• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED: GA/SA High Grade and Pedigrees
9 9

306 posts in this topic

Tonight will be the last day I add anything to the thread.

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Or, possibly, today will be the last night? hm

:ohnoez:

Today is the first day I don't even have a preliminary set of books that I'm considering. 

I will post at least one book.  Whether I do more than that is anybody's guess.

3 minutes ago, Inaflash said:

Are you starting a new thread tomorrow?

Ken

Yes:  The Board's Top 10 Kibitzers

On 1/7/2017 at 6:25 AM, Black_Adam said:

Never mind the amazing comics, this thread is worth watching just for the detailed wealth of knowledge accompanying every single listing!

Best of luck with the sales adamstrange, this thread is a  ^^

They also show @adamstrange's love for the comics. Not just the detailed informations about pedigrees, purchases, collecting history etc. – the comics themselves.
:cloud9:

Thanks again for the kind words.  I'm glad that you have enjoyed the write-ups as the comics medium is still far less understood and appreciated than it should be and many of these creators deserve greater honor for helping it to develop.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:33 AM, skypinkblu said:

I love the blurbs and I know exactly who should finish that Pedigree book...(worship)

I volunteered 2 years ago...

Marvel Tales 102 Palo Alto:  Basic Wolverton is the main attraction in this issue and hopefully the scan will show why.  Basil wrote, drew and lettered his work and did it like no one before him.  I appreciate people who carve their own path, oblivious to what is going on around them and unaware of the depth of their talent.  To learn more about him, I highly recommend the Sadowski biography, part one of which is out Basil Bio Book

Census: 1 in 9.2, 2 in 9.0 and 2 in 8.5.   We covered the Palo Alto pedigree in an earlier post and they are very nice copies in terms of page quality and cover colors.  This copy isn't quite as high grade as some others, but presents well despite some minor defects like bug nibbles of the upper right edge of the interior pages.  This is an old label CGC 8.5 ow for $1500.

I do not have the Certificate for this copy.

MarvelTales102.jpg

MarvelTales102p1 wolverton.jpg