• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,552 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Robot Man said:

adfigurereddykillowatt.jpg

I love me some Reddy. That wood-jointed Mr. Peanut is a treasure as well. Staring at that GE figure, it takes all my imagination to see the Parrish influence, but after a while... yeah, maybe. Nothing obvious a la Knave of Hearts or Edison Mazda-esque, but maybe a little sumptin-sumptin.

Edited by PopKulture

1 hour ago, Flex Mentallo said:

I've always loved aircraft and collected various books, models and comics down the years. I still have a handful of these Franklin Mint die cast replicas.

20170806_215017.jpg

20170806_215056.jpg

P-38, my favorite plane follow quickly by the P-61

12 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I collect books.  Comic books just happen to be the biggest sub-set within the book collection.

Any other Oz fans in here?

Oz.jpg

That's a great set of Oz books there!  The interior art on those always blows my mind!!  So bizarre...

1 hour ago, OtherEric said:

I collect books.  Comic books just happen to be the biggest sub-set within the book collection.

Any other Oz fans in here?

Oz.jpg

I was a big OZ fan as a kid.  Have a few of the copies my parents bought for my older brother.  They were inexpensive reprints that lacked the color plates.  Some years ago, I bought the Books of Wonder reprints, which include the color plates, to read to my kids when they were young.  Still get a kick out of them.  Dorothy and the Wizard of OZ (fourth book in the series, I think) is probably my favorite.

5 hours ago, damonwad said:

A lot of neat and diverse collections shown so far.

I collect Lone Ranger stuff, 19th century Yellowstone stereo views  and Classics Illustrated wire display racks and fanzines.

Here are my CI display racks.

59876cfe64677_CIRack-1.thumb.JPG.2ff4c0266035c2b8c4f3ebfa469cdb8a.JPG59876d4a4cd9e_CIRack-2.thumb.JPG.778a49b279c208da5f85b38b982cee8b.JPG

59876d796b75e_CIRack-3.thumb.JPG.cf8f57101314cdab75ed4e14e5211178.JPG59876dacb06e6_CIRack-4.thumb.JPG.0e017f7f8c0517f2b6535d3158100ef2.JPG

Great stuff!  Love the vintage display racks.  Have you assembled a complete set of the originals? 

I'm not familiar with the Jones book.  Good?

53 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Great stuff!  Love the vintage display racks.  Have you assembled a complete set of the originals? 

I'm not familiar with the Jones book.  Good?

Thanks Sqeggs. I used to have a low grade original set but sold them. I've since built it back up to about 130 of the 169 originals and about 40 of the new cover/interior issues in 7.0 and above. Missing most of the first 20 but not in a hurry to get them as the prices aren't shooting up any time soon.

The Jones book (2nd edition) was recommended to me by Scrooge and I like it a lot. Excellent info on the history of the company and the artists.