• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.4 All-Star 8 up for auction
2 2

258 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

Huh? Are you saying this (and the Sensation #1) aren't from an OO collection and that they have been on the market before?

Who cares if a collector found them or pristine. The fact is that it is a new OO collection that has surfaced and contains some highest graded keys.

it not like Billy Wright...it was part of a existing collection...from what I understand, WW1 broke 141K

Edited by Mmehdy

4 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

it not like Billy Wright...it was part of a existing collection...from what I understand

ok, so which part of this story is pristine lying about?

He took the books straight to his home, where some were read, and others lay undisturbed for 70+ years. In all, the collection consists of approximately 400 books and focused on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, along with other Golden Age heroes. The books remained in the same home for the remainder of his life.

• 1941 – 1945
  • Magazine Distributor --- Store Owner --- Attic
  • Same Location --- 70 plus years later

2 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

ok, so which part of this story is pristine lying about?

He took the books straight to his home, where some were read, and others lay undisturbed for 70+ years. In all, the collection consists of approximately 400 books and focused on Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman, along with other Golden Age heroes. The books remained in the same home for the remainder of his life.

• 1941 – 1945
  • Magazine Distributor --- Store Owner --- Attic
  • Same Location --- 70 plus years later

but I thought a collector bought, rather than a straight  consignment from the family?...different than billy wright?

Edited by Mmehdy

2 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

but I thought a collector bought, rather than a straight  consignment from the family?

So in summary, it's an OO collection that has surfaced after being stored away for 70+ years.

if the family called Pristine, or a collector purchased them first and brought them to Pristine it's the same result - an OO collection with some high grade keys has come to market.  (Though I would like to know the story on some of the rejected CGC submissions like; Superman #14, Whiz #25, Master #21, etc..)

"He took the books straight to his home, where some were read, and others lay undisturbed for 702+ years." 

Sounds like Indiana Jones may have found them.

On 8/26/2017 at 10:17 AM, sfcityduck said:

One day to go!  Spread now $555K/$252K/$137K.  

We have a new bidder entering the fray late last night, 10:42 p.m. (Pacific)/7:42 p.m. (Hawaii)/1:42 p.m. (Hong Kong)/8:42 a.m. (Qatar), 6:42 a.m. (London), who took the lead: u***d.  The prior bid leader i***s had placed his/her $555,555.55 bid back on 8/18.   It took u***d two bids to top out i***s, so u***d probably has not bid his final amount.  Will i***s bid again?  Or are we nearing the end?  We'll see soon enough.  

SC22 $1.5M to $2M

Szavisca $1.3M

Musteatbrains $1,111,111

Comicdonna $1.1M

DarkKnight $1.075M

Silver Surfer $1.060M

StephenKeisman $1M to $1.5M

Gadzukes $1.025M

Aman $1M+

Bronty $1M range

RobReact $1M range

Sagii $1M

ClarkKentDDS $900K

Showcase22gr1959 $876K

RIP $875K to $1.225M

TheSurgeon $832K

MMehdy $777,777

Gotham Kid $750K to $1M

Theone29 $750K to $M

Johnny545 $695K

Pemart1966 $675K

sfcityduck $600K range

WooWoo $500K

Bedrock $400k (to $10M)

Gator $399K (to $10M +$1)

All in all I think our group did a great job with our guesses.

16 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Screenshots of final action

image.png

image.png

Looks like the AS 8 did a $300,000 bump for a 50% increase in the last hour and a half of the bidding.

Wonder if the WW 1 will be able to do an 100% increase in this same wind down to the auction or it's going to be a loss leader that Adams will have to absorb.  hm

1 minute ago, Kevin76 said:

I can't imagine what the price would be if a Detective 27 9.4 was to ever be auctioned off.  4-5 million?  

The 9.2 has already been talked about in the 4-5 mil range so I'm thinking much higher

7 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

I can't imagine what the price would be if a Detective 27 9.4 was to ever be auctioned off.  4-5 million?  

:censored: you would have to put a diaper on Peter if it was a 9.4 Tec 27 lol :hi: Peter.:cry:

th39MA2T13.jpg

Edited by woowoo