• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Let's try this... the Golden Age ORIGINAL ART Thread
4 4

276 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, PopKulture said:
18 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

Original advertising art by Edgar Church.

6nJ10K.jpg

Wow, these are really cool pieces of history! The top two feature really great spot illos. Congrats!

Heritage sold off a lot of them in their Sunday auctions a couple of years ago.  I picked up a few.  They are cool. 

I'm not sure where they came from.  I don't believe they were part of Chuck's original purchase of Edgar's comics.  So maybe the family held on to them or they were scooped up by someone else.

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

IMG_4561.PNG

Thanks for posting that, Gator. Here is the link, and please ignore all of the typos. Our CW affiliate was apparently in quite the hurry to get this up and posted!

http://cw39.com/2017/03/20/local-book-store-owner-displays-30000-one-of-a-kind-superman-comic-book-cover/

Edited by MrBedrock
I cain't spell right.

24 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:
3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

IMG_4561.PNG

Thanks for posting that, Gator. Here is the link, and please ignore all of the typos. Our CW affiliate was apparently in quite the hurry to get this up and posted!

http://cw39.com/2017/03/20/local-book-store-owner-displays-30000-one-of-a-kind-superman-comic-book-cover/

Think that fix for cracked screens works? hm

Two pieces from my secret stash.

Weird Science #19 P3 the great Wally Wood  - I woke up in the middle of the night, decided to look at my smartphone messages, and saw that Mike Burkey had this page for sale.  Originally, the page was offered on eBay by Silveracres in the UK for a mere $1k.

weirdsci.jpg

Only a recreation of Bats 23 cover by Spoon Sprang.  I love the sweat coming off the Joker's brow.

image_zpsvzvzhijg.jpg

On 2017-03-20 at 0:33 PM, Robot Man said:

I have a lot of stuff but sadly very little original art. Only a few pieces.

Here's a nice flea market find. A get well card probably for some one connected to the Disney offices. As near as I can tell it is the work of Al Taliaferro.

duckart_zpsd6a49a47.jpg

Super cute...and lovely penmanship to boot!