• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2022 at 3:30 PM, Qalyar said:

Other way around, actually. Krazylife became Nuttylife became Wotalife. And since no one has mentioned it, that random list of books I mentioned earlier that my friend was trying to assemble? Well, the missing numbers in the middle, between Wotalife and My Love Secret -- #13 to #23 -- had yet another different title, but it's maybe a little more familiar.

Because it's Phantom Lady.

Thanks for correction! 

Wow, the numbering in those days, lol

On 5/13/2022 at 2:41 PM, sagii said:

Thanks for correction! 

Wow, the numbering in those days, lol

At the time, there was a comparatively large registration fee for new periodicals, but not for altering the name of an existing publication. This especially worked to the advantage of some of the smaller publishers when WW II broke out, because the paper rationing allotment for titles that had been in publication for over a year was (generally) larger than for new ones (that's actually what killed Rural Home). Fox never passed up an opportunity to save a couple of bucks, and thus...