• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

Got a pm today asking if I had a Superman Krypto Ray Gun. Yes, I do. One of the first collectible toys I ever bought along with the large wooden jointed Superman doll. One of my favorite Superman items. No self respecting Supe collector should be without one of these. Saw one go on the bay a week or so for around $1,100. so cheap considering what Supe comics from 1940 go for.

supermankryptoray1a.jpg

supermankryptoray2a.jpg

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Got a pm today asking if I had a Superman Krypto Ray Gun. Yes, I do. One of the first collectible toys I ever bought along with the large wooden jointed Superman doll. One of my favorite Superman items. No self respecting Supe collector should be without one of these. Saw one go on the bay a week or so for around $1,100. so cheap considering what Supe comics from 1940 go for.

supermankryptoray1a.jpg

supermankryptoray2a.jpg

Love seeing vintage Superman pieces. :applause:

:news: Oh, wow, my 5000th post :acclaim:

Edited by sagii

20 hours ago, Robot Man said:

supermankryptoray1a.jpg

supermankryptoray2a.jpg

Bob, is the gun made of metal? Does the round end piece spin or just look like it does? Totally cool toy and was mint in the box one day a long time ago!

4 hours ago, 40YrsCollctngCmcs said:

Bob, is the gun made of metal? Does the round end piece spin or just look like it does? Totally cool toy and was mint in the box one day a long time ago!

The gun is thin pressed steel and works. The end piece does rotate. Why I don't know. I kind of like the condition it is in now. Nice but used and still working. It has character and a kid had fun with it.

28 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

While I am on the subject of favorite Superman toys. These rank at the top of my list too. They have great action when wound up. Also, from 1940.

supermantintoys.jpg

Amazing! Again, love seeing vintage Superman pieces. A league all their own. 

A show report of a different sort today. This is “junking” in So CA. The Long Beach Antique Flea Market. 3rd Sunday every month. Probably the biggest one in LA. This joint is huge. Took me 4-1/2 hours today but I did a little “chatting”. Lotta talk about the Storage Wars guy’s comic find. Here is what it looks like at 5:30 am with the trucks rolling in. 

412D6946-954F-43DE-B90F-70CC5E08793B.jpeg

A93CDCE6-C218-434B-9A2E-86E9DF403B54.jpeg

CECF126D-9849-40B8-B76D-F39ADCD0B171.jpeg