• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats a GA book everyone wants, that means noting to you?
6 6

198 posts in this topic

Fantastic 3.

Probably get stoned for saying that.....

(oh yeah, and if any of you guys that hate Suspense 3, come across a copy and can't stand to look at it, PLEASE PM me immediately.  I would be happy to take it off your hands).

Edited by Hudson

On 1/31/2018 at 5:38 PM, paul747 said:

Any of the non- super hero cover only golden age books.  Zero attachment and really cant believe some of the prices and wonder who will pick up the torch on those books in 10-20 years. :foryou::tonofbricks:

I’ve wrestled with this same idea. I have little insight to what will be considered collectible in 10 years. Remember when Feature Book 20 was the same price as an Action 1?  The covers I find so cool - Science 2, Pep 34, early Amazing Mystery Funnies, etc: what connection will today’s young readers feel in 10 years? Since there’s no character continuity, there may be none.  

53 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Fantastic 3.

(oh yeah, and if any of you guys that hate Suspense 3, come across a copy and can't stand to look at it, PLEASE PM me immediately.  I would be happy to take it off your hands).

You like pain lol

10 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’ve wrestled with this same idea. I have little insight to what will be considered collectible in 10 years. Remember when Feature Book 20 was the same price as an Action 1?  The covers I find so cool - Science 2, Pep 34, early Amazing Mystery Funnies, etc: what connection will today’s young readers feel in 10 years? Since there’s no character continuity, there may be none.  

A man of taste 

6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

More and more I'm attracted to the truly scarce and oddball books.  Or ones with knockout covers.  My small number of ECs and FHs fall into these categories.

I think this Forum does that to a lot of people.

What is in fact pretty scarce and unusual seems to become commonplace here, so people end up going in more and more esoteric directions.

56 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Yes, but to be fair, Science 2, Pep 34 and AMF haven't had character continuity for, oh, about 75 years. 

It's not like most (any) of the people on the boards who currently buy this stuff have an intense childhood nostalgia for Air-Sub DX stories or the action adventures of Dynamo. (shrug) 

20 minutes ago, october said:

Yes, but to be fair, Science 2, Pep 34 and AMF haven't had character continuity for, oh, about 75 years. 

It's not like most (any) of the people on the boards who currently buy this stuff have an intense childhood nostalgia for Air-Sub DX stories or the action adventures of Dynamo. (shrug) 

First of all, that’s funny. 

Detective Comics #62 and #71. 

Detective comics #69 I totally get the price on but those other 2 books just because the Jokers on the cover doesn’t make them great. Neither are bad by any stretch but where as the Joker imposing himself with twin guns works for me the Joker wielding balloons or dropping calendar sheets not so much.

Captain America #27. Not a bad cover but not on my top 10 Cap covers and I’ll take a #26 or #32 over a #27 all day long.

Finally Marvel Mystery #46. This one actually has special meaning to me being the first Timely I ever purchased as a kid so there’s some nostalgic attachment for me there but I never thought it was a great cover by any stretch or a top Hitler cover if I cared about any Adolph covers. When I run across my copies one day they are going straight to eBay so I can bleed some buyer dry and purchase some good Timelys in their place. lol 

4 hours ago, Hudson said:

Fantastic 3.

Vincent probably thinks you are stoned for saying that...

19 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Detective Comics #62 and #71. 

Detective comics #69 I totally get the price on but those other 2 books just because the Jokers on the cover doesn’t make them great. Neither are bad by any stretch but where as the Joker imposing himself with twin guns works for me the Joker wielding balloons or dropping calendar sheets not so much.

Captain America #27. Not a bad cover but not on my top 10 Cap covers and I’ll take a #26 or #32 over a #27 all day long.

Finally Marvel Mystery #46. This one actually has special meaning to me being the first Timely I ever purchased as a kid so there’s some nostalgic attachment for me there but I never thought it was a great cover by any stretch or a top Hitler cover if I cared about any Adolph covers. When I run across my copies one day they are going straight to eBay so I can bleed some buyer dry and purchase some good Timelys in their place. lol 

Agreed on the Cap 27. I've never liked it enough to get it. I've always picked up 26, 28, and 33 over a 27...