• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL 3 (2020)
7 7

864 posts in this topic

On 5/1/2023 at 9:32 AM, media_junkie said:

This is at best a D+ watch for me.

That's what the last one was so no real surprise from me.  Gunn movies so far have been highly competent but never great.

imagine how many dceu's we would have dropped the coins at the box office window to see if rt 78% was below our standards.   i think i could retire 6 mos. earlier than currently planned.

Edited by Straw-Man

On 5/1/2023 at 5:03 PM, Straw-Man said:

imagine how many dceu's we would have dropped the coins at the box office window to see if rt 78% was below our standards.   i think i could retire 6 mos. earlier than currently planned.

You think a comedic Warlock is a good idea?

On 5/2/2023 at 12:13 AM, Larryw7 said:

You think a comedic Warlock is a good idea?

And they'd probably decide to turn The Magus into a Joker-like character as well, just to ruin things as much as possible.

Let's hope not.

On 5/2/2023 at 1:01 AM, Artboy99 said:

I don't recall Warlock's character in the comics as one that is for laughs. This is a major mistake Marvel keeps making: straying very far from the character that is known and established usually for jokes.

Starlin's stories were laugh aloud fun...

AvengersAnnual70015.jpg

(Hardly)

Edited by Ken Aldred

Well, turns out I can't see this this weekend.  So now I have to try and stay unspoiled for another week at least.  Probably not looking back in here!

Wow - I thought this was a guaranteed home run of a movie.  The weather looks a bit iffy so we will probably see it so I'll hold off judgement.

Edited by 1Cool

On 5/2/2023 at 3:02 PM, media_junkie said:

Wow, they keep dropping the opening weekend numbers.

C’mon, everyone knows Deadline is the official box office low baller and they’re at $130M. 

Deadline lowball secured lol

Filmmaker James Gunn’s Marvel Studios swan song, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, is blasting off this weekend, the de facto start of the summer box office, with an eye at $250M worldwide. Of that, $110M is coming from domestic and $140M from overseas.

Edited by paperheart