• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,088 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, RBerman said:

I was surprised by the $50 price tag on the back of each of the catalogues Heritage sent me yesterday.

Those catalogs are cool, and are limited to high rollers these days.  I have a bunch from years ago when they were widely distributed.  They will likely go in my yard sale this weekend after I find the ones I actually bought from and consigned to.  Thanks for reminding me of another project! (NOT).  David

3 hours ago, aokartman said:

Those catalogs are cool, and are limited to high rollers these days.  I have a bunch from years ago when they were widely distributed.  They will likely go in my yard sale this weekend after I find the ones I actually bought from and consigned to.  Thanks for reminding me of another project! (NOT).  David

If I received one they aren't limiting them to high rollers

7 minutes ago, Hockeyflow33 said:

If I received one they aren't limiting them to high rollers

It might have been due to my lack of useful activity with them.  I throw in a bid now and then at the weekly auctions, but the Signature Auctions are out of my range these days.  David

6 hours ago, lobrac said:

(attempted) Flop-of-the-Day:

CAPTAIN AMERICA #292, PAGE 21 for sale on Nostalgic Investments website for $595

https://www.nostalgicinvestments.com/comic-art/captain-america-292-p21

Offered by Glen Brunswick (AKA Nostalgic Investments' competition) on Dueling Deal...I mean, Dealmakers of Comic Art for $1,400. No sale. #fail

HA HA HA HA.jpg

this show was painful to watch

4 hours ago, Garry Ghoul said:

this show was painful to watch

I really love what Bill and cast do with those auctions, as CRINGEworthy as they get.

But man, scanning through the one Glen put on was even worse. As least Bill and cast have some character.

31 minutes ago, aqn83 said:

I really love what Bill and cast do with those auctions, as CRINGEworthy as they get.

But man, scanning through the one Glen put on was even worse. As least Bill and cast have some character.

No one ever said anything about personality. 

16 minutes ago, artdealer said:

No one ever said anything about personality. 

Ok, but I was simply responding to a comment regarding how the show was painful to watch. Am I not allowed to do that?

On 4/20/2021 at 8:39 PM, DeadpoolJr. said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-DARK-KNIGHTS-FAMILY-METAL-UNPUBLISHED-ORIGINAL-ART-BY-ETHAN-VAN-SCIVER/133581121373?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160811114145%26meid%3D14d39dbc10044b22b51511cb95772a9f%26pid%3D100667%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D294134273117%26itm%3D133581121373%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2334524&_trksid=p2334524.c100667.m2042

Remember seeing this one up on Comiclink a little while back. Also I think it's left a little ambiguous by just calling it unpublished when it's spefically a commission. In fact, Van Sciver even has a video up on his youtube channel where he's working on this exact piece and says it's a commission which you can see here

You mean it’s a “specialty piece.” image.png.40fece844d3aab24eb1244702d39f84e.png