• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

9.4 All-Star 8 up for auction
2 2

258 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, stephankeisman said:

veteran here, all star 8  rarer then  both other ww books.

I would respectfully disagree, at least in the public marketplace. Sensation 1 is statistically significantly scarcer than either as8 or ww1 (both seem about even )

that said, no changing the fact that as8 is the "first" 

7 hours ago, jabats said:

I thought Sensation 1 had a lower census? I could be mistaken...

About 45% lower iirc. And considerably scarcer in the marketplace over last 15+ years. 

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I would respectfully disagree, at least in the public marketplace. Sensation 1 is statistically significantly scarcer than either as8 or ww1 (both seem about even )

Agreed, Sensation #1 is the toughest of the three issues to find a copy of. One thing is for sure, all 3 are RARE above 9.0! Now seems to be the best time in Wonder Woman's history to be selling.  She's more popular than ever. It will be interesting to see how high these go & if it takes "investor" money or "collector" money to raise the bar.

Edited by Timely

SC22 $1.5M to $2M

Szavisca $1.3M

Musteatbrains $1,111,111

Aman $1M+

Bronty $1M range

RobReact $1M range

Sagii $1M

ClarkKentDDS $900K

RIP $875K to $1.225M

TheSurgeon $832K

MMehdy $777,777

Gotham Kid $750K to $1M

sfcityduck $600K range

WooWoo $500K

Bedrock $400k (to $10M)

Edited by sfcityduck

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

The spread is now $400K/$200K/$130K.  Big jump for the S 1, with no movement in the AS 8.  When Gator speaks, people listen.

I'm not going to be surprised in the final spread between the AS 8 and the S 1 is around 2:1.  I am going to be surprised if the spread between the S 1 and WW 1 doesn't tighten up.  Not only is this the highest graded and white WW 1, but the historical extras with this book are one of a kind and it has a historical cache that cannot be duplicated.  So I'm expecting final prices to reflect a more compressed spread something like $600K/$310K/$280K.

17 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

The spread is now $400K/$200K/$130K.  Big jump for the S 1, with no movement in the AS 8.  When Gator speaks, people listen.

I'm not going to be surprised in the final spread between the AS 8 and the S 1 is around 2:1.  I am going to be surprised if the spread between the S 1 and WW 1 doesn't tighten up.  Not only is this the highest graded and white WW 1, but the historical extras with this book are one of a kind and it has a historical cache that cannot be duplicated.  So I'm expecting final prices to reflect a more compressed spread something like $600K/$310K/$280K.

Also, the Church Wonder Woman #1 is missing so that's not hanging over anything. 

I agree with the long time members here that Sen 1 is the rarest book out of the three.  Just take a quick look at all the auction sites and you will see more AS 8 and WW 1 for sale than Sen 1.  In fact, I do not see one copy of Sen 1 for sale publicly except for the HG one on ebay.  Last public sale for a Sen 1 may have been the CGC 5.0 on CL that sold for $30k.  Here are my predictions:

AS 8 - $1.075 mil

Sen 1 - $889k

WW 1 - $625k

Spread now $400K/$251K/$136K.  

SC22 $1.5M to $2M

Szavisca $1.3M

Musteatbrains $1,111,111

Comicdonna $1.1M

DarkKnight $1.075M

Silver Surfer $1.060M

StephenKeisman $1M to $1.5M

Aman $1M+

Bronty $1M range

RobReact $1M range

Sagii $1M

ClarkKentDDS $900K

RIP $875K to $1.225M

TheSurgeon $832K

MMehdy $777,777

Gotham Kid $750K to $1M

Johnny545 $695K

Pemart1966 $675K

sfcityduck $600K range

WooWoo $500K

Bedrock $400k (to $10M)

4 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Bedrock $400k (to $10M)

Since Richard has already placed his winning bid a long time ago, the real question to ask is how much is the under bidder willing to go up to in order to activate the winning bid?  hm  lol

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Since Richard has already placed his winning bid a long time ago, the real question to ask is how much is the under bidder willing to go up to in order to activate the winning bid?  hm  lol

Hmmm .... Gator said $399K and Bedrock $400K and the book's stuck at $400K.  hm