• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,024 posts in this topic

On 9/30/2018 at 8:13 AM, 1950's war comics said:

Has anyone seen this horror movie ?? i had never heard of the female version of the Fly movie ....

1643192384_waspwoman.thumb.jpg.aa0bd9798d17da61c8a13dc08c693a6d.jpg

I don’t know about the movie but the poster is cool‼️‼️?❤️

I was never a fan of the Shining, maybe it was because Kubrick captured the isolation but not the follow through of the actual haunting. Yes King wrote the novel and Kubrick was bound to the storyline however it could have been a far creepier movie if the hauntings were highlighted instead of a descent into madness.  All hate mail can be forwarded to 1950's comics he LOVES to reply.:bigsmile:

download.jpg

P.S What you do with the quill afterwards is no bodies business?

Edited by tv horror

1 hour ago, tv horror said:

I was never a fan of the Shining

I saw it when it came out at the theatre ... i was mostly bored watching it , it certainly was not scary as i thought it might be ,, the only scary scenes were the creepy twin girls for some reason and the scene where Scatman Crothers got axed......

i am a huge fan of Kubrick and the Shinning was brilliantly directed and with many standout scenes, but i did not like the role Shelly Duvall played very much

39 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

I saw it when it came out at the theatre ... i was mostly bored watching it , it certainly was not scary as i thought it might be ,, the only scary scenes were the creepy twin girls for some reason and the scene where Scatman Crothers got axed......

i am a huge fan of Kubrick and the Shinning was brilliantly directed and with many standout scenes, but i did not like the role Shelly Duvall played very much

Yes Shelly was certainly AXEing for it! 

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Great book about the Creature here I highly recommend. It's like a bible of knowledge of the trilogy of these Creature movies.

It most certainly is and Mr Weaver is a great guy and writer he even put me on his acknowledgements page in his "the Veil" book all about Karloff's TV series. 

7b01eba67f87a1d4bbb74d2db1b98438.jpg

Cereal box collecting is pretty cool ! i mean we all loved cereal as a kid and we all had our favorites (mine was Cocoa Krispies)

someday CGC may even grade and slab a flat cereal box (doubtful because they are so big !!)

here is a vintage box with a Batman- back of box and pricey too !!

from a cereal box price guide website....

1966afl.jpg1966 Fruit Loops Cereal Box = $250 to $300.00 very nice

Edited by 1950's war comics