• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What else do you collect??
18 18

1,547 posts in this topic

Wow, I don't even know where to start.

Obviously, I collect comics - probably 8-10,000 if I were to guess.

I have a large number of celebrity autographs.

I have some movie props - nothing too terribly noteworthy.

I have a few cars.

I have a growing collection of watches.

I have a bunch of 1/18 scale die cast cars.

I have probably 5,000 DVD/Blu-Ray movies

I could probably keep going for a while, but will leave it at that.

PDG

On 4/26/2022 at 3:03 PM, PDGray said:

I have a few cars.

PDG

Any favorites you’d be willing to share?  hm

On 4/26/2022 at 11:38 AM, Robot Man said:

Love the game board. So graphic and framable. I have a number of early ones myself. 

The Victorian era boards are beautiful examples of early lithography, and the themes almost always remind me of the virtues espoused in any Horatio Alger book of the era. 

On 4/26/2022 at 3:03 PM, PDGray said:

I have a few cars.

PDG

I'd love to see some of the watches!

Edited by 143ksk

On 4/27/2022 at 4:43 AM, PDGray said:

Here are a few of my favorite watches and my favorite car- I might can take some other photos of the other stuff later if someone likes.  The first is my 2021 Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116503, the next is my 1990 Rolex Submariner-Date, the third is my 1961 Rolex Oyster Perpetual (it still has the original strap), then my 1961 Omega Seamaster.  Then my non-watch photo - my 1985 Ferrari 308 GTSi Quattrovalvole.

PDG

20210423_123457.jpg

20210701_124733.jpg

20210918_182605_resized.jpg

20211010_145711_resized.jpg

SSPX0385 resize.jpg

Nice, but flash that stuff around in West LA and you are very likely to get a gun shoved in your face…:sorry:

On 4/27/2022 at 9:41 AM, Robot Man said:

Nice, but flash that stuff around in West LA and you are very likely to get a gun shoved in your face…:sorry:

The last few months I have worn my Rolexes less and less because they are appreciating faster and faster - it is absurd.  I am wearing my Submariner today though.  I live in a mostly rural area and nobody pays attention to whatever watch I have on.  The Ferrari is in the garage not running properly.  I have to have some time to work on it and get it sorted.  Nobody near me knows how to work on it unfortunately.

PDG

On 4/27/2022 at 11:10 AM, PDGray said:

The last few months I have worn my Rolexes less and less because they are appreciating faster and faster - it is absurd.  I am wearing my Submariner today though.  I live in a mostly rural area and nobody pays attention to whatever watch I have on.  The Ferrari is in the garage not running properly.  I have to have some time to work on it and get it sorted.  Nobody near me knows how to work on it unfortunately.

PDG

its a cool car, congrats.   Magnum would be proud.    Looks just as nice black as red I see.

Edited by Bronty

On 4/27/2022 at 10:14 AM, Bronty said:

its a cool car, congrats.   Magnum would be proud.    Looks just as nice black as red I see.

The story is when I was about 10 years old my dad was a police officer.  He was patroling around my hometown and found one parked in front of a house.  When he got off work he came and picked me up and drove me over to see that red 308.  I thought it was the most beautiful car I had ever seen and I really wanted one.  This was in the days before Magnum PI was a thing.  My career choices were not in line with being able to afford a Ferrari, but I worked hard to get there.  Well, I bought it before I turned 40 and have had it now for about 13 years.  It has been so much fun.  It's heartbreaking that I haven't been able to drive it in a while.  I brought my son and youngest daughter home from the hospital in that car, so that 80 years from now they can tell their kids that their first car ride ever was in a Ferrari.

I had been contacted a couple of times by people who believe my car appeared in an episode or two of Magnum.  I can't substantiate that, but I do believe it was used as a secondary car in the video for Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55.'  Sammy drove his 512BB for the video (he still owns the car), but there are scenes which definitely have a black 308.  My car was in that location around that time.  It has been in 4-5 TV shows since I have owned it, so it has a really cool, amazing history.

Finally, I absolutely LOVE Magnum PI.  I wear the Hawaiian/Aloha shirts virtually every day - just because I can.  I own just about every one of the shirts that he wore in the series.  

PDG

That's great man.   I was pretty young when Magnum was on but there's no doubt that car and the show in general were on fire for a while.   I loved both although my older brother (more your age) probably loved it even more.

Cool idea about taking your kids home in it.

Edited by Bronty

On 4/27/2022 at 9:22 AM, PDGray said:

The story is when I was about 10 years old my dad was a police officer.  He was patroling around my hometown and found one parked in front of a house.  When he got off work he came and picked me up and drove me over to see that red 308.  I thought it was the most beautiful car I had ever seen and I really wanted one.  This was in the days before Magnum PI was a thing.  My career choices were not in line with being able to afford a Ferrari, but I worked hard to get there.  Well, I bought it before I turned 40 and have had it now for about 13 years.  It has been so much fun.  It's heartbreaking that I haven't been able to drive it in a while.  I brought my son and youngest daughter home from the hospital in that car, so that 80 years from now they can tell their kids that their first car ride ever was in a Ferrari.

I had been contacted a couple of times by people who believe my car appeared in an episode or two of Magnum.  I can't substantiate that, but I do believe it was used as a secondary car in the video for Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55.'  Sammy drove his 512BB for the video (he still owns the car), but there are scenes which definitely have a black 308.  My car was in that location around that time.  It has been in 4-5 TV shows since I have owned it, so it has a really cool, amazing history.

Finally, I absolutely LOVE Magnum PI.  I wear the Hawaiian/Aloha shirts virtually every day - just because I can.  I own just about every one of the shirts that he wore in the series.  

PDG

Great story. I can tell you really love that car. I have a nice vintage muscle car and a couple post war motorcycles. I can share your love for speed. I also like the fact you work on it yourself. True dedication. I do the same.

My love for them was translated to my younger daughter. She has a Boss 302 Mustang. It is her pride and joy. Her husband has a nice Camaro. They both work on them too.

Get that beauty back on the road!

Nice watches! This was my dad's Omega that he got in Switzerland when he was in the army. He gave it to me when I graduated from college. He wore it every day, I had to take it off for the picture. It's meant to be worn with the face under your wrist, s notice where the 12 is. It's been fixed a few times, but the band is original. 

20220427_145704.jpg