• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA With Less Than Ten Copies in the CGC Census
31 31

2,844 posts in this topic

On 5/9/2022 at 6:47 PM, KCOComics said:

7 on the census, but the 2 6.5s are actually the same book double counted. 

So really only 6 copies on the census. 

IMG_20220420_152919994_HDR.jpg

Missing my under copy already! Glad it went to a passionate collector. 

On 5/1/2022 at 7:39 PM, sagii said:

Happy Anniversary to this Thread!

And what a cool rarely seen gem that is!

what i like about zero on the census is when you go look it up, the number isn't listed.

like it doesn't exist.

just skips from vol. 2 #9 to vol. 2 #11, lol.

On 5/10/2022 at 2:23 PM, circumstances said:

what i like about zero on the census is when you go look it up, the number isn't listed.

like it doesn't exist.

just skips from vol. 2 #9 to vol. 2 #11, lol.

Bonus points if that makes you go look the missing issue up because you can't be sure whether that's just a book no one has sent in yet, or if it's more weird Golden Age numbering shenanigans!

On 5/10/2022 at 3:33 PM, Qalyar said:

Bonus points if that makes you go look the missing issue up because you can't be sure whether that's just a book no one has sent in yet, or if it's more weird Golden Age numbering shenanigans!

exactly!

On 5/10/2022 at 2:35 PM, circumstances said:

exactly!

I joked about that with a friend a number of years ago, and he decided to run with it. At one point he was about 75% done with assembling a (largely low-grade reader) collection consisting of: Krazylife #1, Nuttylife #2, Wotalife #3-12, My Love Secret #24-30, and Animal Crackers #31. I think he eventually concluded that there were too many books that were just too rare to actually finish it off. And they really are rare, too. For graded books, there's one copy of Wotalife 3 and one copy of Wotalife 5 and nothing else for the title. I wonder how much of it he still has.

Bonus points for anyone getting the theme.

On 5/10/2022 at 3:38 PM, lighthouse said:

Man this is like having a conversation with a friend and then suddenly seeing ads for that item on your phone.

I literally JUST bought this book this morning. Yes it’s the second round of reprints but I hadn’t even seen this title in forever.2B3B50ED-E21D-4225-8DE6-E9B6B2E0528B.thumb.jpeg.c29ee6ab62f002b6269ddb81c2ea1e02.jpeg

wotalife6.jpg

On 5/11/2022 at 7:55 PM, lighthouse said:

Very nice.

Pedigree or just a stellar copy?

It's a random copy I found box diving at a show somewhere.