• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel UK Price Variants
16 16

2,571 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Apparently we're not cornering the market in low grade pences any more, Steve.

Strange Tales 110

Very strong price for a raggedy old pence book.

Indeed! I've been watching a few old pence copies of Strange Tales, TOS and TTA - looking for better images for the files - and noticing some quite high prices. Gone are the days when you could get them for a tenner Harry...

st110.thumb.PNG.bb1c7e99ae43159ef260ba1bd0003510.PNG

50 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Indeed! I've been watching a few old pence copies of Strange Tales, TOS and TTA - looking for better images for the files - and noticing some quite high prices. Gone are the days when you could get them for a tenner Harry...

I won quite a nice pence TTA and a not so nice pence ST (not the #110 lol ) from the same seller today. I'll post them here when they turn up. (thumbsu

2 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

I won quite a nice pence TTA and a not so nice pence ST (not the #110 lol ) from the same seller today. I'll post them here when they turn up. (thumbsu

Do! :headbang:

On 10/04/2018 at 3:25 PM, Harry Lime said:
On 08/04/2018 at 4:12 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Do! :headbang:

ST159.thumb.jpg.54c659dfe75b60d4a3b614b51c413b04.jpg

TTA90.thumb.jpg.08626dc4b41bda7133425391560c137c.jpg

Did! :banana:

Done! :headbang:

Nice find Get!A very early Rorschach appearance,hiding out on that vest!We see you,you little stinker!

I do have a few early TTA and TOS pence,but i'm pretty sure i've checked for you before and you have records of those..not positive on my number for Strange Tales though,i'll keep and eye out for them as i'm organizing.Are there no pence Journey into Mystery?

It does seem that the westerns are the most common eh?

I believe out of all i've seen TOS 71 is the one i've noticed most here..have two copies and have seen at least three more locally.

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Nice find Get!A very early Rorschach appearance,hiding out on that vest!We see you,you little stinker!

Oh yeah! Only you'd spot that Jim :grin:

rorshach.PNG.37bbc6b5d04cf0e6b5c7db921a81b993.PNG

Are there no pence Journey into Mystery?

Lot's of pence JIMs Jim :D

Find me a 61, 64, 65, 70 or a 71 and we'll get married:

1.thumb.PNG.f8dc1d907982d49c114715b4cf713027.PNG

jim.thumb.PNG.f7e261625efb261523d8e0f718c3874c.PNG

I believe out of all i've seen TOS 71 is the one i've noticed most here..have two copies and have seen at least three more locally.

Here's another:

71.thumb.jpg.8a9efeedc0e877c68f70a8b5ba464643.jpg

Cheers for the interest Jim :headbang:

Edited by Get Marwood & I
TOS, TTA, let's call the whole thing off ;-)

Hello dear reader, and welcome to the end of the world :)

I don’t suppose you remember Wattoo Wattoo do you? No? Oh well. Wattoo was a super bird in an old imported cartoon – French made I think – that I used to watch back in the seventies when I was a young unimpressionable loner. Wattoo’s thing, as I recall, was to get himself into various scrapes and then to call out for his friends to come and help him.

“They hear his call” the narrator would say... wattoo.gif.80a1d7d730a50370f79349f2268fc3ff.gif

...“and multiply into hundreds and hundreds of Wattoo’s” Image result for wattoo wattoo gifs

How nice for Wattoo, I used to ponder wistfully, to have had so many nice friends on whom he could rely. Strength in numbers :headbang:

Alas, the same could not be said for our old friend the curlew, as he took off on that last long, lonely voyage. Sniff. Tough watch that one. MFC watches it on youtube through gritted beak.

lastofthecurlews.jpg.0be71140c5fd28cb757a61337fad3d85.jpg

Well, they tell me this is the Marvel Pence thread, so I suppose I better talk about them a bit for the benefit of those who have come to expect pence related updates of the Marvel kind.  If you’ve been paying attention (only 9d, if you show your pass) you may recall me telling you that 'The Kid' popped in the other week to say hello after a brief 58 year absence. Kid Number 105 to be exact. After feeding, watering and trying to bag and board him (against which, I have to say, he fought with considerable gun-toting expertise) I crossed my fingers and hoped that his long lost cousin KCO 102 might also one day make an appearance.  Now, there’s an old saying about buses always coming along together, but that has nothing to do with comics, and therefore has no place in this dismissive. It’s about buses, so would sit better in a bus blog. Never mix your comics with your buses my old Nan used to say. Anyway, here is the The Kid, Number 102:

102.thumb.jpg.30c0830e3c0e561c5e8565985ed26147.jpg

Yee flippin har!

Nice isn’t he :)

So we now have 3,010 of the damn things. Not bad really, for a single handed - albeit multi decade - effort.

My thoughts on the missing list are well documented by now, so I won’t go into them again. Suffice to say that the discerning among you will be able to hazard a pretty good guess at the number of additional issues waiting to be discovered. Pictures like this tell a story of sorts, but all of my friends are in trouble, and there’s no need to go into that now:

image.thumb.png.8867ee5cbb0c7c89760c9bad51106f21.png

Hmmmm....hm

2 hours ago, Harry Lime said:

Congrats on finding another low grade missing 9d, Steve. A silver ghost for the silver age.

As a child of the 70's and an avid viewer of all things cartoony back then I should remember Wattoo but I don't. :(

Cheers Harry. He may be the last one. Kid that is.  

You didn't hear Wattoo's call?

dv6nkOm.gif.6bbb2dc7050696c0334f77174b8e4fc6.gif

11 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Cheers Harry. He may be the last one. Kid that is.  

You didn't hear Wattoo's call?

dv6nkOm.gif.6bbb2dc7050696c0334f77174b8e4fc6.gif

I was intrigued enough to google it and found it was late 70's. Whilst I still watched the occasional cartoon then, Battle of the Planets anyone? I think I was too old for this flying French falcon. Early 70's was more my period, Marine Boy (that was weird), Arabian Nights (size of a donkey) etc.

53 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

I was intrigued enough to google it and found it was late 70's. Whilst I still watched the occasional cartoon then, Battle of the Planets anyone? I think I was too old for this flying French falcon. Early 70's was more my period, Marine Boy (that was weird), Arabian Nights (size of a donkey) etc.

Size of an elephant! Loved that cartoon. We'll have to start a thread Harry :headbang:

Edited by Get Marwood & I
Any is not an. An is not any. Autocorrect is neither ?