• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK ADAM starring Dwayne Johnson (TBD)
7 7

1,456 posts in this topic

Bosco's probably beaten me to this, but Black Adam made 25 million on Friday, making it Johnston's best opener ever. 

https://deadline.com/2022/10/box-office-black-adam-dwayne-johnson-1235151785/

On 10/22/2022 at 5:31 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Now down to 42% positive on Rotten Tomatoes.

It's the answer! :idea:

But - valiantly keeping just out of Justice League (39%) and Batman Forever (39%) territory. Phew!

B+ Cinemascore, so it's as good as Justice League & Suicide Squad

Edited by paperheart

Who cares about critic or audience scores?

Let's talk about the money.  

Even if this gets to $65MM for the weekend, that's still less than half what batman made , on the same budget, and only $10MM more than what Shazam made 3 years ago on half the budget which didn't have "The Rock" in it.  

These certainly are "flop" numbers in the making.  

-J.

On 10/22/2022 at 12:00 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Who cares about critic or audience scores?

Let's talk about the money.  

Even if this gets to $65MM for the weekend, that's still less than half what batman made , on the same budget, and only $10MM more than what Shazam made 3 years ago on half the budget which didn't have "The Rock" in it.  

These certainly are "flop" numbers in the making.  

-J.

But have you researched Gail Simone yet? Inquiring minds want to know.

:baiting:

Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam flew to $26.8 million at the Friday box office — including $7.6 million in Thursday previews for a projected $60 million-plus opening. Some think it could clear $64 million depending upon whether families show up in force.

While $60 million-plus would be among Johnson’s biggest box office debuts in a leading role, it’s a relatively modest start for a superhero pic. At the same time, his films are known to have especially strong multiples (which it will need to cover a production budget in the $195 million to $200 million range, including reshoots).

On 10/23/2022 at 2:18 AM, Jaydogrules said:

I have !   

Props to her and thanks for keying me in on her.  

-J.

I highly recommend her Secret Six run. The original, not the New 52 reboot one. 

On 10/22/2022 at 12:35 PM, Bosco685 said:

Or, we have a professional perform the analysis instead of comparing oddball orange/apple mixes.

I was going to say 

there is super hero fatigue which impacts anything not familiar