• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JAMES BOND: NO TIME TO DIE starring Daniel Craig (2021)
2 2

466 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2021 at 10:48 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Can ANYONE tell me how Remi Maleck's motivations make sense?  Do it in PM I don't care.  Hell, I'll offer a bounty.  If anyone  can explain it, I will donate $100 to the charity of their choice.  

Challenge accepted!  Check your PMs!

Edited by Axelrod

On 10/13/2021 at 6:53 PM, Axelrod said:

Challenge accepted!  Check your PMs!

Lol I should have said I need someone to explain it so it makes sense, but you did make me laugh so it’s getting donated to the charity you pmed me lol.

Near-term release schedule:

• 7 October 2021: Egypt, New Zealand, Russia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
  • 8 October 2021: Canada, Iceland, USA
  • 29 October 2021: China  
  • 11 November 2021: Australia

So it has a China release date.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:39 PM, piper said:

I liked it a lot.

Reveal hidden contents

How are they going to write themselves out of the ending? They did say James Bond will return…

I liked most of it a lot and still find myself thinking about it a week or so later

Spoiler

The only logical assumption I can think of is that James Bond will be a name passed on from agent to agent, just as 007 has been. The ending was very un-Bond like wasn't it. Disarming in its own way as a piece of drama, but so out of step with the nature of the franchise. And undeserving, I thought. The wrong message to end a five (25) film arc on. You do all that for Queen and Country, and your reward is to die at the hands of a nut job without ever knowing your child, ever finding lasting happiness. A very, very unsatisfactory end for this man I'd grown to admire. I think that is why I am still thinking about it. There's a sense of injustice that keeps it in my thoughts.

On 10/16/2021 at 10:00 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I liked most of it a lot and still find myself thinking about it a week or so later

Hide contents

The only logical assumption I can think of is that James Bond will be a name passed on from agent to agent, just as 007 has been. The ending was very un-Bond like wasn't it. Disarming in its own way as a piece of drama, but so out of step with the nature of the franchise. And undeserving, I thought. The wrong message to end a five (25) film arc on. You do all that for Queen and Country, and your reward is to die at the hands of a nut job without ever knowing your child, ever finding lasting happiness. A very, very unsatisfactory end for this man I'd grown to admire. I think that is why I am still thinking about it. There's a sense of injustice that keeps it in my thoughts.

I agree about the reward aspect.  Not enough payoff in the end... similar to a the ending for Jon Snow at Game of Thrones...  Just depressing.  

I think that's why I enjoyed the ending to Squid games, the juice was worth the squeeze. 

Edited by Wolverinex

On 10/20/2021 at 3:16 AM, Wolverinex said:
Spoiler

Still thinking about it.  Bond should be over the top escapism....Now I'm just depressed.

Spoiler

Yes. The familiar music at the end is very evocative, stays in your head and, therefore, so does the film. I travelled up to see my Mum yesterday, to commemorate the third anniversary of my Father's passing. He was unlucky and some people didn't do their job, otherwise he would still be here. I miss him. I wanted better for him.

There are a lot of films out there that successfully manage the pathos born of the unfairness of life. Deep Impact, Carlito's Way - lots of films with an unjust ending for the key protagonists although, perhaps, honourable ones. That concept does not belong in a Bond film. For sixty years we have delighted as he escapes the inescapable, soared as he wins the day. Sometimes it is tinged with tragedy and sadness, but that is the DNA of a Bond film.  Good triumphs over evil. You leave the theatre upbeat and ready again for life.

I wanted better for that character. I wanted him to find the happiness he deserved, after years of service. A better ending would have been for his female successor to have come back for him before the missiles hit. He'd protest of course, what would be the point of living if he could not touch his own daughter? He'd pass out, as you do having been shot a few times. Then, he'd awaken, among friends. Q, his friend, would give him a knowing smile and tell him it's OK as his daughter stands nervously by. Something about a reverse nano-tech discovery. He can do anything that bloke. Bond junior then rushes into her dads arms. The tears would flow.

We cut to a beach in the most wonderful location. Bond sits smiling as he watches his wife and daughter play in the sea. The waiter, free from Spectre markings, brings him his drink, shaken, not stirred, and enquires as to which bill he should add it to. "Room 007" says Bond. "And the name, Sir?" He pauses. "Leiter. James Leiter".

On 10/20/2021 at 4:50 AM, Get Marwood & I said:
  Hide contents

Yes. The familiar music at the end is very evocative, stays in your head and, therefore, so does the film. I travelled up to see my Mum yesterday, to commemorate the third anniversary of my Father's passing. He was unlucky and some people didn't do their job, otherwise he would still be here. I miss him. I wanted better for him.

There are a lot of films out there that successfully manage the pathos born of the unfairness of life. Deep Impact, Carlito's Way - lots of films with an unjust ending for the key protagonists although, perhaps, honourable ones. That concept does not belong in a Bond film. For sixty years we have delighted as he escapes the inescapable, soared as he wins the day. Sometimes it is tinged with tragedy and sadness, but that is the DNA of a Bond film.  Good triumphs over evil. You leave the theatre upbeat and ready again for life.

I wanted better for that character. I wanted him to find the happiness he deserved, after years of service. A better ending would have been for his female successor to have come back for him before the missiles hit. He'd protest of course, what would be the point of living if he could not touch his own daughter? He'd pass out, as you do having been shot a few times. Then, he'd awaken, among friends. Q, his friend, would give him a knowing smile and tell him it's OK as his daughter stands nervously by. Something about a reverse nano-tech discovery. He can do anything that bloke. Bond junior then rushes into her dads arms. The tears would flow.

We cut to a beach in the most wonderful location. Bond sits smiling as he watches his wife and daughter play in the sea. The waiter, free from Spectre markings, brings him his drink, shaken, not stirred, and enquires as to which bill he should add it to. "Room 007" says Bond. "And the name, Sir?" He pauses. "Leiter. James Leiter".

Totally agree... what a way to destroy Craig's run

On 10/22/2021 at 3:18 AM, Wolverinex said:

Totally agree... what a way to destroy Craig's run

I can see why they did it. Things have to develop to survive, but if you stray too far from the guts of a thing, you run the risk that it's no longer that thing. See also Doctor Who - sixty years of history torn up by one clumsy pair of hands, one person who couldn't stay faithful to the original premise and had to deliver 'their take', their shocking twist. Once the dust settles on that shock though, all that is left is an enduring sense that something big was sacrificed for something small. A bit like Mallory's desk. And, as I've said, that shock leaves you - well, left me - with a deep sense of injustice. I can get that every day just by engaging with the real world. I didn't want it in a Bond film.