• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

The buyer escalated the dispute to a PayPal claim which is now being reviewed by PayPal.

Like I told the buyer before he posted here, I am more than happy to take the book back and issue a refund , as long as it is shipped and received in safe manner.

BUT he chose the claim portion without explanation , which again, is now being reviewed by the PayPal staff.

When a buyer is upset about an item you shouldn't force the sale.

The buyer shouldn't have been sent the 9.6 in the first place.

Jimmy, please read everything back.

I didn't send him a CGC 9.6 The book was shipped directly to him from CGC. Once I learned the grade (Once they're shipped) I sent him a PM.

He then requested a refund, which I told him I would be MORE than glad to do once the book was returned in the order it was received.

Not even ten minutes, he files a paypal claim, which I was then unable to respond to because of the escalated dispute.

doh!

Don't sell what you don't have. It's as simple as that.

In that case, then every pre-sale from shows should be banned?

And he wasn't promised a 9.8 copy. No one was.

i think I sold 10 nycc wytches 9.8 on presale, and you know what? They all came back 9.8

Maybe the problem isn't presales. Maybe the problem is you.

Really?? Ten???? You were there????

Why did you edit your post? I'm everywhere. OFG OFG.

The buyer escalated the dispute to a PayPal claim which is now being reviewed by PayPal.

Like I told the buyer before he posted here, I am more than happy to take the book back and issue a refund , as long as it is shipped and received in safe manner.

BUT he chose the claim portion without explanation , which again, is now being reviewed by the PayPal staff.

I didn't send him a CGC 9.6 The book was shipped directly to him from CGC. Once I learned the grade (Once they're shipped) I sent him a PM.

He then requested a refund, which I told him I would be MORE than glad to do once the book was returned in the order it was received.

Not even ten minutes, he files a paypal claim, which I was then unable to respond to because of the escalated dispute.

doh!

No, only pre-sale books you know you will have and know the grade. Before a show I only pre-sale books that I already have an agreement with the publisher and/or have already paid for. I don't pre-sale books that I don't have, or don't know I will have at a show. I wait to I have the books in my hands... Like I did with Wytches. Which I stood in line for and pre-screened at the register before paying for them. This way my customers know what they are getting - All 9.8s.

doh!

i think I sold 10 nycc wytches 9.8 on presale, and you know what? They all came back 9.8

Maybe the problem isn't presales. Maybe the problem is you.

I'm glad you were able to pre-sell all of yours, which means you have better eyes than me. I'll point out anyone that wants a prescreen service towards you.

Here is my problem with the scenario in front of us and why this should become a pile on before you just start posting about why I'm wrong.

Justin Tnic Otyme (the buyer) sends you the book back.

You refund Justin Tnic Otyme the $150 he paid for the Wytches #1 NYCC SS x2 CGC 9.8

You than resell the 9.6 SS for $400 or $500 - whatever the going rate is - You double your money, AND Justin Tnic Otyme (the buyer) still doesn't get what he expected to be buying.

So if he sends you the book back you should be on the HOS.

Hell, you should be on the HOS anyways - but right now you should be working you off trying to find a 9.8 SS so people know you're not just a money hungry comic seller who can't go through with what he promises.

This is where you're wrong and your assumptions are again, assumptions.

Justin Tnic Otyme WILL get his refund once Paypal finishes the claim which HE escalated. Once you escalate a paypal dispute to a claim the fund are automatically deducted from the account. After the review, he'll get the refund owed.

By the way, calling BS on your pre-sales of 10 CGC 9.8s :)

What I don't understand is this:

1. I already told Justin Tnic that I would give him a full refund because he wasn't happy, once the book was returned

2. He, without communicating why, escalated the Paypal dispute to a claim, which is being reviewed.

3. Even after the escalation, I am still willing to take the book back.

4. The sales NEVER promised a 9.8 to anyone, simply that this was a show variant, and that every attempt was going to be made to secure that copies were going to be made available.

Why is Jimmy mad?

Pasta Boy may have an interesting board personality but he is a perfect seller to deal with when it comes to business. Same thing with Beach Bum. If he tells me I am getting a 9.8, I know that's what will be arriving in the mail within 3 days.

My problem is how much money you're going to be making off of this mistake.

You're right though, I just made that up about presales, so anyone reading this expecting your books ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

He can turn around and sell the book and make just as much.

You're right though, I just made that up about presales, so anyone reading this expecting your books ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

But think about how much he would have made if he was getting a 9.8.

The difference in price is what you should be paying him.

But think about how much he would have made if he was getting a 9.8.

The difference in price is what you should be paying him.

You're OUT OF YOUR MIND!

Get off the bowl.

What I don't understand is this:

1. I already told Justin Tnic that I would give him a full refund because he wasn't happy, once the book was returned

2. He, without communicating why, escalated the Paypal dispute to a claim, which is being reviewed.

/quote]

#2 happened because #1 is not entirely true.

Why is Jimmy mad?

tumblr_m7y68hwBAc1qd6c4y_zpsmvqq4tgr.gif