• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2023 at 12:53 AM, Every Day A Story said:

Hello fellow Pence friends.

Wanted to share this latest mail call that will soon be off to Sarasota (they are already listed for grade thoughts in Hey buddy, can you spare a grade? - feel free to chime in).

IMG_20230819_093920014.thumb.jpg.2a9ecb17ff682e29fceadefd7be6acd6.jpg

That's a very nice pence lot. I was only writing yesterday about the relative scarcity of Hulk #1. You don't see him as often as the others. Good luck with the submission.

I just saw this back cover of Dracula Lives #64, week ending January 10th 1976:

MAY2023SALE662.jpg.c5f2694982e34b5cf5b3ddb3408a490a.thumb.jpg.b29b0b047799ee4ab240a0c55ff145fd.jpgMAY2023SALE663.jpg.ead2acb3c0f8ae26ed614bb99b1403c1.thumb.jpg.03eb14c3e4900241e23954bb01d2d060.jpg

So that's when we'd have been buying our 75p copies :)

SupermanvsTheAmazingSpider-Man(1976)75pPriceVariant.thumb.jpg.4626baa096f5ac3465e7cef452dceafc.jpg

On 10/23/2023 at 11:24 AM, rakehell said:

There's currently a French one on eBay UK somewhere. hm

I've seen it before, oui. It's a très agréable looking thing, isn't it :)

On 10/23/2023 at 1:08 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I've seen it before, oui. It's a très agréable looking thing, isn't it :)

It is indeed, Velma. I'm thinking about it. It falls just outside my "too cool not to own"/"more money than I want to pay" Venn diagram. hm

I'm just too cheap-arse, I guess. I should just buy the bloody thing so I can lock it away and never look at it again. And I probably will...

:banana:

Edited by rakehell
non-profanity profanity

On 10/23/2023 at 9:52 PM, pemart1966 said:

Funny that there's no Marvel or DC indica on the cover.

It certainly adds to the mystique, doesn't it.

On 10/25/2023 at 8:47 AM, rakehell said:

It is indeed, Velma. I'm thinking about it. It falls just outside my "too cool not to own"/"more money than I want to pay" Venn diagram. hm

I'm just too cheap-arse, I guess. I should just buy the bloody thing so I can lock it away and never look at it again. And I probably will...

:banana:

I really like the look of it, but I don't collect foreign reprints anymore so I'd be buying it just for the love of it if I did. I can't go down that road again, as I'd start buying everything again. And if I put that with my 75p UKPV, I'd then be itching for the German one. I don't actually know if there is a German one, but there probably is and I'd want it along with all the others that probably exist. Before you knew it, I'd have to buy a massive box for them all. I love treasuries but they're poxy things to store when you don't live in a mansion. 

On 10/25/2023 at 8:56 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I really like the look of it, but I don't collect foreign reprints anymore so I'd be buying it just for the love of it if I did. I can't go down that road again, as I'd start buying everything again. And if I put that with my 75p UKPV, I'd then be itching for the German one. I don't actually know if there is a German one, but there probably is and I'd want it along with all the others that probably exist. Before you knew it, I'd have to buy a massive box for them all. I love treasuries but they're poxy things to store when you don't live in a mansion.

I agree with all of this. I still collect foreigns when I can get them cheap, but by cheap, I mean pocket change. 

There is a German one, according to GCD.

https://www.comics.org/issue/30562/

And a Dutch, and a Danish, Norwegian, Italian and another UK (reprint this time) to go with your UKPPV.

And you're right about treasuries: lovely great big things, when you find them in high grade they're really something special. But try finding decent bags for them. Pain in the hay-ho. :sumo:

On 10/25/2023 at 9:22 AM, rakehell said:

I agree with all of this. I still collect foreigns when I can get them cheap, but by cheap, I mean pocket change. 

There is a German one, according to GCD.

https://www.comics.org/issue/30562/

And a Dutch, and a Danish, Norwegian, Italian and another UK (reprint this time) to go with your UKPPV.

And you're right about treasuries: lovely great big things, when you find them in high grade they're really something special. But try finding decent bags for them. Pain in the hay-ho. :sumo:

EINMALIGE SONDERAUSGABE!

I sort of knew there would be.

And be careful - 'hay-ho' could be deemed a non-profanity profanity around here :grin:

On 8/19/2023 at 7:53 AM, Every Day A Story said:

Hello fellow Pence friends.

Wanted to share this latest mail call that will soon be off to Sarasota (they are already listed for grade thoughts in Hey buddy, can you spare a grade? - feel free to chime in).

IMG_20230819_093920014.thumb.jpg.2a9ecb17ff682e29fceadefd7be6acd6.jpg

Very nice! I hoped I had one of the best SA collections in Australia but you beat me by having Hulk1. 

I would be interested how you got these. I assume you did not get them as OO because Australia got books with US prices in the '60s. (And we usually did not get the first three issues of a series).

@Garystar

Remember this one Gary?

I think this is the first copy I've seen to buy since one finally turned up years back:

167.thumb.PNG.89b1c86efd0c6fd4621a63c03f15e29e.PNG

I won't be going for it myself, but if anyone else is frantic for a copy....

On 11/7/2023 at 5:17 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I did a little Marvel UKPV write up for my online friend Ben's 'Rare Comics' blog

:golfclap:

Nice work.  So much information and well written with those great bits of humor (sorry, "humour"?) in there.

On 11/26/2023 at 7:15 PM, Yorick said:

:golfclap:

Nice work.  So much information and well written with those great bits of humor (sorry, "humour"?) in there.

Bless ya, Yozza :)

On 11/26/2023 at 12:32 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

@Garystar

Remember this one Gary?

I think this is the first copy I've seen to buy since one finally turned up years back:

167.thumb.PNG.89b1c86efd0c6fd4621a63c03f15e29e.PNG

I won't be going for it myself, but if anyone else is frantic for a copy....

Bit of an odd description. I’ve still got the copy I got several years ago just to see it was real. I remember we were debating how UK distribution of last issues were quite often a reverse of preceding issues distribution and mooted this as one which might turn up and low and behold it did. 

On 11/26/2023 at 10:18 PM, Garystar said:

Bit of an odd description. I’ve still got the copy I got several years ago just to see it was real. I remember we were debating how UK distribution of last issues were quite often a reverse of preceding issues distribution and mooted this as one which might turn up and low and behold it did. 

I miss the days when the discovery of a new Marvel UKPV was still a possibility. And the days when this thread would chug merrily along.