• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JAMES BOND: NO TIME TO DIE starring Daniel Craig (2021)
2 2

466 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2021 at 9:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

Oh boy!

:ohnoez::ohnoez::ohnoez:

I know. I’m seeing mixed reviews out there so there’s hope I will enjoy it. I know it won’t break any pandemic records. I heard the highest grossing film of the year is the latest Fast and Furious movie, (I have no idea what number it is). 700 million worldwide or something close to that.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:45 PM, Oddball said:

I know. I’m seeing mixed reviews out there so there’s hope I will enjoy it. I know it won’t break any pandemic records. I heard the highest grossing film of the year is the latest Fast and Furious movie, (I have no idea what number it is). 700 million worldwide or something close to that.

WW_BO01.thumb.png.26143b7630572df288e7df1e075b20f6.png

On 10/8/2021 at 2:45 PM, Oddball said:

I'd really hate to see this portion of the Bond franchise go out on a mixed note.

I guess I will see for myself soon enough.

On 10/8/2021 at 2:06 PM, Oddball said:

You are delusional to think that. Other movies have surpassed the total worldwide box office of Shang-Chi and yet they didn’t save the industry because they are not Marvel movies. Do you even read what you write? If any single movie can be credited, its A Quiet Place 2. I think you’re already aware of the facts regarding its box office despite how cautious everyone was still being back in May. Despite the lock down restrictions just starting to ease up.  But no, a movie that just got released saved the industry. You keep that ship afloat brother and protect your comic investments! You could also try Schwab.

And you're wrong. All you have to do is look at the sentiment from the CEO's of movie theaters themselves after Shang-Chi's first weekend and before. Before, it was doom and gloom as the domino effect hoped from Black Widow didn't happen. In fact, it was thought because of the new streaming trend success of Black WIdow, the multiplex was now doomed.The Delta Surge had a lot to do with the doom and gloom, too.

After Shang Chi's big opening weekend, Venom 2 moved up two weeks. AMC stock went up. CEO's of movie chains tweeted rainbows and happy thoughts. Umpteen media articles flooded the internet on Monday after proclaiming the movies are finally back. Every weekend since that first weekend has been steady business at the multiplex.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings saved the movie theater industry. You can deny and hate on Marvel all you want. But that's history.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 10/8/2021 at 2:25 PM, Icculus308win said:

I’m 43, huge Bond fan, big fan of Daniel Craig. 
Saw it last night with some buddies (also Bond fans) and we were all like wtf, we waited this long for that! Tied for last place with Quantum Solace

36 and the same boat.  I wore out the original Connery films on VHS when I was a kid.  Not only did we wait so long for that, but wholly heck, who wrote such trash?  It felt like Last Jedi.  Hey, remember how you loved this thing from Thunderball, remember that thing you loved in Goldfinger, or On Her Majesties Secret Service....see we mentioned it in this film... and then we undid ALL OF IT.  Side note, still trying to decide if "cyclopes" is some kind of tip of the hat to Emilio Largo.  

Also, from a shooting aspect that  I hated.  None of the stunts are done wide angle.  Go back and watch the old bond films.  They would wide shoot a chase scene and then tight cut to Connery sitting in a car that is CLEARLY on a set lol.  But the actual action was done.  All of the shots in the  car chase scenes were close cuts, I feel like they CGI'd much of it.  Which is a shame.  What really bothers me more than anything is that you run a 2 hour  45 minute run time (the longest bond film ever) and I should walk out of there understanding what is going on.  Operation Grandslam was simple.  Goldfinger wanted to detonate a dirty bomb he got from China inside Fort Knox to increase the value of the gold he'd been smuggling.  Pretty cut and dry bad guy stuff, and Bond needed to stop him because if not you would have financial chaos.  All of Goldfingers motivations make sense.  Emilo Largo, on behalf of Spectre, hijacks two nuclear warheads and holds the world hostage, demanding millions of dollars in diamonds for the return of the warheads.  Bond has to find the warheads to ensure the safety of the free world.  Largo's actions make sense.   Can ANYONE tell me how Remi Maleck's motivations make sense?  Do it in PM I don't care.  Hell, I'll offer a bounty.  If anyone  can explain it, I will donate $100 to the charity of their choice.  

On 10/9/2021 at 2:19 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

And you're wrong. All you have to do is look at the sentiment from the CEO's of movie theaters themselves after Shang-Chi's first weekend and before. Before, it was doom and gloom as the domino effect hoped from Black Widow didn't happen. In fact, it was thought because of the new streaming trend success of Black WIdow, the multiplex was now doomed.The Delta Surge had a lot to do with the doom and gloom, too.

After Shang Chi's big opening weekend, Venom 2 moved up two weeks. AMC stock went up. CEO's of movie chains tweeted rainbows and happy thoughts. Umpteen media articles flooded the internet on Monday after proclaiming the movies are finally back. Every weekend since that first weekend has been steady business at the multiplex.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings saved the movie theater industry. You can deny and hate on Marvel all you want. But that's history.

Just the fact that you stated that I’m hating on Marvel shows the validity of your argument. It’s a childish tactic. When you state one falsehood, it doesn’t help the rest of your points. Would you like to see how many Marvel movies I have purchased on iTunes? Or maybe a Schwab screenshot of my Disney holdings? What a ridiculous statement. 

Again, the theater industry didn’t turn itself around just last month with the release of Shang-Chi. Other movies before it had been more successful and brought in a better take at the box office. And I don’t believe those movies saved the industry either though they contributed. It was the movies released during the height of the pandemic that still brought the people out that started a course change. Movies like A Quiet Place Part II. But carry on, no one will convince you otherwise. I guess its only a matter of time before we get news stories stating that the cinemas were officially saved in September 2021 with the release of Shang-Chi. 

Edited by Oddball

On 10/8/2021 at 9:48 PM, jaybuck43 said:

36 and the same boat.  I wore out the original Connery films on VHS when I was a kid.  Not only did we wait so long for that, but wholly heck, who wrote such trash?  It felt like Last Jedi.  Hey, remember how you loved this thing from Thunderball, remember that thing you loved in Goldfinger, or On Her Majesties Secret Service....see we mentioned it in this film... and then we undid ALL OF IT.  Side note, still trying to decide if "cyclopes" is some kind of tip of the hat to Emilio Largo.  

Also, from a shooting aspect that  I hated.  None of the stunts are done wide angle.  Go back and watch the old bond films.  They would wide shoot a chase scene and then tight cut to Connery sitting in a car that is CLEARLY on a set lol.  But the actual action was done.  All of the shots in the  car chase scenes were close cuts, I feel like they CGI'd much of it.  Which is a shame.  What really bothers me more than anything is that you run a 2 hour  45 minute run time (the longest bond film ever) and I should walk out of there understanding what is going on.  Operation Grandslam was simple.  Goldfinger wanted to detonate a dirty bomb he got from China inside Fort Knox to increase the value of the gold he'd been smuggling.  Pretty cut and dry bad guy stuff, and Bond needed to stop him because if not you would have financial chaos.  All of Goldfingers motivations make sense.  Emilo Largo, on behalf of Spectre, hijacks two nuclear warheads and holds the world hostage, demanding millions of dollars in diamonds for the return of the warheads.  Bond has to find the warheads to ensure the safety of the free world.  Largo's actions make sense.   Can ANYONE tell me how Remi Maleck's motivations make sense?  Do it in PM I don't care.  Hell, I'll offer a bounty.  If anyone  can explain it, I will donate $100 to the charity of their choice.  

🙇‍♂️    
* I have no fricken clue btw

On 10/10/2021 at 12:41 PM, Oddball said:

Broke 300 million in ten days. Not too shabby for these crazy times we are in. Any chance this will beat the top spot for 2021 being F9? Hi Mom

maybe another $180MM Int'l ex China + $80MM US + China- so depends on China

Edited by paperheart

On 10/10/2021 at 3:41 PM, Oddball said:

Broke 300 million in ten days. Not too shabby for these crazy times we are in. Any chance this will beat the top spot for 2021 being F9? 

I don’t think it has legs. Plus the run time cuts down on the number of shows they can run so  less revenue.

Just got back from seeing this movie. I give it a 7 out of 10

A lot of people leaving the theater were saying  that it was a long movie,

2 hours and 35 minute does make for a long movie. That said it was

ponderers at times, but moved at a good pace. It could have been 

called,  "A life well lead or what might have been."

On 10/12/2021 at 7:05 PM, The Brain said:

Just got back from seeing this movie. I give it a 7 out of 10

Spoiler

A lot of people leaving the theater were saying  that it was a long movie,

2 hours and 35 minute does make for a long movie. That said it was

ponderers at times, but moved at a good pace. It could have been 

called,  "A life well lead or what might have been."

How crowded was it?

11:40 showing, discount Tuesday, max 50 in attendance. It was showing in 3 

theaters :

Showtimes: 

10:30 am | 11:05 | 11:40 | 11:55 | 12:15 pm | 12:55 | 1:35 | 2:10 | 2:45 | 3:20 | 3:30 | 4:35 | 5:50 | 6:25 | 7:00 | 7:35 | 8:15 | 9:30 | 10:05 | 10:35

Showtimes 3D: 

3:55 pm

I saw it in extended digital.

Edited by The Brain

Universal release, James Bond title “No Time to Die,” ruled the U.K. and Ireland box office for the second weekend in a row, but competition is waiting in the wings.

The film, Daniel Craig’s swan song as the iconic British super spy, collected £15.2 million ($20.7 million USD) and now has a mighty total of £52.6 million ($71.7 million USD).