• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats a GA book everyone wants, that means noting to you?
6 6

198 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, telerites said:

Batman books with his Dork Boy sidekick.  Tec' 38 ruined Bats forevermore.   I mean just think how many more baddies Bats could nab if he didn't waste his time rescuing Blunder Boy.

7261ec3d6ec7dc9a44081334c1796167--black-500f4da1cb170_135191n.jpg39024d74ba9a1ec730abd92524138add--batman531e51bba0ba538ebe39e1cca5d7098e.jpg39024d74ba9a1ec730abd92524138add--batman

Bats gets a migraine when he realizes what a mistake he made...

a889ee284eabae4ceca0a43095219a9a--batman

...But Captain's America and Marvel (also Magno, The Shield, The Wizard, Samson, Cat-man) and countless others  followed suit..he must've been onto something :baiting:

17 minutes ago, sagii said:

...But Captain's America and Marvel (also Magno, The Shield, The Wizard, Samson, Cat-man) and countless others  followed suit..he must've been onto something :baiting:

:hi: Hey bro

:bigsmile: True.  Bucky was pretty cool and at least wore long pants.  Others may have been a bit lame but Robin vs Kitten,  Kitten is a  ^^

3 hours ago, october said:

Zero interest in owning (for anything near market value):

Whiz 2

Feldstein GGA 

Anything Dan DeCarlo

A lot of Schomburg stuff (most of it looks the same to me)

Question for the GGA guys: why do Dan DeCarlo Millie issues bring like 20x what DeCarlo Irma books bring and 20x what Stan Goldberg stuff brings? It all looks the same to me and seems random. What is the deal?

That’s a great point on the Irma stuff. It is just as good in many cases.  

Feldstein GGA? Umm- I don’t think I can speak with you again now.

43 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

That’s a great point on the Irma stuff. It is just as good in many cases.  

Feldstein GGA? Umm- I don’t think I can speak with you again now.

lol

Maybe they will grow on me. I used to not like Bill Everett either. Took a few years but I learned the error of my ways. Now it's embarrassing to even mention.

6 hours ago, october said:

Question for the GGA guys: why do Dan DeCarlo Millie issues bring like 20x what DeCarlo Irma books bring and 20x what Stan Goldberg stuff brings? It all looks the same to me and seems random. What is the deal?

Millie the Model is an essential player in the Marvel Universe.  I'm sure in no time at all there will be a movie where she takes down the Skrees and the Krulls in an all out fashion war! :kidaround:

Growing up the Romance books were to be avoided at all costs ( those are girls comics right?) but as I get older I think its kinda of a cool niche aspect of our hobby . Not everything has to be Batman or Superman to be cool. However at 16 if I would have asked my local comic shop ( Passiac book center) " got any Young Romance back issues down in the basement" It would not have been cool in any way !!!!!!  It was more like "hey can you  bring up the back issue box of  Smith Conans & no sir I was not going into the Playboy section, no way not me :)

Edited by Frank Mozz

10 hours ago, Ltpink2002 said:

1+

I kinda like 'em. But I'm a pre-code horror collector. The thought that an 8 year old kid could walk up to a newstand and take one of these home blows me away. My mom ever caught me with one of these and it would be torn up and in the trash...

comthismaghaunted10.jpg

comcrimesuspense22.jpg

comfightagainstcrime20pair.jpg

44 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I kinda like 'em. But I'm a pre-code horror collector. The thought that an 8 year old kid could walk up to a newstand and take one of these home blows me away. My mom ever caught me with one of these and it would be torn up and in the trash...

comthismaghaunted10.jpg

comcrimesuspense22.jpg

comfightagainstcrime20pair.jpg

I'm right there with you on being just blown away that kids could get these.  In some ways I really like low grade copies of PCH because I can just imagine kids hiding them and reading them under the covers and trading them with their friends.

I have no interest in Marvel Comics #1   (sorry, Torch drawn horribly on cover IMO)

Tec #38  (I don't like the Boy Wonder at all either). I will purchase Tec's > 38 only if Bats looks ominous/cool despite Robin, but rare after 38.

Doll Man  (although not sure everyone "wants" that either)

Green Lantern doesn't do it for me