purpose. This time, they must journey across empires to recapture the evils that were unleashed and live on as The Last Ansaars of Zindan.

Again, the exclusive penciled edition is only limited to 100 copies, and only available at the show:

However, I am able to offer a very limited amount of Signature Series, and Blue Label copies to you:

15 Copies available

CGC SS 9.6-9.8 Signed by Sajad Shah, and Adelso Corona @ $100 (Includes fees - Fast Tracked, and Shipping to You)

CGC Blue Lable 9.6-9.8 $75 (Includes fees - Fast Tracked, and Shipping to You)

All books will be looked at before submission to ensure that the highest level of graded copies are submitted.

Again these copies will only be made available at NYCC, once they're sold out, they're gone!

Any questions, please feel free to PM me

I can't stand when a seller erases a sales thread after they sell their items. I bought a couple of CGC books recently and I am positive without a doubt, it said priority mail shipping. After weeks of not arriving, I started to wonder where the heck they were. When they arrived, I found out they had been shipped media mail. Went back to check the thread and sure enough it had been edited after my purchase... A very bad practice in my opinion.

The buyer escalated the dispute to a PayPal claim which is now being reviewed by PayPal.

Like I told the buyer before he posted here, I am more than happy to take the book back and issue a refund , as long as it is shipped and received in safe manner.

BUT he chose the claim portion without explanation , which again, is now being reviewed by the PayPal staff.

The buyer escalated the dispute to a PayPal claim which is now being reviewed by PayPal.

Like I told the buyer before he posted here, I am more than happy to take the book back and issue a refund , as long as it is shipped and received in safe manner.

BUT he chose the claim portion without explanation , which again, is now being reviewed by the PayPal staff.

When a buyer is upset about an item you shouldn't force the sale.

The buyer shouldn't have been sent the 9.6 in the first place.

Jimmy, please read everything back, ask before you assume.

I didn't send him a CGC 9.6 The book was shipped directly to him from CGC. Once I learned the grade (Once they're shipped) I sent him a PM.

He then requested a refund, which I told him I would be MORE than glad to do once the book was returned in the order it was received.

Not even ten minutes, he files a paypal claim, which I was then unable to respond to because of the escalated dispute.

Jimmy, please read everything back.

I didn't send him a CGC 9.6 The book was shipped directly to him from CGC. Once I learned the grade (Once they're shipped) I sent him a PM.

He then requested a refund, which I told him I would be MORE than glad to do once the book was returned in the order it was received.

Not even ten minutes, he files a paypal claim, which I was then unable to respond to because of the escalated dispute.

doh!

Don't sell what you don't have. It's as simple as that.

doh!

In that case, then every pre-sale from shows should be banned?

And he wasn't promised a 9.8 copy. No one was.

Edited by A-DONIS

doh!

i think I sold 10 nycc wytches 9.8 on presale, and you know what? They all came back 9.8

Maybe the problem isn't presales. Maybe the problem is you.

doh!

i think I sold 10 nycc wytches 9.8 on presale, and you know what? They all came back 9.8

Really?? Ten???? You were there????

doh!

I'm glad you were able to pre-sell all of yours, which means you have better eyes than me. I'll point out anyone that wants a prescreen service towards you.

Here is my problem with the scenario in front of us and why this should become a pile on before you just start posting about why I'm wrong.

Justin Tnic Otyme (the buyer) sends you the book back.

You refund Justin Tnic Otyme the $150 he paid for the Wytches #1 NYCC SS x2 CGC 9.8

You than resell the 9.6 SS for $400 or $500 - whatever the going rate is - You double your money, AND Justin Tnic Otyme (the buyer) still doesn't get what he expected to be buying.

So if he sends you the book back you should be on the HOS.

Hell, you should be on the HOS anyways - but right now you should be working you off trying to find a 9.8 SS so people know you're not just a money hungry comic seller who can't go through with what he promises.