• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WONDER WOMAN 2 directed by Patty Jenkins (11/1/19)
3 3

1,312 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I need to do something like this. I have a really big screen, and I do not want my first viewing of WW84 to be on a pad. I wish it would also be available on Prime, which I do have on my big screen. I'd pay a hefty rental fee to see it.

Pretty easy!

Connect an HDMI cable from your PC to TV. IIRC, you have to hit the Windows Key + P, and your display settings will pop up with the type of screen projection.

3 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I need to do something like this. I have a really big screen, and I do not want my first viewing of WW84 to be on a pad. I wish it would also be available on Prime, which I do have on my big screen. I'd pay a hefty rental fee to see it.

Maybe this would, work to, Sign up for a free week trial of hulu.   Hulu carries HBO Max as an app you can sign up with.  I have a Roku tv and Hulu tv service.   The HBO Max is is listed along with Starz etc

21 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

But you remember her, and she wasn't even a secondary character.

The 2nd bold statement is wrong in every way, shape, and form.

Your bias is showing, again.

The Blockbuster Video security guard Carol makes contact with on Earth was more memorable than a single member of the Wonder Squad.

4 hours ago, Grails said:

I know, I thought CM was a very weak entry and forgettable. My daughters said it was ok. They have no desire to revisit it but have re-watched both Ant-Man movies. We will all still watch CM2 in hopes it will be more enjoyable. But if you’re a family that loved CM, well that’s a win.

I root for Carol Danvers. In the history of Marvel Comics, I don't think any character has had it tougher than her. She's been blown up, betrayed, had her memories erased or stolen, de-powered(and not for one issue, like years), kidnapped and raped, and when given a raise gets attacked by anti-feminist comic fans. And then leading up to her own movie, Carol gets sucked into our current society's divisive politics. That her movie was ultimately a success was a well deserved win for the character. My heart grew three sizes the day her movie broke a billion. Now, I was a little disappointed by her limited presence in Endgame, but she's the future of the Avengers, too. Her best is yet to come.

Now, I root for Diana, too. It's just she hasn't had it as rough as poor Carol. Wonder Woman has been on easy street since her creation.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

We already know how much you're in love with a fictional character. Just when I thought this thread would get back on track...

As Bosco has pointed out, about a million times now, it's not about comparisons. The only thing that is similar between Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel is that they're both female-led films. One is about a goddess with good intentions who looks to find her way in the rest of the world. The other is about a manipulated human fighting to convey emotion.

This thread is about Wonder Woman for god's sake. -_-

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

17 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Now, I root for Diana, too. It's just she hasn't had it as rough as poor Carol. Wonder Woman has been on easy street since her creation.

I’m sure you’re joking right? A female superhero created in 1940 or 41 when the Damsel in Distress was all the rage. The amount of misogyny that surrounded the character for decades was staggering. WW paved the road for CM and I’m not even that much of a fan. Soft spot in my heart for Linda Carter though like every teenage boy in the 80’s.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think that she looks like Diana Prince, but I think that her ability to act is really poor.

She’s with ScarJo to me with occasional bouts of greatness. A Beautiful Mind, Requiem for a Dream and even though it was a smaller part, Dark City, a favorite of mine.

46 minutes ago, Grails said:

I’m sure you’re joking right? A female superhero created in 1940 or 41 when the Damsel in Distress was all the rage. The amount of misogyny that surrounded the character for decades was staggering. WW paved the road for CM and I’m not even that much of a fan. Soft spot in my heart for Linda Carter though like every teenage boy in the 80’s.

I'm not joking. Sure, William Moulton seemed to have a thing for putting Wonder Woman in bondage in the War years, but by the end of the story, everything was fine. That doesn't amount to the "real world" ringer Marvel Comics put Carol Danvers through. In fact, DC didn't start giving their characters the real world treatment until Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams did Batman and Green Lantern/Green Arrow. Superman didn't get the real world treatment until his appearance in Dark Knight Returns and when Alan Moore and John Byrne wrote him in the 80's. And Wonder Woman wasn't given that real world treatment until George Perez similarly re-invented her about the same time. But even then, the character of Diana didn't have her identity stolen from her, she didn't have her powers stripped away for years, she wasn't kidnapped and raped by an interdimensional being, and she wasn't betrayed by her adopted family like Carol was by both the Avengers and the X-Men.

I'm not doubting Wonder Woman's legacy as the first female super-hero. I'm just saying no female super-hero has had to deal with as much BS in her stories as Carol Danvers has.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm not joking. Sure, William Moulton seemed to have a thing for putting Wonder Woman in bondage in the War years, but by the end of the story, everything was fine. That doesn't amount to the "real world" ringer Marvel Comics put Carol Danvers through. In fact, DC didn't start giving their characters the real world treatment until Denny O'Neil and Neal Adams did Batman and Green Lantern/Green Arrow. Superman didn't get the real world treatment until his appearance in Dark Knight Returns and when Alan Moore and John Byrne wrote him in the 80's. And Wonder Woman wasn't given that real world treatment until George Perez similarly re-invented her about the same time. But even then, the character of Diana didn't have her identity stolen from her, she didn't have her powers stripped away for years, she wasn't kidnapped and raped by an interdimensional being, and she wasn't betrayed by her adopted family like Carol was by both the Avengers and the X-Men.

I'm not doubting Wonder Woman's legacy as the first female super-hero. I'm just saying no female super-hero has had to deal with as much BS in her stories as Carol Danvers has.

OMG that's sooooo realistic!

1 hour ago, Grails said:

I’ve said it a few times here over the years but Jennifer Connely twenty years ago would have been perfection as WW. 

Gal Gadot was perfection as Diana/Wonder Woman. I'm not a fan of Zach Snyder, but I'll give him props for this casting choice. She brought the hero intensity, but I also think Gal's natural accent helps sell her convincingly as an Amazon princess/goddess. It made her stand out as the daughter of Zeus from the normal Amazon warriors of Themyscira(sp) and obviously made her stand out more in a war torn Europe.

3 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

OMG that's sooooo realistic!

Okay, I'll take out the more fantastic words. Throughout Carol Danver's stories, she's had long term amnesia, had her identity stolen, was kidnapped and raped, and was betrayed personally by her friends and family. "Real world" stuff that Marvel Comics has been doing to their characters since the creation of the Fantastic Four. Maybe a little too much with Ms. Danvers.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Okay, I'll take out the more fantastic words. Throughout Carol Danver's stories, she's had long term amnesia, had her identity stolen, was kidnapped and raped, and was betrayed personally by her friends and family. "Real world" stuff that Marvel Comics has been doing to their characters since the creation of the Fantastic Four. Maybe a little too much with Ms. Danvers.

Yeah, if you make the story as vague as possible, of course you can make it appear "real-world".

It doesn't make you any less wrong. Again, you're championing Captain Marvel in a thread about Wonder Woman. It makes no sense.

23 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

It doesn't make you any less wrong. Again, you're championing Captain Marvel in a thread about Wonder Woman. It makes no sense.

I'm right. You brought up Captain Marvel first. And it makes perfect sense. Though Marvel has never had an A-list solo female super-hero before, they now have their Wonder Woman in the Carol Danvers Captain Marvel (and no, She-Hulk was not Marvel's Wonder Woman even though John Byrne drew her the same way). We're in a comic book movie forum and Wonder Woman has a movie coming out. If it's going to make sense anywhere, it's here.