• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Free Comic Book day with my granddaughters. Just the two of them and PaPa. This is what life is all about guys. They had a ball. 

DCA613D5-3AE3-4833-B98E-B38BCDA88BD6.jpeg

65642FF4-6BCC-485F-A68D-0536A4B7D75D.jpeg

New comic fans in the making!

Was checking out some stuff from my misbegotten youth. Over my home computer I get to glaze over my collection of Finks, Weird-ohs, Nutty Mads and all nature of hot rod driving monsters. Any other geezers remember these? I realized I had a lot of puzzles that were spawned with the model kits.

3E1B6EAD-4622-4E5D-AC44-8906D723B0E7.jpeg

F8D0C0ED-7121-43DA-A5E8-063CF1FB234C.jpeg

9A240A4E-3734-4154-AC46-711E49B9CECC.jpeg

And since you didn't ask anyway, how 'bout I bore you with some more?

These little guys are called "Nutty Mads" They were sold in a bin at the grocery store for 29 cents. When we wren't whining for comics, my little brother and I would whine at my mom for one of these. She would say no, we would whine a little more and eventually she would cave. Then it was "the big choice" which one? which color? Man we were little monsters...

Here are all four sets. Came in many colors. At one time I wanted each figure in every color. I soon realized how much space they took up and how much I was spending to re-capture my youth and settled on keeping one of each in the rarest color I could find. Man, these are detailed. Nothing like those bloodshot little eyes!

marxnutmadhotrods.jpg

marxnuttymads2.jpg

marxnuttymads3.jpg

marxnuttymads4.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Was checking out some stuff from my misbegotten youth. Over my home computer I get to glaze over my collection of Finks, Weird-ohs, Nutty Mads and all nature of hot rod driving monsters. Any other geezers remember these? I realized I had a lot of puzzles that were spawned with the model kits.

3E1B6EAD-4622-4E5D-AC44-8906D723B0E7.jpeg

F8D0C0ED-7121-43DA-A5E8-063CF1FB234C.jpeg

Man those are cool, I kind of remember those from when I was a kid but didn't have any. I remember those great Big Daddy Roth models from the sixties along with all the other great plastic toys. It really was a fun time and you ripped those things open threw them on the floor and went to town building them. When my kids were young the best stuff I could find were the Lego Creator sets which we saved for the Grandkids. No one builds models anymore which is too bad. On the other hand soon they may program 3D files on their Ipads to print on their own 3D printer soon; now that's kind of cool.

3 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Here is a kid in Kansas checking out the plastic model kits probably before Christmas in 1964. On shelf near his head are some Weird-Ohs kits.

Does this picture bring back memories?

SE Kan 1964.JPG

Sure does. Probably the golden age of kit building. Buying comics at the drug store, riding my Sting Ray, listening to the Beatles, Stones, Kinks ect and building models while watching the Munsters, Green Hornet and Batman was my childhood. Such simple times. Then came girls...

8 hours ago, jpepx78 said:

Here is a kid in Kansas checking out the plastic model kits probably before Christmas in 1964. On shelf near his head are some Weird-Ohs kits.

Does this picture bring back memories?

SE Kan 1964.JPG

....... I know that kid..... I wonder if this was taken before or after he got his arse whupped in the movie "A Christmas Story" ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu