• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK WIDOW: THE MOVIE (TBD)
4 4

2,016 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Maybe the filmmakers have different theories of the ultimate consequences of time travel in the MCU, but it’s still not an issue that affects the story of Endgame or create a plot hole.

Yes, it does. 2 Captain Americas could not exist in the Earth-616/199999 reality based on the consistent exposition of the characters.

Edited by Angel of Death

9 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Maybe the filmmakers have different theories of the ultimate consequences of time travel in the MCU, but it’s still not an issue that affects the story of Endgame or create a plot hole.

Yet many articles called out how the screenwriters of the movie and the directors of the film couldn't keep the story straight on time travel.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

It is nice to see you appreciate the movie so much. Nothing wrong with that. But your conviction is to the point you will detract from any other MCU film to prove your point. To the point it detracts from your message. Kind of like Gatsy inserting the 'DC vs MCU' distractor when he isn't winning out with anything close to a valid point.

Endgame's Writers & Directors Don't Agree How Time Travel Works

Even with the use of time travel, the creators of the film couldn't keep their stories straight what the foundational approach was to the topic (and results). That's very revealing when in the end they are not aligned. Meanwhile, you had none of that coming up regularly in articles with the creators of Captain America: The Winter Soldier having to over-explain and clarify details.

:foryou:

That's the indicator there was confusion.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Yet many articles called out how the screenwriters of the movie and the directors of the film couldn't keep the story straight on time travel.

That's the indicator there was confusion.

I doesn’t matter what the Russos or the writers said in interviews. What matters to the story of Endgame is what’s explained in the movie itself, particularly by Scott Lang, Tony Stark Bruce Banner and the Ancient One.

12 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I doesn’t matter what the Russos or the writers said in interviews. What matters to the story of Endgame is what’s explained in the movie itself, particularly by Scott Lang, Tony Stark Bruce Banner and the Ancient One.

They had to do multiple articles to clarify what took place.

You know. The rule that is applied to other studios, "If you have to do multiple articles afterwards to explain your movie then you didn't do it right!"

:nyah:

55 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

They had to do multiple articles to clarify what took place.

You know. The rule that is applied to other studios, "If you have to do multiple articles afterwards to explain your movie then you didn't do it right!"

:nyah:

All that was needed to know about time travel for the plot of Endgame to work is that Tony Stark developed a device to allow the Avengers to navigate time and space entry and exit points from the Quantum Realm. What Steve Rogers did in the past and how he shows up at the end has nothing to do with larger three act plot of Endgame itself. Think of that old Steve Rogers scene as an epilogue end credits scene. Mephisto could have poofed him there for all that counts.Everything we needed to know about time travel pertaining to the Avengers' mission to undo Thanos and bring everyone back was explained just fine in the movie.

It seems to me the questions everyone was asking was pertaining to things outside the movie, particularly how did old Steve come back? Was he here the whole time or did he come from another timeline? Is Sharon Carter his daughter? Was it Mephisto all along? All nice questions but irrelevant to the main plot of Avengers Endgame.

46 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

All that was needed to know about time travel for the plot of Endgame to work is that Tony Stark developed a device to allow the Avengers to navigate time and space entry and exit points from the Quantum Realm. What Steve Rogers did in the past and how he shows up at the end has nothing to do with larger three act plot of Endgame itself. Think of that old Steve Rogers scene as an epilogue end credits scene. Mephisto could have poofed him there for all that counts.Everything we needed to know about time travel pertaining to the Avengers' mission to undo Thanos and bring everyone back was explained just fine in the movie.

It seems to me the questions everyone was asking was pertaining to things outside the movie, particularly how did old Steve come back? Was he here the whole time or did he come from another timeline? Is Sharon Carter his daughter? Was it Mephisto all along? All nice questions but irrelevant to the main plot of Avengers Endgame.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) that is why a story should at least bring the audience to a point they recognize what they needed to get from the film was there. But also at this point the way Marvel Studios drops in teasers recognizing there will be details you WILL NOT get in that same movie.

But in this case, the details didn't all come together the best way. Leading to people asking so many questions and the directors and screenwriters having to over-explain.

16 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Bugs Bunny No GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Black Widow will be $29.99 with “Premiere Access” on Disney+ and available to the regular cheap Disney+ subscribers at no extra charge two months later.
Don’t pay the 30 bucks on Disney as you will not own the movie. It will be available for purchase at $29.99 on Amazon and iTunes soon after the Disney premiere. 

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

Black Widow will be $29.99 with “Premiere Access” on Disney+ and available to the regular cheap Disney+ subscribers at no extra charge two months later.
Don’t pay the 30 bucks on Disney as you will not own the movie. It will be available for purchase at $29.99 on Amazon and iTunes soon after the Disney premiere. 

Wonder if that was true for Raya as well? I'll admit I caved and bought Raya (6yr old daughter). While owning is certainly better, at least this time I can watch as many times I you want, for as long as I'm a subscriber. I think with the second Trolls I had something like 48hrs to watch it and it...and maybe was only allowed to watch it once? Can't really remember but I recall feeling annoyed with it... 

7 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Wonder if that was true for Raya as well? I'll admit I caved and bought Raya (6yr old daughter). While owning is certainly better, at least this time I can watch as many times I you want, for as long as I'm a subscriber. I think with the second Trolls I had something like 48hrs to watch it and it...and maybe was only allowed to watch it once? Can't really remember but I recall feeling annoyed with it... 

Yes, Raya is available for purchase on both Amazon and iTunes right now. But not available to Disney+ subscribers like me unless I pay the $29.99 for an early unlock of it. I have two daughters that want to see it so I’ll buy it on iTunes tonight. It’s the same price.

Edited by Oddball

21 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

New trailer

Best trailer so far. Confirms to me that, along with what I've seen from WandaVision and FWS, the MCU going forward will go deeper into its human stories than any of the previous Phases. Even though Martin Scorsese meant all franchise movies when he said Marvel movies were more like amusement park rides than real cinema, I still think Kevin Feige took that personally and wants to up their game. The MCU will be better for it.

Also Black Widow is going to save (revive) the movie theater industry, with an assist from Tom Cruise.

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Best trailer so far. Confirms to me that, along with what I've seen from WandaVision and FWS, the MCU going forward will go deeper into its human stories than any of the previous Phases. Even though Martin Scorsese meant all franchise movies when he said Marvel movies were more like amusement park rides than real cinema, I still think Kevin Feige took that personally and wants to up their game. The MCU will be better for it.

Also Black Widow is going to save (revive) the movie theater industry, with an assist from Tom Cruise.

Godzilla vs Kong has done surprisingly well in the movies so far. $151 million WW Box Office so far is very respectable with Europe locked down, about 30% theaters closed, and seating at 25% to 50% depending on the state.  I hope the trend continues, but this movie may be signaling a comeback.  Black Widow will hopefully get even more steam. 

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I guarantee you Kevin Feige with a $23B franchise could care less what any other producer or director has to say about Marvel Studios or comic book films in general. You seem fixated on this more than he ever will.

As far as Black Widow reviving the theater industry - sorry. Godzilla vs Kong took care of those domestically and internationally. :headbang:

37 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I guarantee you Kevin Feige with a $23B franchise could care less what any other producer or director has to say about Marvel Studios or comic book films in general. You seem fixated on this more than he ever will.

As far as Black Widow reviving the theater industry - sorry. Godzilla vs Kong took care of those domestically and internationally. :headbang:

GvK did respectable numbers in China and moderately decent numbers here, but it's not going to be enough to create the major habit change of global audiences going to the movies that's needed to truly call this the revival of the movie theater industry. Regal, Cinemark, and AMC can open every theater in America if they want, but it's still too soon. The world is still in the pandemic. Vaccines aren't even fully available U.S. nationwide yet. After this weekend, I predict a major falloff in theater attendance for anything. China is an outlier as they've been going to the movies for a while now.

July 4th weekend is when we can start to mark the movie theater chain revival. Top Gun 2 will set it up, Black Widow will knock it down(even with Disney+ Premiere Access). After that, America will truly return to the movies. People will want to see Black Widow at the movie theaters. You might as well put it in the history books now.

12 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

GvK did respectable numbers in China and moderately decent numbers here, but it's not going to be enough to create the major habit change of global audiences going to the movies that's needed to truly call this the revival of the movie theater industry. Regal, Cinemark, and AMC can open every theater in America if they want, but it's still too soon. The world is still in the pandemic. Vaccines aren't even fully available U.S. nationwide yet. After this weekend, I predict a major falloff in theater attendance for anything. China is an outlier as they've been going to the movies for a while now.

July 4th weekend is when we can start to mark the movie theater chain revival. Top Gun 2 will set it up, Black Widow will knock it down(even with Disney+ Premiere Access). After that, America will truly return to the movies. People will want to see Black Widow at the movie theaters. You might as well put it in the history books now.

I do wonder how much the long term damage from theater closure is going to be.  Around me AMC has closed permanently the largest theater by far at 24 screens, including the Imax screen.  They have informed me my "new" primary theater is a 10 screen one about 5 minutes further from me.  The biggest issue is not only does that theater have fewer screens, but the average individual theater seats less than 1/2 of the one that closed.  I have one more independent theater about 15 minutes from me (which actually is my primary one), that seems like it has survived that I think is 10 screens.  The next theater around my then jumps to at least 30 minutes, and I live in a very populated area. So I went from having 44 screens within 15 minutes to having 20 screens, and the overall seats are probably reduced by 65%.