• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,088 posts in this topic

On 7/6/2021 at 1:12 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Oooo- looks like Glen stocked up from bechara at the art show in Cali..

this was in Bechara portfolio for 895 last months … now on glens latest update at 1750!! Lol

B83A238F-7C13-4240-988C-DFE0B7154DF2.png

about 7 years ago I was looking through portfolios at a NJ show and Tex came up and said something about looking for anything he did. I had seen a page earlier and pulled the portfolio so he could see it. It was a page from Wolverine and he laughed at the price ($450) but I recall telling him that his stuff was moving up in value

There was a time when I would see stuff like this and figure "this dealer must know his market better than I do, after all it is his business" but I am not so sure lately.

"let's throw together a show online to sell art" "sure, at worst nothing sells and all we do is waste some time and have some fun, free marketing"...then "maybe this has a down side I had not foreseen"

On 7/24/2021 at 11:29 AM, dichotomy said:

Sold Los Bros a Skottie Young cover on Amateur Dueling Dealers in May for $800. Now on sale at Torpedo with a weird stat added for $1750. 

75BA795E-52B4-45AE-B9AC-3DB066CA35B1.jpeg

Yes M L but you have to consider parts and labor. Then Los Bros have to pay a lot for storage for all the overpriced art that never sells.

Today in “dealers” “influencing” the market, we have an excalibur cover that sold on CLink  3/2/21 for $2988. 
https://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp%3Freturning%3D1%26pg%3D2&id=1461760

Now available for $5500. 
https://www.comicartfans.com/ForSaleDetails.asp?ArtId=6735003