• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's try this... the Golden Age ORIGINAL ART Thread
4 4

276 posts in this topic

On 3/22/2017 at 11:14 PM, Ameri said:

Wow, thanks for sharing that great story. I saved these scans. Outside of these, and the Cap 5 page, that's all I know that's out there 

cap%206%20original%20art2_zps4qk4kusd.jp

cap%206%20original%20art_zpscvi5qtci.jpg

Everything posted in this thread ROCK so hard!!! I don't really follow the original art scene at this stage in my career as its a little out of my league but did this splash actually sell in eBay? and if so HOW MUCH?? What would something like this be worth if it came to market today? Are we talking like 100K? More? I have no idea honestly

Edited by gino2paulus2
The only real original stuff I ever followed was a couple Frazetta pieces and the Action cover our own Bedrock brought home

On 3/22/2017 at 11:14 PM, Ameri said:

Wow, thanks for sharing that great story. I saved these scans. Outside of these, and the Cap 5 page, that's all I know that's out there 

cap%206%20original%20art2_zps4qk4kusd.jp

cap%206%20original%20art_zpscvi5qtci.jpg

Jon Berk had a page from Cap 9 that will be offered in the upcoming ComicConnect auction.

Here's a really bad photo that includes part of it -- down in the lower right corner.

IMG_0435_zpsnvbadigx.jpg

44 minutes ago, exitmusicblue said:

It's remarkable how fresh much of GA OA appears... pieces from the 40s/50s with bold lines on thick paper looking like they could've been drawn last week. :luhv:

I was thinking the same thing.   Such bold strokes