• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.4 All-Star 8 up for auction
2 2

258 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, Bronty said:

To throw a different spin on it though, it currently only double what suspense 3 or fantastic 3 in similar grades went for, and those books have absolutely nothing going for them other than popular covers.  (Also-ran titles from also-ran publishers!).

I'd be much more nervous about the Suspense 3 or Fantastic 3 prices than the AS 8, S 1 or WW 1.  I would not trade this top census WW 1, especially with the cool historical provenance and extras, for one of the top two Suspense 3s.  It's not even one of my favorite Alex S. covers! 

19 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

AS8 @ 555K

Bidder i***s sure has some interesting bids in. $333,333.33 and $555,555.55. Who bids like that ? ???

I could be wrong but Pristine just might take a hard hit on the WW1. We'll see in 41hrs

I bid exactly like that!

13 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Auction ends at 5 pm (Pacific).   Current leader u***d has placed zero bids before 5 pm (Pacific).

He's also what I call a "double-high bidder", meaning not only is his immediate bid ahead of i***s, but that he has placed an additional bid on top of it that exceeds the current bid.

The Sensation has moved to 302. WW1 still stagnant at 139 :eek:

No doubt the WW will move up a whole lot, but will it come close to what it hammered on CC.

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The Sensation has moved to 302. WW1 still stagnant at 139 :eek:

No doubt the WW will move up a whole lot, but will it come close to what it hammered on CC.

I'd be surprised if it didn't given recent market prices and buzz around WW.  Does the fact that it's an ebay auction impact the final price? 

Gotham thats a nice sig line you've got!  (thumbsu

2 hours ago, drotto said:
4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

By the way that behaived there was at least one high autobid that had been sitting there, and one or more people tried to snipe in a final high bid.

Instead of having this auction end in a last second snipe fest with what happens on eBay and CL auctions, I think it would be a lot more fun and interesting to watch it in the CC auction format with the 3-minute extended time period bidding process. 

38 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

this collection was bought by a comic book collector...Pristine did not fine them

Huh? Are you saying this (and the Sensation #1) aren't from an OO collection and that they have been on the market before?

Who cares if a collector found them or pristine. The fact is that it is a new OO collection that has surfaced and contains some highest graded keys.