• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

40 years of Edgar Church/Mile High copies
1 1

338 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, buttock said:

This is the first Church book I ever got.  I remember reading about this issue back in the old CBM IIRC, I think Pat Kochanek had an article on this as his absolute favorite of all his Church books.  It's certainly not my least favorite.

boy commandos 9 mh.jpg

Love that issue. Hard to believe that Edgar had such a complete collection. Apparently, this newstand only received one copy of this issue...

3 hours ago, buttock said:

This is the first Church book I ever got.  I remember reading about this issue back in the old CBM IIRC, I think Pat Kochanek had an article on this as his absolute favorite of all his Church books.  It's certainly not my least favorite.

boy commandos 9 mh.jpg

Classic cover, Simon and Kirby, used in Gerber pic (worship)

Edited by DarkKnightReturns
sp.

10 hours ago, DarkKnightReturns said:
14 hours ago, buttock said:

boy commandos 9 mh.jpg

Classic cover, Simon and Kirby, used in Gerber pic (worship)

Yeah, I agree.  Not a book that gets much love in the classic cover discussions, but it's one of my favorites.  Maybe an indication of how out of fashion S&K are these days.  

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Edgar didn't have many Four Colors, did he?

Not many.  Heritage offered a small selection three years ago.

21 minutes ago, Montezuma said:

He didn't seem to have a lot of Dells, rumor was that they had already been trashed before Chuck got there.

222.jpg

197.jpg

I seem to remember reading that in Chuck's account of the find.