• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

I hope we get a JSA film out of this. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I hope that even if the film is coming across as mediocre that the audience connects with the Justice Society. I want to see Hourman and Starman on the big screen! 

On 10/21/2022 at 7:52 AM, Cat said:

I hope we get a JSA film out of this. Sorry to sound like a broken record, but I hope that even if the film is coming across as mediocre that the audience connects with the Justice Society. I want to see Hourman and Starman on the big screen! 

Stargirl was going to be in the movie. But the previous WB executive team denied the request due to the CW/HBO show playing at the same time.

Many moviegoers are saying they want to see much more of the JSA. Which is great.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:54 PM, Bosco685 said:

Stargirl was going to be in the movie. But the previous WB executive team denied the request due to the CW/HBO show playing at the same time.

Many moviegoers are saying they want to see much more of the JSA. Which is great.

That's good to hear, and yeah, I know Stargirl is more likely than Starman, but I can dream. Maybe her show will mean we do get him? 

On 10/21/2022 at 7:55 AM, Cat said:

That's good to hear, and yeah, I know Stargirl is more likely than Starman, but I can dream. Maybe her show will mean we do get him? 

which Starman? In the show the have Sylvester Pembleton I think. Jack Knight doesn't seem to exist (I only watched 1-2 episodes in the beginning though). Not sure about Ted Knight.

On 10/21/2022 at 7:55 AM, Cat said:

The show made Starman (Joel McHale) a regular this season. And I have been surprised how solid and intense his performance has been.

Well worth watching.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:44 PM, Bird said:

which Starman? In the show the have Sylvester Pembleton I think. Jack Knight doesn't seem to exist (I only watched 1-2 episodes in the beginning though). Not sure about Ted Knight.

I'd like to see Ted, ideally. I know that's a longshot though. 

On 10/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, Jaydogrules said:

I see. 

So it basically was exactly what it sounded like lol - a "review" penned by a WB executive.   

Well thank you for the info on her at least.   

-J.

Honestly, if you follow Gail for even a single day (which I recommend doing, but watch out for her troll side that riles fake-fanboys up everyday) on Twitter you would see how off the idea of her shilling for WB is (at least that was the implication I got from your comment because she is in the industry). 

She is one of the few vocal positive and passionate comic book creators online - her review sounds more like what I'm seeing from fans, not critics, and might be one of the more honest reviews posted thus far. More often than not she gets passionate about finally seeing characters come to life on screen and will always try to cast a positive light on these movies regardless of what the critics are saying due to that joy alone.

On 10/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, Jaydogrules said:

I see. 

So it basically was exactly what it sounded like lol - a "review" penned by a WB executive.   

Well thank you for the info on her at least.   

-J.

I'm telling you. One day you will come out from that knowledge rock barrier and be blown away what you learn. It is going to be incredible!

She is an independent writer that has gone from DC to Oni Press to Dark Horse Comics to Dynamite.

On 10/21/2022 at 6:17 PM, Bosco685 said:

She is an independent writer that has gone from DC to Oni Press to Dark Horse Comics to Dynamite.

And she's really good. I like a lot of her material.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/21/2022 at 1:24 PM, Lpgk said:

there is no way anyone can compare Black Adam to Eternals or Green Lantern. Not even close. 

I agree. Eternals was so bad, within 15 minutes I fast forwarded to the end credit scenes. Black Adam can’t possibly be that bad - I do believe that the Rock himself could at least keep it watchable.

And the fact that none of these people reviewing them have any impact on the other movies you will or will not see

great this critic thought Black Adam was a sewer, will you go see one that they recommend instead?