• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Son of My 50 Year Junk Obsession
16 16

3,112 posts in this topic

On 4/16/2018 at 11:06 AM, Robot Man said:

Never read either of them. Looking forward to cracking them open. Actually, my favorites were the war ones. My favorite DCs as a kid. And the Archie with the robot cover. Says he has a lot more including Sgt Rock :wishluck:

I've been trying to pick up the Archie's with sci-fi covers (and I think this one qualifies).  I don't know if there is a list of them somewhere.  I've been going after them haphazardly.  

On 4/15/2018 at 5:04 PM, Robot Man said:

A show report of a different sort today. This is “junking” in So CA. The Long Beach Antique Flea Market. 3rd Sunday every month. Probably the biggest one in LA. This joint is huge. Took me 4-1/2 hours today but I did a little “chatting”. Lotta talk about the Storage Wars guy’s comic find. Here is what it looks like at 5:30 am with the trucks rolling in. 

412D6946-954F-43DE-B90F-70CC5E08793B.jpeg

A93CDCE6-C218-434B-9A2E-86E9DF403B54.jpeg

CECF126D-9849-40B8-B76D-F39ADCD0B171.jpeg

I guess the old saying is true:  The early Robot Man catches the wind-up toys. 

On 4/15/2018 at 2:30 PM, Robot Man said:

I always hit Nathan. He has quality stuff usually. Once in a while even some comics & pulps. None I wanted today. He wanted too much for that cool Distler Porsche so I said Hi and walked.

53E6E4E2-8EE9-458D-BBEE-47C19B8391C9.jpeg

FA461B83-5A7E-4E17-8C5B-5932F3AF7C2D.jpeg

AA3C746D-BFE0-4B29-BCAC-09B825C529A3.jpeg

Nice to cross paths with you today Bob. I hope you picked those graded cgc books that day! ;) 

On 4/16/2018 at 4:05 PM, Robot Man said:

Thanks Hap. Wow, could that cover be any worse? What a money grab all the way around. I literally have every issue of the original but am done. It's a wonder it hung around as long as it did. Insides any better? I think the only way I will get that is if it comes to me via my subscription which ends now. Gaines, Feldstein, Freas, Mingo and the rest of the usual gang of i dots are probably rolling in their graves...:facepalm:

i picked Mad #1 off the rack at Whole Foods last week on a whim. Read about two pages and threw it out the front door where it remains. When will I ever learn in regards to impulse buys?

3 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:
On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 2:30 PM, Robot Man said:

I always hit Nathan. He has quality stuff usually. Once in a while even some comics & pulps. None I wanted today. He wanted too much for that cool Distler Porsche so I said Hi and walked.

53E6E4E2-8EE9-458D-BBEE-47C19B8391C9.jpeg

Wow Robot-Man that's the 1st  Distler Porsche  worth 25-30K I think 20K was more than fair.(shrug) :whistle::popcorn:

8 hours ago, NoMan said:

i picked Mad #1 off the rack at Whole Foods last week on a whim. Read about two pages and threw it out the front door where it remains. When will I ever learn in regards to impulse buys?

To be fair, check out the whole thing. For years MAD has been slipping. I have to say there were some features that paid tribute to the earlier magazine that were quite fun. That being said, I'm done with it.